PDA

View Full Version : Demo Thoughts?

Barad
10-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Mines downloading now but from what I've heard so far all is not good.. :/

Dante250
10-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Well that last NFS game I played was Carbon, and I got to say its different, Its Okay IMO, liked the graphics, controls were okay.

danUK825
10-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Not convinced from my brief play of the demo. Handling and graphics dont match Hot Pursuit and I wasn't too excited by the gameplay. Hopefully its not too late for them to tweak some aspects based on feed back.

I don't think its going to be awful but I won't rush out to get it on release either.

Barad
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Yupp just played both events and I'm NOT impressed atall. Crap compared to Hot Persuit, rewind funtion doesn't work, controls are horrible and graphics are meh. I will still get this but probably when its at least half price, so next year. And fuck their online pass (they'll probably have one) -_- .

danUK825
10-18-2011, 09:29 PM
The rewind function is odd, almost as if it was added last minute. Why not copy Dirt completly and let you see the gameplay rewind? It would seem less disjointed that way.

On a positive note, I thought it sounded pretty good! Probably got Frostbite 2 to thank for that.

I also don't think you'll have long to wait for a price drop, if Shift 2's anything to go by.

NUFC_Matty
10-18-2011, 10:31 PM
The work NFS I've played, it doesn't even feel like a NFS any more. Not good EA.
Their idea was a good one I'll give them that but everything else just hasn't worked out.
The cars don't handle as though they feel they should the graphics don't look as good and sharp as they should. Based on what I've seen from the demo I'd only give it a 5/10 its a really poor attempt.
I might be a quick buy then complete and send back.

Hot Pursuit was brilliant they should have kept it more like that in terms of graphics and game play it made the car handling abit more believable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is also abit of a general thing but, why do all game companies such as EA when making these new NFS's after Most Wanted seen to go abit downhill? Most Wanted was great, Undercover I really enjoyed as well but after that it's all be slowly going down hill for the NFS franchise. You could really apply this to all of the developers they just seem to ruin everything.

Marcus issavage
10-19-2011, 04:38 AM
What's up with the camera angle? Every time you brake, the camera gets within a inch of your bumper. They definitely need to fix that. Overall, it was just okay, but I'm not expecting much from the series anymore.

Hawaiian
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I was really disappointed. Bad graphics + juddering and gameplay in NFS HP was much better. I don't think that I'll buy the full version.

Thugsley
10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
I thought the sound was excellent in the demo, really good on full surround headset and speaker systems. Sadly this is the high point from my experience of the demo.

The handling is appalling, im not expecting GT5 sim handling but jeez, im driving a Lambo, not a marshmallow. The steering was slow, unresponsive and lacks any sort of feedback. The nitrous system is not explained, unless it fills itself over time.

The AI is rubberbanded yet again and the environments are dare i say it, dull.
Even the snow track is shoddy animation.

Very disappointed and i hope they sort a lot of the problems out before release or else I certainly wont be going for the retail version.

FamousLastX
10-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with the other posts. This feels like a huge step back for the series, that was finally starting to show some potential as if it was headed in the right direction. After buying Hot Pursuit and Shift 2, this looks like it'll just be a rental for me..if that!

Klint Beastw00d
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
All these posts are really dissapointing. I was looking forward to this. I don't know if I'll waste my time with the demo.

Russman
10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I know they say not to base a game on graphics, but man these are ugly compared to recent games i've played. Not to mention the controls and handling of cars. I know this is a demo but man I'm not impressed at all.

Barad
10-21-2011, 06:29 PM
All these posts are really dissapointing. I was looking forward to this. I don't know if I'll waste my time with the demo.

It's not terrible but definitely a step down. It's worth a try I guess. I'm sure the game will be a little better.

Scorpio19875
10-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I think this is the best NfS since Undercover! Story's gonna be awesome, and I think the graphics, handling, etc are great too! The rewind is strange because I can't decide where to put me back but it's okay! :)

Dark Classic
10-29-2011, 07:14 PM
For me is a good demo. The only thing that I really don't liked too much was the gameplay. In my vision it was a mix of a simulator game with a arcade game. Translating, I see a mix of Underground or Most Wanted gameplay with the Shift gameplay. The manner of running and the manner of making the curves is similar to the style of these games (Underground or Most Wanted + Shift or Shift 2 Unleashed).

Well, i can't explain better this, but to me, the demo have the note of 8/10 on the gameplay. It's not easy to accustom with her.

The other aspects of the demo that I love were the beautiful graphics, the music, who combined with the races, and the difficulty, it's good...

