PDA

View Full Version : Could have done a better job..(MAJOR SPOILERS)

thereefernander
10-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Well first jumping in the game I'm like, "OK, this might be OK." But as I progressed through the beginning level I got to a part where I started swinging and them BAM I flew RIGHT through the ceiling. I was like what the fuck. I some how made my way back into the level from the realm of uncreated game area. To find my character still in the "falling" motion. I could fly around the level in a constant falling motion, (arms and legs flailing) eventually this caused me to go right through the wall. I explored a bit going up and down and tried to see how far I could get, I ended up skipping a whole section of the game straight into the first free falling part. That only happened once thankfully.

But things like I have to be in certain spots to spit web at Atrocity's tentacles to hovering over edges of platforms were glitches that were just annoying to say the least.

One thing I REALLY don't get, didn't they make this game out to have Sloan be the BIG bad guy? But he is only in a few scenes before he is sucked into the portal to make Atrocity. Which brings up another thing, I know the whole power, corruption, loved ones dead crazy bit, but was Peter Parker really that easy to win over to be evil? It really didn't make sense to me it seems he could have been persuaded or shown the error of his ways. I initially thought he was probably being controlled by whatever Sloan had on Anti-Venom. Especially when Spider-man said that whole thing about if he had confidence in his own strength and agility he wouldn't use the heavy metal. But I was wrong about that.

Compared to Shattered Dimensions this game shaped up pretty poorly. It's all, X+Y mash this with the occasional bumper and the Mash B on this over and over again. Especially when it comes to length. I felt it was really kind of short.

One more thing to add....
What happens to you if your future self dies?

Tyger7
10-19-2011, 07:11 AM
It's just one big giant loop hole. Without the original Spider Man there would not have been a 2099 Spider Man. Without 2099 Spider Man then he could not have warned/saved regular Spider Man. Meaning, the events that take place HAVE to happen and there cannot be any "what ifs". The only thing that can work is that it's two parrallel universes, not the same universe. Without that then time travel is not able to exist.

Speaking of time, if they made this THEN made Dimensions, it would have been a very different outcome on reviews in my opinion (for both games)

thereefernander
10-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Haha, your just asking for trouble and criticism when you mess with time travel stories. Too many variables.

Fried Cola
10-29-2011, 03:21 AM
One thing I REALLY don't get, didn't they make this game out to have Sloan be the BIG bad guy? But he is only in a few scenes before he is sucked into the portal to make Atrocity. Which brings up another thing, I know the whole power, corruption, loved ones dead crazy bit, but was Peter Parker really that easy to win over to be evil? It really didn't make sense to me it seems he could have been persuaded or shown the error of his ways.

yeah, the Sloan thing was a bit strange. I kinda half figured there were so many people hating on this game because guys! guys! Val Kilmer! It has Val Kilmer in it!!! Holy crap, Lois! And he only says like 3 sentences total. Certainly that let-down would anger a lot of Val Kilmer fans. He was Batman once

Without really ruining much (you're talking some spoilery things there) the time travel bit is a major distraction from the real plot of the game which is corporate espionage. Its hinting very strongly at Anti-Venom being used as an assassin by Sloan likely because despite successfully putting his corp on top of the world, he isn't running it in the future thanks to Spider-man's meddling. The game doesn't come right and tell you this. Maybe its bad writing. Maybe its some temporal causality shenanigans. Who knows

There's also some not-so-subtle hinting the CEO isn't who he claims to be and that is definately related to what O'hara has that allows him to contact Parker (parker's DNA)

One more thing to add....
What happens to you if your future self dies?

Nothing. And that's boring. Its more interesting and amusing to kill people before they're supposed to die and create a history contradicting time paradox. Spiderman 2099's angle on it is, "ZOMG I WON'T EXIST WITHOUT SPIDER-MAN D:" due to the events leading up to Spiderman 2099's birth being deleted, the universe not being able to make sense of itself to have a future spiderman without having a past spiderman, crapping its pants as an answer, and then exploding. Maybe you meant to ask what happens to you if your past self dies? You prolly vanish like a ghost like what happens in Back to the Future.

Ace Attorney 86
02-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Lol I thought that was cool Val Kilmer was in it too, but he could have recorded all his lines in 2 minutes. I wonder how much they paid him for that tiny bit of work? My favorite thing about this game is that Spider-Man 2099 was voiced by the guy who was Spider-Man in the ‘90s cartoon on Fox.

This game had some fun parts but I think everyone agrees it’s a step down from Dimensions. Most of the levels are generic futuristic labs and office hallways. I had to restart the game 3 times due to Spider-Man glitching up and getting stuck when he was wall crawling. I don’t know how Beenox could think the free fall sections were fun when they were play testing them. You hit one obstacle and you’ll usually get smacked by the next 2 or 3 as well. The story was really good through the start of Act III and then it sorta peters out very weakly.

This game is a definite rental. Tyger thanks for doing an awesome job on the guide! :) I hope Beenox will do better with the Amazing Spider-Man tie in game this summer.