PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty menu in career main menu

Optimus Grizley
10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
How do I get to the difficulty settings under the career menu? I had done it before but now I can find it under any menu in career section. Was I just imagining a difficulty menu in the main menu for career? I thought that the select button brought me to the difficulty menu but now there nothing. I would like to get back to it since the difficulty menu that you can use before starting a race doesn't have all the same settings as the one in career main menu.

IEvil IMonkey
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Career is set to World Tour Mode which means the AI gets better as you do I believe
Its ment to learn as you do so its always competitive.... the only way to make it easier/harder is to adjust your driving aids =)

Optimus Grizley
10-19-2011, 04:30 PM
How do I get to the aids before I select go race in the menu. I have done of before. I want to switch off the "AI upgrades" but the only difficulty menu I can get to is the one where you are about to race and the one where you select an event. Neither of them have the ability to turn off AI upgrades.

IEvil IMonkey
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
How do I get to the aids before I select go race in the menu. I have done of before. I want to switch off the "AI upgrades" but the only difficulty menu I can get to is the one where you are about to race and the one where you select an event and after choosing an event that doesn't allow the current car and have to select a different one. Then it goes to a screen with the event name and the options to start and set difficulty. And neither of them have the ability to turn off AI upgrades.

Im currently doing the EVENTS LIST and this has the option to turn on/off AI upgrades through the ASSISTS/DIFFICULTY menu at the bottom of the screen by pressing the :start: button but this wont carry on into the World Tour Mode Im pretty sure of it... Is this where you saw this option :confused:

SuperSkyline89
10-19-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't turn that off in World Tour.

GordonRonco
10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Career is set to World Tour Mode which means the AI gets better as you do I believe
damnit, thats what that means? looks like boosting my level just worked against me >_<

Optimus Grizley
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks zinadine. I will have to check that out when I next play. I thought that I was losing my mind. On another note. I can't chowder the difficulty setting now. Meaning easy medium or hard. Was that ever in the set difficulty tab for world tour or was that just for the event list?

Edit: meant change not chowder. Dumb smart phone dicks with me all the time.

iDashboard
10-19-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't believe you can change how difficult the other racers are in World Tour. If you are really having a hard time winning one race in general, just go find that in the Event Select and set the AI to EASY from there.

TwistedFate
10-19-2011, 09:01 PM
damnit, thats what that means? looks like boosting my level just worked against me >_<

No, not your level. Your driving skill. Hit a lot of walls and brake real early into turns consistently and the AI will respond by driving less aggressively.

I can't chowder the difficulty setting now. Meaning easy medium or hard. Was that ever in the set difficulty tab for world tour or was that just for the event list?

You can set the AI difficulty for Event List only. You can use Preset Difficulty setups in World Tour by choosing the topmost option: Easy, Medium Hard, Custom. This does not set AI difficulty but instead turns on or off options according to a preset list.

Optimus Grizley
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
This game is to damn confusing. Wish they would have kept of like FM 3 and have the difficulty setting the same for world tour and event list. I don't really like how it is. I guess I have been driving to good because now if I don't upgrade my car I won't be able to get 1st in world tour. Probably just me but I don't really like to upgrade cars because to me it takes away from the sim aspect of it. That and and some of the upgrades are not realistic...atleast in FM 3. Haven't really looked at what can be upgraded on the some of the cars yet in FM 4. But if they want to be considered a "sim" then they should have realistic upgrades for cars. The only unrealistic upgrade I remember from FM 3 was the engine swap for the Chevrolet Aveo. Impossible to put a Corvette I think Z06 engine in an Aveo.

GordonRonco
10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
No, not your level. Your driving skill. Hit a lot of walls and brake real early into turns consistently and the AI will respond by driving less aggressively.

actually its funny, it seems like the more aggressive i am, the more the AI backs off; and the more i stick to the lines, the more skilled it gets. so it helps to treat R2/1 races like the BTCC lol