PDA

View Full Version : Suzuka clean lap, wtf?

Taki...
10-19-2011, 02:06 PM
On the start/finish straight in first place, that little f@Łking exclamation icon keeps flashing totally knackering my clean lap. And before anyone asks; the previous lap was 100% clean. I didn't even touch a curb. This is the second time I've had this problem on Suzuka. On one of the short tracks it gave me a 'dirty' lap for driving on the left side of a straight instead of the right. It's pissing me off.

H2O
10-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Never had a problem myself. It can be a very narrow track in places, are you sure you're not just edging a little bit onto the grass?

Taki...
10-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Never had a problem myself. It can be a very narrow track in places, are you sure you're not just edging a little bit onto the grass?

It's the start/finish straight, there's no grass to touch... it happened the previous lap, so I made certain the rest of that lap I didn't even touch a curb, just to make sure my final lap would count as clean. Then as soon as I go around the final, gentle, bend... the stupid thing starts flashing. I rewound, tried different lines, but every time it flashes. So annoying.

H2O
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
That is odd. :confused:

I was thinking of the back straight. Some of the curbs will give you dirty lap if you use them even a reasonable amount but as you say you didn't touch them either i have no clue...

DominicH1712
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
You also get a dirty lap if the car behind is drafting you, this may help to explain it

Taki...
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
You also get a dirty lap if the car behind is drafting you, this may help to explain it

That could be it. I didn't really check to see how close it was. TY.

DominicH1712
10-19-2011, 02:59 PM
No problem, i believe the cut off is a gap of 150-160 feet, and you need to be doing 100mph to draft

GordonRonco
10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
yea its drafting. i get the same thing on Mugello if the car behind me is too close. just slide over to the pit wall and you should be fine. if the AI is set to expert or pro they might follow you to keep drafting, depends on how close to turn 1 you are

Smuffy
10-19-2011, 11:26 PM
yea its drafting. i get the same thing on Mugello if the car behind me is too close. just slide over to the pit wall and you should be fine. if the AI is set to expert or pro they might follow you to keep drafting, depends on how close to turn 1 you are

Yeah, that's them drafting off of you. They make clean laps nearly impossible in anything but time trials. :rant:

erod550
10-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Yep, gotta get a decent lead to be able to get a clean lap in races. You can also watch your mirror and try to stay off to the side of them on the straights so they aren't drafting you, but that can screw you up for your line entering the next turn.

FOXHOUND MGS4
10-20-2011, 07:50 PM
You can draft a car infront of you up to 99mph but as soon as you hit 100mph your lap is knackered. Same thing happens if an AI car hits you or you hit one of them etc etc. I can understand it if you cut a corner but when it's not your fault why should you get compromised? You don't see this happening in Formula 1 races or Nascar races.... Drafting is a part of racing, not some form of penalty! This was an annoying problem with Forza 3 which i hoped Turn 10 would rectify but alas they haven't. :mad:

erod550
10-20-2011, 10:58 PM
They also don't care about lap times in F1 or NASCAR so that's irrelevant. It doesn't disqualify you from the race or give you a penalty in the race, just makes your lap time not count. You can blame people in early Gran Turismo and PGR games who would use the walls to get better times. Certain turns it was faster to just bang off the wall than actually slow down for the turn. You could potentially do the same in a race by just banging off the other cars. It may be annoying from time to time when you thought you had a clean lap, but it's a million times better than the leaderboards being filled with a bunch of cheesers who cut every turn they can and use walls to go faster.