PDA

View Full Version : Forza 4 comes out & my FFB race wheel overheats!!

Jasmx
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
I cant believe it! I've been looking forward to Forza 4, get in then within a week my Official Force Feed Back race Wheel overheats, I can only run it off a battery pack now, livid! :uzi:

1. Anyone know of a fix for this? (please say yes! lol)

2. Anyone in the same boat and do you think its worth keeping and using without the FFB?

or 3. Get that new wireless wheel?

I like the new wheel but really like to use the peddles & have something fixed to hold. (I like doing track days so prefer the proper set up.

Thoughts please

Matt36
10-19-2011, 02:37 PM
- Find the receipt and take it back to the shop.

- Hope its in warrenty and contact the maker.

- Buy a new one.

Only options I'm afraid. Same for anything you buy.

OctagonQontrol
10-19-2011, 03:46 PM
The new wireless wheel from Microsoft, without the pedals, is a piece of junk... Didn't read any review giving it more than 8/10 and read several threads that describe not having the 2 extra buttons over a regular controller thus rendering some things useless in games.

Better off finding a 2nd hand MS Wheel or shell out big $$$ on Fanatec... :(

pigmund
10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Exactly same thing happened to me about 2 weeks after forza 3 came out.
Works with battery but wheel no longer centers itself which is a pain.

Alaskanassassin
10-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Mine just went out today, the ffb works but even in dead center the wheel is turning extreme left or right. useless. I loved the thing, now time to get used to a controller :/

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
If the power adapter is what went out, they recalled that thing a couple of years ago.

SuperSkyline89
10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I really recommend staying far away from that sorry excuse of a wheel Microsoft now has. It has no left or right bumpers or a headset jack, considering this is first party hardware that's simply moronic.

Jasmx
10-19-2011, 07:07 PM
I cant bring myself to play it with a controller, Ill just keep using it without the FFB, shame as I really enjoyed that.
Just means I'll have to recharge the battery packs.

I got it from Ebay a few months back for 50, not a bad price when you see what the others go for.

I read somewhere Madcatz are bring out a new wheel with FFB.

iDashboard
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't know why but I cant really use the racing wheel on games like this. Just isn't in my racing feel or something, weird I know. I would find my receipt and take it back to wherever you got it, then either get a new one or just take your money and run.

dotCody
10-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing that you didn't buy either of these high quality beauties:

http://www.fanatec.de/img/csreweb.jpg
http://www.fanatec.de/img/csrweb.jpg