PDA

View Full Version : The Little Prius That Could

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Does anyone else love the Prius on this game? I just bought one for the first time to do the hybrid races, and with one little oil cooling upgrade (to keep it at 200 to stay in the F-class) it dominated the field. With battery/motor upgrades and other little items, it completely wiped the track with the E-class cars. I mean not even close. Next I'm priming one for the D-class to see what it can do, and I expect good results. It seems like this thing will do really well anywhere that a FWD car can be competitive.

Anyone else?

MxPx
10-20-2011, 03:00 AM
I used it once, in a 1v1 against my buddy...both stock...raped him of course, but that car is atrocious.

I feel like the car is actually faster in real life. Those things can damn near pace my modded k20 in real life, yet in the game they can't shake a stick at the stock k20s. In the game, I couldn't get the car going fast enough to lose control. The DeLorean is faster...lol

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 03:04 AM
The only F-class car I had last time I played was the Ford Ka, which I'm about as uninterested in it as I could possibly be, so I was looking at the available F-class cars and I was surprised to see that out of the top 5 cars, 4 of them are hybrids.

I'm definitely going to be buying the Chevy Volt because I quite like the real one, got a chance to see it running on a dyno this summer and I was quite impressed.

I'm planning on buying all the hybrid/electric cars in the game, especially those in the F-class events just to see what they're like, and because honestly I find the normal F-class cars totally uninspiring. At least the hybrids are something new and fresh as far as Forza is concerned.

MxPx
10-20-2011, 03:06 AM
Wasn't the Tesla Roadster supposed to be in this game? Is it future DLC? Or is it in the game and I just haven't seen it?

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Wasn't the Tesla Roadster supposed to be in this game? Is it future DLC? Or is it in the game and I just haven't seen it?

It's in the Launch Bonus DLC pack.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I just tried it out in the D-class, and yet again it raped everything. It was a multi-class event, and I even managed to keep the A-class cars from lapping me!

EDIT: I was just able to do 181 MPH on the straight of the Mulsanne Circuit with mine fully decked out at A-594, no tuning whatsoever. I have a feeling there is potential for a few more MPH there if I made fewer errors and actually tweaked the settings a little. That thing is a handful at that speed under 2600 lbs., though (no wing for downforce during a top speed run obviously).

MxPx
10-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Can you do any engine swaps on the prius? like throw a 2JZ in...lol that'd be awesome.

erod550
10-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Yea you can win with pretty much any car at that level. The AI doesn't try real hard in the slow cars. I was driving a Volt because I was considering using Chevy as my main affinity because I like Vettes and was beating everyone pretty easily in that.

I'm glad the "Drive 1,000 miles in a Hybrid" is just a badge and not an achievement. Holy hell that would be painful.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Can you do any engine swaps on the prius? like throw a 2JZ in...lol that'd be awesome.
Unfortunately, no. There isn't even an option to convert to RWD or AWD like most other cars. Only the options to turbocharge or supercharge.

Mavrick151
10-20-2011, 06:01 AM
hahaha! looks like we need a game update!

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
hahaha! looks like we need a game update!
For... what exactly?

FeaRs
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM
I didn't really use it that much, well haven't atleast. I for one use the 99 Honda Civic for many of my lower class races, bringing along some top 15 leaderboard times too. Very good car if your looking for something to win a few races with.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
To any of the doubters, give it a try. Seriously. You'd be surprised how competitive it is. In particular when you're in the D-class with the battery packs upgraded, displacement as high as it will go, and a twin-screw supercharger... that instant torque coming out of every turn is REALLY useful.

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
So, since normal cars can have simulation fuel usage, do the electrics or hybrids have charge meters?

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 03:53 PM
So, since normal cars can have simulation fuel usage, do the electrics or hybrids have charge meters?
Good question, I don't know. I haven't played with the settings as such. I guess I will have to find out when I get home from work.

rekikire
10-20-2011, 10:16 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the Prius when I raced it around the italian street circuit. It was freaky though with it being so quiet. So used to the 1970 Boss 429 that I've been driving around.

Tatanko
10-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the Prius when I raced it around the italian street circuit. It was freaky though with it being so quiet. So used to the 1970 Boss 429 that I've been driving around.
Personally, I think it sounds kind of like a can opener :p

http://www.prius3.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Winter-Gray-Metallic-Prius.jpg

=

http://www.hearmore.com/prodimages/47920.jpg

MxPx
10-21-2011, 04:48 AM
According to some advertisement I just saw, there's apparently 4-different sized Prius' that exist. Ones got a longer wheelbase, another is like a coupe, etc. Who would have thought? Would be interesting to see all the versions in the game.

SuperSkyline89
10-21-2011, 05:06 AM
According to some advertisement I just saw, there's apparently 4-different sized Prius' that exist. Ones got a longer wheelbase, another is like a coupe, etc. Who would have thought? Would be interesting to see all the versions in the game.

Ya, Toyota just recently turned the Prius into a whole sub-brand as opposed to a single car.

There's the normal Prius, the Plug-in Prius, the Prius V (kinda like a Mazda MPV), and a Prius coupe.

Tatanko
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
There's the normal Prius, the Plug-in Prius, the Prius V (kinda like a Mazda MPV), and a Prius coupe.
The supposed coupe looks like a pile of crap, though. The concept looked cool, but the final version that they're testing is blahhh.

Side note: the Prius is still hugely competitive in the A-class :eek:

Mesqualin
10-21-2011, 10:22 AM
I used the Lexus CT 200h for all the F-Class Races (and the hybrid one). It was the bomb and no car at that class could mess with it ;)

Tatanko
10-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I used the Lexus CT 200h for all the F-Class Races (and the hybrid one). It was the bomb and no car at that class could mess with it ;)
It seems like the CT200h is essentially the Prius but slightly better in the handling department, with the trade-off being sheer speed. I'll have to upgrade one of those too and see which is better for a real course.