PDA

View Full Version : Will you be picking up BF3 at the Midnight release?

Hanzo Zer0
10-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I know i will be.A couple of XXL Chulupas,Mountain Dew Amps and i will be set.What about you?

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not going to lie. Early on I was quite skeptical, but I have decided to pick this up at Midnight and rumor has it that I already took off on Tuesday so that I can get some "rest..."

acurate bob
10-19-2011, 02:15 PM
my plan for the night.

Get to city centre about 11 ish, have an all you can eat contest with the guys at a pizza house for an hour, get BF3, spend the rest of the night on it, then the following week...

This way i probably wont need to eat anything the next day, gun-hoo!

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
my plan for the night.

Get to city centre about 11 ish, have an all you can eat contest with the guys at a pizza house for an hour, get BF3, spend the rest of the night on it, then the following week...

This way i probably wont need to eat anything the next day, gun-hoo!

All that cheese might not be such a good idea if you are planning on couching it up with BF all day. Just saying... :p

CIF
10-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Mail doesn't come at midnight :( lol

Tatanko
10-19-2011, 02:56 PM
I will most definitely be picking up the game Monday night (Tuesday morning if you're being technical about it). Originally I had planned to be off work on Tuesday and Wednesday, but that simply can't happen now thanks to stuff going on at work. I am VERY tempted to pull an all-nighter Monday night though and just load myself up with Red Bull for the work day on Tuesday :p

Opiate42
10-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Ditto, my pre-order is being mailed.

GeNN1z
10-19-2011, 03:31 PM
i am doing this for mw3:) not bf3!

littlejay
10-19-2011, 03:34 PM
nah. i like my sleep and have to be at work. ill get it during lunch and play all night after release :)

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 04:04 PM
i am doing this for mw3:) not bf3!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg_R158u08ulopqvr3f8zS8dO7-anjTHN5PyR-Cc9Vhc7gpqcX4w

nah. i like my sleep and have to be at work. ill get it during lunch and play all night after release :)

Dude! Who needs sleep? Why not play all night, and then sleep on your lunch break? :D

savok1
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Pre ordered so hoping it will be delivered early!

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Pre ordered so hoping it will be delivered early!

Where did you pre-order from? I used to own my own video game store and one of the best perks was that I would receive all of the new releases a few days early. You know that I took advantage of that on a regular basis.

steamboatidk
10-19-2011, 06:35 PM
I will be at my local gamestop for the 12 oclock release getting my copy because im off.

savok1
10-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Where did you pre-order from? I used to own my own video game store and one of the best perks was that I would receive all of the new releases a few days early. You know that I took advantage of that on a regular basis.

Game, here in uk, so you will have it before me anyhow lol

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Game, here in uk, so you will have it before me anyhow lol

Gotcha. I apologize for getting it first. I'll try to save some ammo for ya! :p

cHRiSCOe
10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm surprised after all the "battlefield is the greatest", or "mw3 sucks my balls", or "mw3 sucks battlefields balls", there are so many people including myself that will not pick this up on midnight release!

Grey Delta
10-19-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not going, doesn't mean I'm not hyped :p

WickedD365
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm excited for this launch, but it's not a "must have at midnight" games. That and we are a man short here at work so I can't miss any days right now.
I will pick my copy up on my way home from work along with dinner. Pei Wei is next to my Gamestop.

Might have a "doctor appointment" that day so I can skip out of work a little early.

CGPsaint
10-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm excited for this launch, but it's not a "must have at midnight" games. That and we are a man short here at work so I can't miss any days right now.
I will pick my copy up on my way home from work along with dinner. Pei Wei is next to my Gamestop.

Might have a "doctor appointment" that day so I can skip out of work a little early.

Would that "doctor appointment" involve you drinking a Dr. Pepper so that you can get the code under the cap?

Benny34
10-19-2011, 08:57 PM
nope i get it after school.

Poppygalaxy
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Nope.

Chuck Testa. Sorry, could not resist it.

But no. I will get my copy in the mail, hopefully the 26th.

fastNcurious
10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Pre-ordered, but picking it up on release day. No midnight openings near me, plus I'm a reverse vampire. I hate being outside at night.

WickedD365
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Would that "doctor appointment" involve you drinking a Dr. Pepper so that you can get the code under the cap?

Nice! Didn't even think about that. It does now.

fastNcurious
10-19-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm not so sure the missus would enjoy you sipping all that cola while playing doctor with her....

