PDA

View Full Version : Warning do not bid on unicorn cars!

IRELAND NO 1
10-20-2011, 08:26 AM
This is just a heads up for anybody going to bid on a Unicorn car do not!
We all know that Turn 10 are the only people who can sell the cars legit ATM, they are not up often when they are they are bought by hackers for 999,999,999.

Yes it's probably Turn 10's way to catch all the modders or hacked accounts having so much cash that's fair ok. The big problem is when you bid on a car when the car is bought, then the auction goes under review & your credits are frozen. I don't think any have been bought legit if so please tell us how!

A few nights ago it was late I was going to bed checked the Unicorn section seen a few cars, they were just put up no massive bids great! I bid about 5 million on a Ferrari go to bed, next morning i check the highest bid was of course 999,999,999 the auction under review my 5 million credits frozen.

I waited for 2 days it still says 1 minute remaining on auction under review!
They have the highest bidder i have his tag its there as the highest bid. Please Turn 10 just BAN him and all the other crazy bids, then give all the legit bids back the credits.

Yes I may have been a bit stupid to bid legit on a unicorn car thinking i would get it for 5 million, but not lose most of my credits there were 127 bids total so all the bids credits are still frozen. How many of us are legit players i don't know, but Turn 10 should at least let us know by message will we ever get our credits back. I have sent several messages no reply am i surprised not really.

My advice DO NOT BID on a unicorn car if you want to keep your credits, maybe in a few weeks when all these guys are banned! My question will they ever be caught, will we ever be able to buy a unicorn car?

Mohegan13
10-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Were we ever able to in FM3? Same thing happened. At least for the first full YEAR the prices never came down. By that time most gamers, like me, had moved on to other games so we would have been on a huge credit deficit by then anyway.

I really don't know if the prices came back down after that as I never saw any again.

Chances are, once again, Turn10 have screwed legitimate players from these cars by having them as unicorns. Unicorns were a nice idea, but in practice they have never worked. Turn10 are just too damn stubborn to realise it was a mistake.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2011, 09:20 AM
why hack. what do you get out of it seriously. if you have 1billion credits whats the point ini playing

Renouf100
10-20-2011, 09:36 AM
why hack. what do you get out of it seriously. if you have 1billion credits whats the point ini playing

Thats the way i see it hack it, have all the money you need to buy any car... where the challege, :confused:

i'm pee'd at the 100% off parts from your car level ... why do we need money if everythings going to be free ?

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2011, 09:41 AM
i kinda like that. gives us more money to buy cars coz they cost loads and there is loads! but i reckon it should be a 100percent of at like level 15-20 rather than 4!

IRELAND NO 1
10-20-2011, 09:59 AM
i kinda like that. gives us more money to buy cars coz they cost loads and there is loads! but i reckon it should be a 100percent of at like level 15-20 rather than 4!

Yeah i agree lol there are lots of cars i want to buy, now with 5 million missing thats a few nice cars i can't get. If & when unicorn cars can be bought legit lets say 10 million, i get lucky buy it i can never resell the car i am stuck with it i may only use it in a few races.

You should be able to at least resell for the original price back to Turn 10 or even Half price, they put it up for auction again, so there are always a certain amount of unicorn cars going around constantly. I may just give up on this Unicorn idea, i feel like Turn 10 have just mugged 5 million from me!

Obsidian Age
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I never even thought the Unicorns might be a secret way to catch out the hackers!
I get annoyed by hackers in almost every game I have, so I'm all for catching them out!
...It would be nice if some of us legit players could get the Unicorns though -.-

Mohegan13
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Thats the way i see it hack it, have all the money you need to buy any car... where the challege, :confused:

i'm pee'd at the 100% off parts from your car level ... why do we need money if everythings going to be free ?

To save up for the 1 billion credit unicorns of course. ;)

The unicorns were never intended as a way to catch cheats and hackers. It just became that way in FM3. In FM2 people cheated, but the system was different and they didn't ban you. So almost everyone cheated to get one.

FeaRs
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you can actually have one of these unicorn cars transferred over from your FM3 saved game cant you? I have a friend who already has the unicorn achievement and is only a level 3. I wouldn't see any other way for him to get it haha.

Mohegan13
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
There 5 you can get if you have them in your FM3 garage and one for the pre-order incentive.

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah i agree lol there are lots of cars i want to buy, now with 5 million missing thats a few nice cars i can't get. If & when unicorn cars can be bought legit lets say 10 million, i get lucky buy it i can never resell the car i am stuck with it i may only use it in a few races.

You should be able to at least resell for the original price back to Turn 10 or even Half price, they put it up for auction again, so there are always a certain amount of unicorn cars going around constantly. I may just give up on this Unicorn idea, i feel like Turn 10 have just mugged 5 million from me!