Well, for me the demo is 8/10. This game want to inovate the serie again, but I don't know if this will be a good or bad thing...

SpectreSoldier
10-30-2011, 08:48 AM
I didn't like it.
I'll pass.

RuYi
10-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Liked it a lot. The avalanche level was such a blast.
Sadly, the demo is as far as I'll go. I'm just too crappy at racing games to be able to finish the full game, and I hate it when I have to give up half way through.

JKSullivan
10-31-2011, 06:16 PM
It had great potential . . . but the demo was a massive letdown. Way too arcady for me, and not even remotely in a good way. There should be a lot more difference in the handling between the two tracks given that one is covered in snow, but it feels like you're on rails the whole time.

The final nail in the coffin, though, is one of the selling points from the final demo screen about "300 km of racing". Why brag about that? Last I checked, San Fran to NYC is more like 4500 - 5000 km, depending on the route you take . . . so what happened to the other 4200+ km? For a game to play up the experience of racing across country, and then have less than 10% of the actual distance, is pretty lame.

I've been playing Forza for the last couple of weeks, and not obsessively - but I've easily covered more than half this distance if I'm estimating conservatively. This doesn't bode well for The Run in terms of play time.

Klint Beastw00d
11-01-2011, 03:21 AM
It had great potential . . . but the demo was a massive letdown. Way too arcady for me, and not even remotely in a good way. There should be a lot more difference in the handling between the two tracks given that one is covered in snow, but it feels like you're on rails the whole time.

The final nail in the coffin, though, is one of the selling points from the final demo screen about "300 km of racing". Why brag about that? Last I checked, San Fran to NYC is more like 4500 - 5000 km, depending on the route you take . . . so what happened to the other 4200+ km? For a game to play up the experience of racing across country, and then have less than 10% of the actual distance, is pretty lame.

I've been playing Forza for the last couple of weeks, and not obsessively - but I've easily covered more than half this distance if I'm estimating conservatively. This doesn't bode well for The Run in terms of play time.

You really think they can fit the whole distance between SF to NYC in the whole game? There are like 10 stages all in different points so you're not racing the whole way. This game looks great and I think it will be. People need to get off their high horse and stop being so nit-picky.

JKSullivan
11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
My point is that 300 km is a very small distance - at top speed, supercars could cover that distance in less than an hour. However, they chose the cross country race as the scenario, and they're promoting it that way - but they're not delivering. I wouldn't call that nitpicking, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I just don't want to spend 60 bucks on a game that can be beat in a couple of hours.

And for the record - I have bought and played every NFS game from the very beginning, so I'd say I've supported the series as much as anybody can. But they've been going down hill for a while now, and I think this is the first one I'm not going to buy. If it was coming out when there was nothing else out, maybe - but they're coming out around a ton of AAA titles, and I will have plenty to do without another game. Besides, I still have enough on F1 2011 and FM4 to fulfill my need for driving games.

xbox360freak222
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
i liked it but but hot pursuit is better imo

Klint Beastw00d
11-01-2011, 07:38 PM
My point is that 300 km is a very small distance - at top speed, supercars could cover that distance in less than an hour. However, they chose the cross country race as the scenario, and they're promoting it that way - but they're not delivering. I wouldn't call that nitpicking, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I just don't want to spend 60 bucks on a game that can be beat in a couple of hours.

And for the record - I have bought and played every NFS game from the very beginning, so I'd say I've supported the series as much as anybody can. But they've been going down hill for a while now, and I think this is the first one I'm not going to buy. If it was coming out when there was nothing else out, maybe - but they're coming out around a ton of AAA titles, and I will have plenty to do without another game. Besides, I still have enough on F1 2011 and FM4 to fulfill my need for driving games.

I agree the story will be short. There's no doubting that but I think with the Challenge series and hopefully a good multiplayer it can make up for that.

iNT3NTiiONz
11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with the other posts. This feels like a huge step back for the series, that was finally starting to show some potential as if it was headed in the right direction. After buying Hot Pursuit and Shift 2, this looks like it'll just be a rental for me..if that!

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I totally agree with this comment. when the game was announced, it sounded really good, and because hot pusrsuit was impressive IMO, this I assumed to follow. this demo........... well sucked.

Evo Kazz
11-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Totally lost in this thread, I don't get the hate for the demo, I thought it was amazing, day one buy for me, although with the sound of it, I'm the only one buying it lol

Barad
11-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Totally lost in this thread, I don't get the hate for the demo, I thought it was amazing, day one buy for me, although with the sound of it, I'm the only one buying it lol

I just don't understand how anyone could like it after playing the standards of Hot Persuit.. :P