FeaRs
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna be getting mine at Midnight Release too! Already looked at my work schedule and I don't have to work the day it comes out and not until late on the Wednesday after. Looks to be some good time to play Battlefield for me!

Frozenghost001
10-19-2011, 10:56 PM
nahh i got school at 6am im tryna get my sleep! i never go to midnight releases they're so stupid i mean waiting until later on in the day to get the game's not gonna kill you...

Cooljoe
10-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Hell yeah! Right after some spaghetti and meatballs for dinner off to my local gamestop!

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 12:47 AM

I'm glad that I could help. It's not a lie if there's some truth to it!

I'm not so sure the missus would enjoy you sipping all that cola while playing doctor with her....

The missus will enjoy me playing "doctor" with her regardless of what I am or am not drinking!

Hell yeah! Right after some spaghetti and meatballs for dinner off to my local gamestop!

I was thinking Chicken Wings myself!

Dz06lt
10-20-2011, 12:54 AM
nope midnight releases are pointless imo.

Hanzo Zer0
10-20-2011, 01:51 AM
nope midnight releases are pointless imo.
Ok explain how they are pointless????

Dz06lt
10-20-2011, 01:54 AM
how arent they.... its pointless to stay up till midnight go to store drive home and get no sleep. People have lives

MediumMelanin
10-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Hell yeah, I can pre-load my game on the 21st (as it's a download) and play at midnight sharp! WHOO! Hope the multiplayer lobbies are open for business!

SlapCheekMOMBO
10-20-2011, 12:41 PM
No, have to bring some peeps to airport at 3 in the morning lol

Stormy2k
10-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Nope, a day early from Shopto.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
how arent they.... its pointless to stay up till midnight go to store drive home and get no sleep. People have lives
You play video games. STFU. I work 40+ hours a week and I'll be at a midnight release. Excuse me for enjoying something :rolleyes:

Stormy2k
10-20-2011, 01:22 PM
You play video games. STFU. I work 40+ hours a week and I'll be at a midnight release. Excuse me for enjoying something :rolleyes:I do 39 hours a week and sometimes do midnight launches, but I always book time off from work the following day.

Tried doing a midnight launch once for Black Ops, stayed up until time for work, worst day ever.

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 02:14 PM
You play video games. STFU. I work 40+ hours a week and I'll be at a midnight release. Excuse me for enjoying something :rolleyes:

Ditto this. Of course, I did take Tuesday off as a Personal Day so...

I do 39 hours a week and sometimes do midnight launches, but I always book time off from work the following day.

Tried doing a midnight launch once for Black Ops, stayed up until time for work, worst day ever.

I remember staying up all night playing Spec Ops Coop with a friend. I seriously should have taken the next day off because I was 100% certifiably zombiefied.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I seriously should have taken the next day off because I was 100% certifiably zombiefied.
Seeing as I am now going to have to work on Tuesday (and the rest of the work week, ugh), I will be grabbing a couple hours of sleep and loading up on 5 Hour Energy and/or Red Bull for the work day. I am leaving early on Tuesday, though! :D

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
I plan on being at the midnight release. Depends on my leave getting approval, as my supervisor is slow on replying. Barring that, I will catch a long nap Monday, and stay up all night and day Tuesday.

secretkaos187
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I was a "HELL YEAH"

ConfederateSuga
10-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Not getting it at all. I still don't get how Battlefield is still around, tbh. How many GOTY, shooter of the year or multiplayer game of the year awards has the franchise won? And I'm not talking about Battlefield 1942, when the series really had no competition. I think it's just the hardcore fanboys that keep this franchise alive. I have one on my friend's list. Still love him, but I question his taste in games. ><

FeatherbottomMR
10-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I will be too drunk from watching the world series to go at midnight... so i will get it tuesday morning....

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Not getting it at all. I still don't get how Battlefield is still around, tbh. How many GOTY, shooter of the year or multiplayer game of the year awards has the franchise won? And I'm not talking about Battlefield 1942, when the series really had no competition. I think it's just the hardcore fanboys that keep this franchise alive. I have one on my friend's list. Still love him, but I question his taste in games. ><
You sound like a Call of Duty fanboy. Just sayin'.

For the record, it's still around because it's a GOOD GAME SERIES. Awards don't equal quality, Call of Duty is proof of that.