You'll get them all back. Turn 10 will look at every bid to see which ones are obviously cheaters and which ones just saved up. Once the cheaters are banned the legit credits are unfrozen along with the auction, and only the legit bids are counted.

mark197205
10-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I never even thought the Unicorns might be a secret way to catch out the hackers!
I get annoyed by hackers in almost every game I have, so I'm all for catching them out!
...It would be nice if some of us legit players could get the Unicorns though -.-

Anyone can get them, Turn 10 hold regular competitions for them that any Forza player can enter, they give them away on facebook or twitter, and you can get them by racing a member of the Turn 10 team online. You dont just have to buy them through the auction house.

Royal Taco
10-20-2011, 08:47 PM
if you have the FM3 VIP pass, or go and buy it now on the marketplace and then back up your save on FM4 and import the fm3 vip save you will get the cheev. easy as pie.

Aki2403
10-20-2011, 09:18 PM
if you have the FM3 VIP pass, or go and buy it now on the marketplace and then back up your save on FM4 and import the fm3 vip save you will get the cheev. easy as pie.

This is how I've managed to get 2 unicorn cars, I've got the RX7 from the pre-order incentive and an Impreza from goodness knows where.

I managed to get all but the Chevrolet SS in my Forza 3 save to import, I even guessed correctly at the Delorean being the "secret" import car.

I had a look through the unicorn auctions on the 13th (my copy arrived early) and couldn't believe that they were already going for silly monies. It's annoying really.

IRELAND NO 1
10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Just an update still didn't get my 5 million back, auction still under review 1 minute left. Surely by now Turn 10 have checked out all the bids on unicorn cars, they have only been up a handful of times GET YOUR FINGER OUT TURN 10.

SE7ENDEVILS
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
This sucks, its bad enough you cant get the cars but thats another achievement i wont be able to get through no fault of my own!

mark197205
10-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Just an update still didn't get my 5 million back, auction still under review 1 minute left. Surely by now Turn 10 have checked out all the bids on unicorn cars, they have only been up a handful of times GET YOUR FINGER OUT TURN 10.

Its been 24 hours, give them a fucking break, its not like looking into unicorn bidding is all they have to do with their time. You have to look at this as being in the same vein as when MS investigate someone for hacking/modding their gamerscore, they have to check everything thoroughly, that takes time.

mark197205
10-21-2011, 11:54 AM
This sucks, its bad enough you cant get the cars but thats another achievement i wont be able to get through no fault of my own!

Yeah, its not like winning an auction is the only way to get a unicorn. Oh wait..

SuperSkyline89
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM

You know, the one auction that you happen to take part in isn't the only thing they have to worry about. They have to fix glitches in the game, gift people their unicorn cars, work on the DLC, try to keep the servers from crashing again, deal with all the cheaters, and God knows what else.

Calm down and you'll get your pretend money back eventually, it's not like you're missing 5 million in real life.

AA x driv3r
10-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Lucky for me, I got this one since I had the Unicorns from the VIP car pack(Ferrari F430 Scuderia and Lamborghini Gallardo) so, I haven't even bothered to look at the auction house yet.

IRELAND NO 1
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Its been 24 hours, give them a fucking break, its not like looking into unicorn bidding is all they have to do with their time. You have to look at this as being in the same vein as when MS investigate someone for hacking/modding their gamerscore, they have to check everything thoroughly, that takes time.

Lol it has been just 5 days now not 24 hours, i am not that pissed off tbh I was only updating on the original post, i know it will take time i just think that my bid was obviously legit so it would have cleared.

Turn 10 have lots to do with the game I know, but don't you think they would have learned a few lessons from the previous games. I love the game its the best driving game i have played, it won't put me off playing it.

I have not heard 1 single positive comment about unicorn cars its an epic fail IMO. Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that almost every game that is released now, needs a patch or update to fix glitches exploits hackers etc! So why Turn 10 even put an achievement in the game that can/will be abused baffles me.

Didn't mean to come across bitching about this, sorry if it came across like that I was just updating on the original post about avoid bidding on the unicorns.

MxPx
10-21-2011, 05:40 PM

That would be pointless. By the time you'd get to level 15, you've already moved on multiple times to different cars/brands.

I could see it being maybe level 6 or 7.

SuperSkyline89
10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I have not heard 1 single positive comment about unicorn cars its an epic fail IMO. Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that almost every game that is released now, needs a patch or update to fix glitches exploits hackers etc! So why Turn 10 even put an achievement in the game that can/will be abused baffles me.

Totally agree. I absolutely hate unicorns, only cheaters every get their hands on them aside from the ones that Turn 10 gifts people.

And the addition of that achievement just adds a sour taste to what is otherwise the best console racing game there is.

Graivul
10-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah it is ridiculous the way they can glitch the system and place bids of 999,999,999. So basically until Turn 10 do something to prevent it the Unicorn bidding system for the Unicorn cars is in effect broken.

Had a bad feeling about the Unicorn achievement when the list was first released...guess I was right!

John A
01-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Ireland no 1 have u got your credits bk yet? how long did it take?

Mohegan13
01-26-2012, 10:04 AM
It's highly unlikely he got them back. When an auction is flagged for review it puts a hold on credits. If the auction was fine and reported inaccurately then it will be released and all credits can be returned by ending the auction.

However when an auction is found to be in breach (as they all will be) they are simply remove from the system thus never giving innocent bidders the option to receive their credits.

