PDA

View Full Version : standard + elite vs hardened

Josh Brown
10-20-2011, 02:11 PM
couldnt find this information anywhere else so made this thread. so ive been looking recently at the standard and hardened editions and obviously seen that the hardened comes with "founder status" which bags you exclusive camo's etc, which im a sucka for. but i also know you can buy the elite membership's seperately, so if i was to buy standard edition + elite would i get everything in the hardened edition minus the steel case and art book? or would i miss out on the avater outfit and founder status etc?

just i dont like to preorder games online as you cant garuntee getting them on release day, i prefer midnight releases and the last few years supermarkets have done amazing offers on cod, but the hardened exclusives could sway me this time.. thanks guys

x JEREMY18 x
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
You also get founder status when you preorder CoD Elite. The only difference I can tell in Regular + Elite and Hardened is you get the Avatar and Hard Case for Hardened no big deal. I'm just getting the regular no Hardened no Elite. $59.99 is enough for a game I don't feel like paying $40 or $50 more.

Blade687
10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm getting the regular version and later on if I think the game is worth it I will get elite.

ZingZitang
10-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Your a "Sucka" huh? I don't even know what that means. . .

On topic. If you don't get the Hardened Edition, you wont get the Stuff that comes Exclusively with the Hardened Edition. Simple.

That and If you buy them Separately it'll cost an Extra $10 Dollars. $60 for the Game, and $50 for 1 Year of Elite. Whereas the Hardened is $100.

Frozenghost001
10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
if you plan on buying DLC for the game, i would go with the Hardened edition because for $40 extra, you get ALL DLC free (and early!) as well as other Elite benefits. On top of that, you get an exclusive in-game weapon camo, avatar gear, and double XP boosts.

Insomniacs
10-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Well lets see. Activision said there putting out a new DLC for each month and assuming there still going to charge $15 a DLC. 3 months is $45 dollars and they already have 9 months of DLC planned. Yeah, I think paying $40 dollars for $135 of DLC is worth it. But again, it's your money so do what you want.

fastNcurious
10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Well lets see. Activision said there putting out a new DLC for each month and assuming there still going to charge $15 a DLC. 3 months is $45 dollars and they already have 9 months of DLC planned. Yeah, I think paying $40 dollars for $135 of DLC is worth it. But again, it's your money so do what you want.

Lol. That's not how it'll work.

For Elite subscribers, you will receive new DLC each month. Period.

For non-Elite members, you can buy a DLC pack which will include the DLCs released earlier to Elite members. There will be 4 such DLC packs and they will be spaced out during the 9 month period after MW3 releases. They will cost $15 each, for a total of 4 x $15 = $60, if you choose to buy all 4.

Basically, if you subscribe to Elite, you are getting the DLCs earlier, on a monthly basis. If you do not subscribe, you can still get the DLCs, but at a later date and not necessarily on a monthly basis.

In terms of cost, buying the 4 DLCs will cost $60. A standalone subscription to Elite will cost $50, which saves you $10. Buying Hardended will make the cost of the DLCs $40 ($99.99 cost of Hardended - $59.99 standard edition = $40), which saves you $20 (less than $20 if you paid taxes for your game).

(If you're cheap like me, you would've been stockpiling MS points when they go on sale. Buying 4000 points at approximately $31, making the 4 DLC pack cost only $37 or so.)

DA Donginator
10-21-2011, 11:14 AM
couldnt find this information anywhere else so made this thread. so ive been looking recently at the standard and hardened editions and obviously seen that the hardened comes with "founder status" which bags you exclusive camo's etc, which im a sucka for. but i also know you can buy the elite membership's seperately, so if i was to buy standard edition + elite would i get everything in the hardened edition minus the steel case and art book? or would i miss out on the avater outfit and founder status etc?

just i dont like to preorder games online as you cant garuntee getting them on release day, i prefer midnight releases and the last few years supermarkets have done amazing offers on cod, but the hardened exclusives could sway me this time.. thanks guys

same situation as you. I don't want to risk late delivery. Costco.com has the hardened edition available, but it says 7-10 days delivery.

I am going to checkout the local Target where I got MW2 hardened edition, if they don't have it, I will buy standard at my local costco for $55, they always sell all games cheaper, and the return policy is the best and order COD elite separate that comes with founder status, so for me with the $5 discount at Costco, I am only paying $5 extra and won't get a artbook, steelcase, & one avatar skin

Red Cooley
10-21-2011, 01:35 PM
What exactly is the Founder Status? Is it just unlocks or does show up against your name in MP?