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Seeing as I am now going to have to work on Tuesday (and the rest of the work week, ugh), I will be grabbing a couple hours of sleep and loading up on 5 Hour Energy and/or Red Bull for the work day. I am leaving early on Tuesday, though! :D

That sucks. I'll play a couple of hours for you too!

Barad
10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Hell no why would I go outside my house to get some video game at midnight :/ Picking up my reserved copy in the afternoon.

CGPsaint
10-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Hell no why would I go outside my house to get some video game at midnight :/ Picking up my reserved copy in the afternoon.

I figure that if I get the game at midnight and rush straight home, I might be able to finish a round or two before the servers implode!

Stormy2k
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Ditto this. Of course, I did take Tuesday off as a Personal Day so...

I remember staying up all night playing Spec Ops Coop with a friend. I seriously should have taken the next day off because I was 100% certifiably zombiefied.I didn't think it was possible to almost fall asleep standing up!

Seeing as I am now going to have to work on Tuesday (and the rest of the work week, ugh), I will be grabbing a couple hours of sleep and loading up on 5 Hour Energy and/or Red Bull for the work day. I am leaving early on Tuesday, though! :DIm definatly getting some cans of Monster in ready to keep me going for future endevours.

Barad
10-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I figure that if I get the game at midnight and rush straight home, I might be able to finish a round or two before the servers implode!

Lol true that.

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Im definatly getting some cans of Monster in ready to keep me going for future endevours.

I remember working an event for my old company and there was a Monster booth right next to mine. Needless to say I drank Monster Energy drinks ALL day long. I might also mention that I didn't put a single solid piece of food in my mouth all day and yet I still had to poop at the end of the day. WTF is in Monster drinks???

Lol true that.

Just remember that I warned you when you get home in the afternoon and you can't get on!

Dz06lt
10-21-2011, 01:01 AM

um i work 45 hrs a week and am married and still enjoy games and according to your poll i beleive im on the correct side of this so you STFU:uzi:

LawlCake1214
10-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Nope, I would love to but there wont really be a point since I wont be able to play it till the next day anyway.. well technically I mean the same day but waaaaaayyy after. So I'm just going to pick it up on my way home from school.

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 01:42 AM
LawlCake, I love your avatar. I wonder if it's one of the parents of my Hummingator.

Tatanko
10-21-2011, 02:21 AM
um i work 45 hrs a week and am married and still enjoy games and according to your poll i beleive im on the correct side of this so you STFU:uzi:
"Correct" side of what? The poll? How many people that said "no" ordered it online and have to wait for it to get to their house? Bet you didn't think about that extremely likely scenario. The poll doesn't validate your fuddy-duddy comment of "people have lives". That's just plain ignorant (no, not ignernt or whatever the fuck rednecks say).

LoIQ
10-21-2011, 02:34 AM
I will be too drunk from watching the world series to go at midnight... so i will get it tuesday morning....

You must be a Texans fan...

DEG23
10-21-2011, 05:31 AM
As tempted as i am to attend the midnight launch i must decline. I have an important meeting the following day i can not afford to screw up, and as tempting as it is to attend the launch then tell myself i will play only one game, i think we all know there is no such thing as playing just one game of Battlefield multi.

Poppygalaxy
10-21-2011, 07:57 AM
As tempted as i am to attend the midnight launch i must decline. I have an important meeting the following day i can not afford to screw up, and as tempting as it is to attend the launch then tell myself i will play only one game, i think we all know there is no such thing as playing just one game of Battlefield multi.

Smart decision, But a painful situation. :p

x SL4YER x
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
just got 12 days of work as we have a slow week and a half end october begining november . what timeing midnight opening er er hell yeh

upindat
10-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I live in texas and most of the gamestops around are not even going to be open for the midnight release of this game. Got mine pre ordered tru amazon . To the door for 36 bucks and will get it the day it is released!!! LOVE amazon and there credits!!

SEMTEX BHOY gt
10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I've only ever been to one midnight opening before and I swore I would never do it again. But I live five minutes walk away from a smaller GAME store, so I'm tempted. If I leave the house about quarter past twelve be there by twenty past and hopefully be home with the kettle on and the game installing onto my hard drive by half past. I'm still undecided though.

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I've only ever been to one midnight opening before and I swore I would never do it again. But I live five minutes walk away from a smaller GAME store, so I'm tempted. If I leave the house about quarter past twelve be there by twenty past and hopefully be home with the kettle on and the game installing onto my hard drive by half past. I'm still undecided though.

