PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone?

GWilly41
10-19-2011, 12:19 PM
Is the current layout of Silverstone in the game? I haven't come across it yet. And if not that's a shame, its been two years.

LNG SaNdMaN
10-19-2011, 12:54 PM
I've had a couple of races on the shortened versions, which seemed the same as FM3, but not raced on the full circuit yet.

It's pretty poor if the current layout isn't in the game.

DominicH1712
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM
The current Grand Prix/Moto GP layout is not to the best of my knowledge, even though technically with all of the variations, they have actually reproduced 90% of it

GordonRonco
10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
It's pretty poor if the current layout isn't in the game.

wah wah. cant wait for the DLC?

GeNN1z
10-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Hello.
First Time ive ever posted on a forum just wanted to say thanks alot for your guide it was truly amazing thanks alot.

LNG SaNdMaN
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
wah wah. cant wait for the DLC?

Very mature. I was merely pointing out that if Silverstone was modified 2 years ago, it's not unreasonable to expect the current layout in the game.

BigIanG
10-19-2011, 06:10 PM
They only have the old GP layout and pit location. I wouldn't have minded the new layout with the old pits, but it's really disappointing that they're two years out of date.

GordonRonco
10-19-2011, 07:48 PM
its such a good thing that you guys arent GT fans. thats all they get, disappointment

ian333333
11-10-2011, 03:16 AM
they should have updated silverstone to reflect the changes... i prefer the old track [bridge was the best corner on the circuit and now they skip it :( ] but the option of racing on the new circuit should still be there

they could have 5 variants... the 3 in the game already [with the medium length one slightly modified to take into account the track changes], the current f1 track and the international circuit [ http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/circuit-maps/Southern-circuit/ ]

TwistedFate
11-10-2011, 03:24 AM
It's probably just a licensing issue, not something they just arbitrarily decided to leave out.

ian333333
11-10-2011, 03:38 AM
or a blatant copy and paste from forza 3

JeanRob
11-10-2011, 07:44 AM
The only reason why I am annoyed that the new layout is not in the game is because I hate the old Silverstone soooooo much.

Everytime I race on it I fight to not fall asleep. And don't get me started on the magical tarmac...

Mohegan13
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
TBH I wouldn't care if Silverstone was removed. I would much rather see a version of brands hatch and donnington personally.

SuperSkyline89
11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
TBH I wouldn't care if Silverstone was removed. I would much rather see a version of brands hatch and donnington personally.

I think tracks should never be removed, the number of tracks should increase with every new game just like the number of cars, but obviously at a lower rate since they take much more effort and space.

I was happy to see the new tracks in FM4 but then seeing that we lost New York, the Sidewinder Test Track, and the Amalfi Coast was sad because now you only have 2 more tracks than we did in FM3 despite the fact that we have 5 tracks we never had before.

I know they got rid of them because they didn't work so well with the graphics engine but I'm really hoping they're working on them to bring them back for FM5.

Mohegan13
11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
New York is one track I am glad is gone, while I didn't mind the newer one with chicanes, the old one was just pure boredom for me. If NY was ever to return I would want the original long track from FM2/FM1 (I forget which game) and the chicane version as the only short track.

Rally di Postiano/Full Amalfi is one track I am really disappointed we lost. I feel about that track the same as the loss of Fujimi in FM2. It was an amazingly fun track. Who knows maybe it'll be DLC. It's one track I'd be happy to pay a little for.

SuperSkyline89
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
The long version of New York was amazing, that was the biggest disappointment in FM3 for me. I remember driving the Honda NSX-R on it in FM2 and it was awesome. The one with chicanes was good too, with the new difficulty settings passing there would be a proper challenge because you'd have to pass at the hairpin or Columbus Circle and on the straights but making sure you're in line with the other cars for the chicanes.

ian333333
11-10-2011, 05:36 PM
new york was a fuckin awful track and its omission from forza 4 is one of the best things about the game! i didnt like amalfi coast either so im not upset thats been axed in part either...

id love to have spa and monza in forza, and the full [old] version of barcelona surely that wouldnt be too hard to encorporate? im not sure why only half of the motogp indy track is there omitting the last corner [to avoid the banking]?

JeanRob
11-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Hum guys are you sure about NY?
The full track was only in FM1. In FM2 it was the crappy straight lines, and in FM3 they added the chicanes.
Anyway, good ridance!

I miss the long Positano (Amalfi?) as it was really fun.

It's a shame they keep including crappy real life tracks (Yes I'm talking about you Silverstone & Barcelona, I HATE you!) and drop awesome tracks.

Tracks in Forza 1 were excellent. Rio! Tokyo! Full NY! The track I can't remember the name but was on the docks of a harbour!

Spitflare
11-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Hockenheim is behind the times as well, I think that was changed a year or two ago.
Not being a massive racing fan, I didn't realise until my friend pointed this out (he's been watching F1 for about 12 years). Would like to see more tracks and more cars added to the next game even though I haven't finished this one yet!

SuperSkyline89
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Hum guys are you sure about NY?
The full track was only in FM1. In FM2 it was the crappy straight lines, and in FM3 they added the chicanes.

Oh ok. All the games tend to blur together for me, can't remember which exact game some things were or weren't in, especially since FM1 and 2 both feel like they were decades ago.

Either way I really miss that track, along with Rio I think it was and those point to point stages. This far into the franchise I feel like they should have at least 35 tracks, 22 is a bit weak.

JeanRob
11-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Ok here's my "dream tracklist":

Best tracks:
Blue mountain raceway (Forza 1)
Fujimi Kaido full
Maple Valley
Le Mans - Old version
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Tsukuba
Amalfi coast (Forza 3)
New York - Full (Forza 1)
Rio de Janeiro (Forza 1)
Tokyo (Forza 1)

Tracks I would be annoyed not to have:
Laguna Seca
Camino Viejo - Extreme
Bernese Alps
Suzuka - Full
Motegi - Full
Road America
Road Atlanta

Tracks I wouldn't mind that much losing:
Hockenheimring
Mugello
Nürburgring GP
Sebring
Top Gear
Iberian
Ladera
Rally di Positano
Infineon raceway
Sedona
Sunset peninsula
Benchmark

Tracks I hate:
Silverstone
Catalunya
Indianapolis

Tracks I want:
Hockenheim before the redesign
Pacific shipyards I & II (Forza 1)
Sidewinder proving grounds (Forza 3)
Imaginary circuit in Hong-Kong OR the official circuit of Macau
Charade circuit

Tracks I don't remember:
Test track (Forza 1)
Alpine ring (Forza 1)
Test track (Forza 2)

SuperSkyline89
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Honestly I want all the tracks that have ever been in Forza at all.