John A
01-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Thats outrageous

xI VARSITY
01-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I got this the easy way, and you know what, I dont blame people for hacking this, TURN10 should make the unicorn cars 'giftable' this would kill off the hacking immidiately. on top of that. the game is utter dogshit and the fan page is run by retards and Turn10 are a disgrace! you are all mugs for holding out for this achievement YOU WILL NEVER GET IT LEGIT as described!, the cars are all shit anyway! I've gone through this game with the same 2 cars (22B & MKII Golf gti) . and set-ups as forza 3 (Highly Ranked) and forza 2! utter Garbage! the dlc is shit too!

TURN 10 have made a retard friendly game a success in the eyes of the retards! Hate all you want, I am right!

SuperSkyline89
01-27-2012, 06:18 PM
They're practically handing out unicorns like Halloween candy now, anyone can get a unicorn easily.

Mohegan13
01-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Winning them is easy. Actually getting them, not so much.

I'm still waiting for two unicorns from December.

Skynet Drone
01-28-2012, 06:31 PM
The unicorn car achievement is ridiculous anyway. It has nothing to do with ability in the game (which I thought was the point).

SuperSkyline89
01-28-2012, 07:19 PM
The unicorn car achievement is ridiculous anyway. It has nothing to do with ability in the game (which I thought was the point).

I agree that the unicorn achievement is stupid but the vast majority of achievements have nothing to do with real skill. Out of the 1000-ish achievements I have only a couple dozen had anything to do with skill.

DefEdge
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree that the unicorn achievement is stupid but the vast majority of achievements have nothing to do with real skill. Out of the 1000-ish achievements I have only a couple dozen had anything to do with skill.

Yeah, like having the ability and willingness to buy a Kinect for an achievement.

Yeah yeah, I could get one for the whole 'bookshelf' of games it has right now, but I don't want it. As it stands I will have to borrow one.

SuperSkyline89
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, like having the ability and willingness to buy a Kinect for an achievement.

Yeah yeah, I could get one for the whole 'bookshelf' of games it has right now, but I don't want it. As it stands I will have to borrow one.

That's the one achievement I'll never get for this game. I don't know anyone that has a Kinect and I'm never going to buy one. Not only do I have no interest in jumping around in front of my TV like an idiot but I don't like they're tactics of pushing Kinect achievements on us like this.

John A
01-29-2012, 12:14 PM
How can i get some of this candy then if its that easy

Mohegan13
01-29-2012, 01:38 PM

Same ways as the past three games, take part in the official community events run by Turn10. No skill required since all competitions have random 100 winners.

If you were a VIP you'd have been gifted a unicorn last week too.

Unfortunately the easiest unicorn opportunity has passed. That was the Big Shot Ferrari competition, every single person who entered got a Ferrari CS unicorn.

It pays to hang out on the official forums and read up about the community events.

SuperSkyline89
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Enter the King of the Track competition, all you have to do is beat a celebrity's lap time. It's easy as hell.

John A
01-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Is this garaunteed 2 get me a unicorn? as i have seen posts that people r still waiting from december. ( winning king of the hill)

SuperSkyline89
01-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Is this garaunteed 2 get me a unicorn? as i have seen posts that people r still waiting from december. ( winning king of the hill)

January is the first month of King of the Track, all you have to do is beat 1:13.98. Everything that sets a time gets a Pagani Huayra (assuming they have the DLC) and anyone that beats that time gets a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale unicorn. You have until Tuesday to beat that time and get the cars. Otherwise there's another King of the Track event for February with a new celebrity and a different unicorn.

As for being guaranteed to get the cars. All I know is I've gotten 3 unicorns from Turn 10 along with 5 or 6 other gift cars. Ya, some people haven't gotten them but I don't know why that is.

John A
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Do u need the feb dlc to win the unicorn? or just 4 the R18

SuperSkyline89
02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Do u need the feb dlc to win the unicorn? or just 4 the R18

Only the R18.

No unicorns are associated with DLC, you'll never have to buy DLC to get one.

gray
02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I would rather win a unicorn based on skill then hack a very very good game. If you are prepared to 'hack' just so than you can get a unicorn car then you must be sad. After all there are easier ways to win a unicorn car.

DefEdge
02-04-2012, 02:00 AM
You have to remember that there is always someone out there who wants the easy way out because they impress people with the number of something rather than the proof that they did it.

This isn't helped when the programming is faulty and allows them to do this. Rumor though says that you can hack your gamesave now to get anything you want, but I think this problem was around since the first days this game came out. I remember the second day I was playing I looked on the auction house and caught 20 unicorns on sale. One guy had max money on 4 of them. 4 credits shy of 4 billion. This irked me, but I remember that Forza 2 and Forza 3 also had these glitches. Which irked me even more.

Good that they now have these events to make up for the shortage of ability to buy unicorns the way they intended. Although, I do believe they were going to do this anyway, they have been slacking off on a few of the methods. Last I saw, they still haven't made a new weekly photo comp on Facebook, and have yet to post the random 100 and honorable mentions. The last post for this was Jan 9.