Everything about this post screams that you live in England! :p

Grey Delta
10-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Everything about this post screams that you live in England! :p

You'd swear no other nations drink tea :p

LawlCake1214
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
LawlCake, I love your avatar. I wonder if it's one of the parents of my Hummingator.

Thanks! Lmao, at first I was like "What the hell is a Hummingator?" Then I saw your avatar and was like "OOOOHHH shit, thats beast!"

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 07:23 PM
You'd swear no other nations drink tea :p

Exactly how much tea have you consumed from your kettle lately? ;)

Thanks! Lmao, at first I was like "What the hell is a Hummingator?" Then I saw your avatar and was like "OOOOHHH shit, thats beast!"

My sister lives in Florida so I'm constantly looking for things to post on her wall. The Hummingator is just one of the fun creatures I have stumbled across on the glorious interwebz.

CIF
10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
You love Call of Duty.

Think about those statements for a second...

BrotherBadger
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
I have tuesday off(just happened that way, not a personal day), so i'll probably go to the midnight release. And for the record, i also work 40+ and am married. I'm an insomniac tho, so i'll be awake anyways. May as well play some games.

My plan isn't like everybody else tho. I plan to pick up some beer, and slowly watch my skills decrease as the night goes on. :drunk

It's gonna be fun.

Grey Delta
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Exactly how much tea have you consumed from your kettle lately? ;)

Literally just sat down with my 4th. I think the Irish drink more tea than the English :eek:

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 08:34 PM
I have tuesday off(just happened that way, not a personal day), so i'll probably go to the midnight release. And for the record, i also work 40+ and am married. I'm an insomniac tho, so i'll be awake anyways. May as well play some games.

My plan isn't like everybody else tho. I plan to pick up some beer, and slowly watch my skills decrease as the night goes on. :drunk

It's gonna be fun.

Some of us don't need beer to witness this phenomenon. Sheer exhaustion works just as well and it a bit cheaper.

BrotherBadger
10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Some of us don't need beer to witness this phenomenon. Sheer exhaustion works just as well and it a bit cheaper.

I wish i had that ability. :(

tripleb2k
10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I said 'maybe.' Depends on the weather. Suppose to be cold and rainy so I don't think I'll torment myself. Just go over in the morning and pick it up.
P.S. EXCITED!

CGPsaint
10-21-2011, 09:43 PM
I wish i had that ability. :(

Have you tried watching Lost. That show put me to sleep in no time...

Dz06lt
10-22-2011, 02:03 AM
"Correct" side of what? The poll? How many people that said "no" ordered it online and have to wait for it to get to their house? Bet you didn't think about that extremely likely scenario. The poll doesn't validate your fuddy-duddy comment of "people have lives". That's just plain ignorant (no, not ignernt or whatever the fuck rednecks say).

You started the flamewar clown, and you dont have any clue how many people ordered online you made the poll and it doesnt validate your point of view either

Kaiyo
10-22-2011, 03:12 AM
I'll go in the morning to get the game.

Tatanko
10-22-2011, 04:03 AM
You started the flamewar clown, and you dont have any clue how many people ordered online you made the poll and it doesnt validate your point of view either
Remind me again how I made the poll? Last I checked my name isn't Hanzo Zer0. Also, you started the flamewar with this post...
That screams "fuck you anyone that voted yes".

i NatrlKilla i
10-22-2011, 04:03 AM
I'll be going to the midnight launch. I work 3pm-11pm (stupid Amazon shifts), and GAME is practically on my route home anyway. I'll get there for about 11:30, get frostbite queueing up, and then play into the early hours of Friday morning. Should have the Friday and Saturday off, I've had book it 3 times. If not, I'm still having them off...

BrotherBadger
10-22-2011, 06:22 AM

:D

I thought i was the only person who didn't like that show. My roommate kept having me watch it, but every time i did, all i could think of was "this is just a darker version of Gilligan's island.

Grey Delta
10-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I always read your name as Badger Botherer...

Kreywet
10-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Going to eat out at Apple Bees then going to roam around walmart a bit before heading to gamestop, then its all night gaming.

Nitnoid
10-22-2011, 02:29 PM

Yes, Lost required the viewer to actually THINK. Something the networks don't normally show over the airwaves...

TheUglyCasanova
10-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Nope. Don't you people have jobs or something? :p

I'm fine waiting until Tuesday when it shows up on my doorstep and I had to pay less for shipping than I would gas to pick it up only to play it for an hour.

Can't wait for Tuesday though. Will pee myself upon seeing the box there probably.

Tatanko
10-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Nope. Don't you people have jobs or something? :p
Here we go again...

Dz06lt
10-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Remind me again how I made the poll? Last I checked my name isn't Hanzo Zer0. Also, you started the flamewar with this post...

That screams "fuck you anyone that voted yes".

You deciced to flame me because i said it was pointless, a big "fuck you to the majority who voted no". Just because my opion is different than yours and happens to be in the majority you wanted to start shit so back the fuck off

MediumMelanin
10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Wow, this thread is really going off topic, you guys...relax...no need to flame...a mod might pop in and close this for 1) Going off-topic, aka chatting 2) flaming.

So, final point: Most people aren't going to midnight release, which I think most voters aren't hardcore Battlefield players!

XxINYOUREYE11xX
10-23-2011, 12:50 AM
I get off work at midnight and I'll be heading straight to gamestop. Hope to see you all online. Hopefully your not cursing me for killing you ;)

Takamura Bear
10-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Wow, this thread is really going off topic, you guys...relax...no need to flame...a mod might pop in and close this for 1) Going off-topic, aka chatting 2) flaming.

So, final point: Most people aren't going to midnight release, which I think most voters aren't hardcore Battlefield players!

The mods don't...I don't think they come here much because a few threads on here should have been locked by now. >_>

I mean, a thread made quite recently went way the fuck off topic, and I made things worse by making everyone switch the discussion to whales. Whales. I trolled an entire thread with fucking whales. You can't make that shit up. :eek:

Anyway, no I'm not going to any midnight release, but I would if I had the chance to go to one of those "big" launch events. I remember MW2 had quite a big launch event over here in London, and I expect they'll be something similar or even bigger over here for BF3.

mgorsi
10-23-2011, 01:14 AM
I get off work at midnight and I'll be heading straight to gamestop. Hope to see you all online. Hopefully your not cursing me for killing you ;)

goddamn it dude, u really are in almost every thread i post on, lol no hate just sayin, I guess we r interested in similar gms, lol

XxINYOUREYE11xX
10-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Really??? I haven't been on here posting for awhile but maybe so. I play a little bit of everything.

Guitarr Steve
10-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I won't be picking it up at midnight because I have school the next day, but I did pre-order it so I can pick it up after school.

Either I do that or I can fake sick that day. If I can get 10 people to quote this post and tell me to fake sick, I'll do it and post a picture of me playing BF3 in my bed. :)

CGPsaint
10-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Literally just sat down with my 4th. I think the Irish drink more tea than the English :eek:

Yeah, but the Irish usually pour a wee bit of alcohol in with their tea.

:D

I thought i was the only person who didn't like that show. My roommate kept having me watch it, but every time i did, all i could think of was "this is just a darker version of Gilligan's island.

I wasn't a fan. Quite simply I didn't find the premise to be interesting.

Yes, Lost required the viewer to actually THINK. Something the networks don't normally show over the airwaves...

This may be true, but as I said above, the premise didn't interest me. I watch House, Dexter and How I Met Your Mother. Aside from that, not much.

The mods don't...I don't think they come here much because a few threads on here should have been locked by now. >_>

I mean, a thread made quite recently went way the fuck off topic, and I made things worse by making everyone switch the discussion to whales. Whales. I trolled an entire thread with fucking whales. You can't make that shit up. :eek:

Anyway, no I'm not going to any midnight release, but I would if I had the chance to go to one of those "big" launch events. I remember MW2 had quite a big launch event over here in London, and I expect they'll be something similar or even bigger over here for BF3.

Dude, we had a whale of a good time with that thread, and furthermore, at least nobody was flaming anyone else in that thread.

Tatanko
10-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Just because my opion is different than yours and happens to be in the majority you wanted to start shit so back the fuck off
You're still completely ignoring what your so-called majority is saying: many of them would go if they could. They're not even agreeing with you, they're just forced to choose the same option as you because the options are too vague.

Also, I "flamed" you because you you said it was pointless, and it is not. You essentially attacked anyone who disagreed with yourself by making that statement, whether you like it or not.

Let's agree to disagree and get this thread back on track.

xeodus9
10-23-2011, 09:40 AM
NOPE but tuesday afternoon i'm running to the store LOL

SS the Driver
10-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Hell yeah!
I'm not sleeping till I get it

Dz06lt
10-24-2011, 12:23 AM
You're still completely ignoring what your so-called majority is saying: many of them would go if they could. They're not even agreeing with you, they're just forced to choose the same option as you because the options are too vague.

Also, I "flamed" you because you you said it was pointless, and it is not. You essentially attacked anyone who disagreed with yourself by making that statement, whether you like it or not.

Let's agree to disagree and get this thread back on track.

Whatever you say pal, of course everyone else opinion doesnt matter especially when different than yours.

Annihil88torr
10-24-2011, 12:54 AM
picking up my copy at midnight got like 4 twelve packs of mountain dew Gamefuel, even though it's MW3 gamefuel. Gonna order a pizza and Bam play this shit all day all night.

BrotherBadger
10-24-2011, 03:45 AM
I always read your name as Badger Botherer...

Damn, that's good. I might change my Xbox Live name to that. :)

CGPsaint
10-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Damn, that's good. I might change my Xbox Live name to that. :)

Wouldn't a "badger botherer" just be a Dachshund?

Tatanko
10-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't a "badger botherer" just be a Dachshund?
Good one, but I still think I like Badger Botherer better. I also second this man's motion to change his gamertag.

Hanzo Zer0
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
And some people like going to midnight releases cause thats what FANS do.

Hanzo Zer0
10-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Nah ill just be killing you back just as fast! :woop:

WWFMankind 1969
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I would love to, but there are just too many games coming out right now... and I gotta pick and choose based on the Single Player experience (not a big Multiplayer fan).

BBDrew84
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
I will be waiting until tomorrow to grab it. It does not mean I am excited to get it though, I am going to wake up around 5am which is sleeping in for me. Get some things done like grocery shopping, work out, pay my water bill, and eat a good breakfast. Probably be waiting in the parking lot when the store opens. I got the next two days off work, my boss laughs when I tell him I am taking time off for a video game. Gotta love that PTO!

TheOneJat
10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Hopefully have my copy on Thursday morning (UK) I will be curtain twitching looking for the postman, used to getting them a day early when Amazon send them out, dont let me down Amazon!

FreestyleNoob
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Been to two midnight releases in the past. The first being GTA IV and the second being FIFA 10. They both weren't very enjoyable, probably due to the anxiety of the store running out of copies (I don't bother to pre-order). Luckily GTA IV was in stock, so that was good (there was a queue of about 300 people), but FIFA 10 was sold out.

Personally I just pre-order online nowadays. Get them one day earlier and normally cheaper. Works for me!

FPS GLIMMER
10-25-2011, 12:17 AM
I want too but I cant. Stupid job...

Kaiyo
10-25-2011, 12:35 AM
I'll get mine at the midnight release of Battlefield 3 at my local GameStop.

DarkCreations
10-25-2011, 01:14 AM
I've pre-ordered it from GAME online, but it's yet to be shipped :( Usually they ship on a Monday, ready for a Thursday/Friday delivery, and with the high demand i would have thought it would be dispatched earlier, and the post would just hold it or something. They even said in an e-mail they were taking the money a little earlier. Hopefully i'll still get it on Friday at the latest though.

BS411
10-25-2011, 01:40 AM
I want to but I gotta go to school tomorrow. Good thing my high school is over at 1:40 and i'm home by 2 so i'll have the rest of the afternoon to play it.

Bajan Elite
10-25-2011, 02:32 AM
No I will not I am renting from gamefly

Kaiyo
10-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Just got my badboy awhile ago.

FoxRacing1234
10-25-2011, 06:18 AM
I got off work too late!:( I tried. They were all locked up when I got there and of course you can only get it at the store you got the pre-order through or else I would have gotten it. Crap! :(

nagal
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
"hell ya!" does a fish fart bubbles???

Maka
10-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Got at Midnight. Played until 3:30am. Must wake up for 7:00am. Will be at school until 5:00PM. Have a midterm Wednesday morning. I'm screwed.

XxBlueSpade2xX
10-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Too many midnight releases in such a short time. I'm waiting til' tomorrow for this one. I haven't even opened Arkham City. Or, Rage for that matter.

silencedlight
10-25-2011, 12:30 PM
From UK. Will be getting there for 11 as we have a ticket service where you can get a numbered ticket, go away and come back at 12 and go straight to front of the queue. The coffee place is opening just for it from 11 til 1, right next door. Theres a pub one minute down the road so that'll be my 'spawn point'.