PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a demo?

xTenebrous
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
I feel they have nothing to lose with releasing a demo for this, I felt like the version I got to play was a demo anyway so there could be a chance of seeing something similar to that pop up on the marketplace a few weeks prior to launch, it would be nice to get back on it a little sooner than release, been having some serious SR3 withdrawal aha

So what do you guys think? Think they'll go ahead with a demo?

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
before the release they will be giving a free download of the character creation tool so you can great characters before the game comes out.

Other then that pretty sure there is no demo planned.

xTenebrous
10-21-2011, 12:14 AM
before the release they will be giving a free download of the character creation tool so you can great characters before the game comes out.

Other then that pretty sure there is no demo planned.

Initiation station, I don't really care for that, I want to play the game not piss about with character creation, I'll worry about that when I have the game in my xbox.

A stab in the dark is not quite the answer to what I had asked, evidence to back up a statement like that is always nice, facts, opinions and discussion only please, I don't care for wild guesses with absolutely nothing to go on other than "I'm pretty sure..."

Axel Desade
10-21-2011, 01:35 AM
There's no need to be an asshole about it. I'd point you to the official site's FAQ that said they have no plans for any other demo, but the forum is being updated.

xTenebrous
10-21-2011, 02:29 AM
There's no need to be an asshole about it. I'd point you to the official site's FAQ that said they have no plans for any other demo, but the forum is being updated.

This response is more like it, I am aware the forum is down at the moment but I will take your word for it.

CuddlyREDRUM
10-21-2011, 06:32 AM
Initiation station, I don't really care for that, I want to play the game not piss about with character creation, I'll worry about that when I have the game in my xbox.

A stab in the dark is not quite the answer to what I had asked, evidence to back up a statement like that is always nice, facts, opinions and discussion only please, I don't care for wild guesses with absolutely nothing to go on other than "I'm pretty sure..."

How itchy is your vagina? Pretty asshole statement.

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM

firstly they are right you are an asshole.

secondly you want me to PROVE that there is NO DEMO how the hell am I suppose to prove something doesn't exist are you a idiot?

IF there was a demo coming out I would post a link to it but SINCE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED ONE at the moment we DON'T KNOW.

So the tl;dr to my statement is
go fuck yourself.
and go google it your self asshole.

xTenebrous
10-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe next time you can post evidence, or at least try too, you wouldn't believe someone that said there is an activity involving a tiger without proof so why should I listen to what reads to be a total guess? Quit being such a baby and learn to read properly, not once did I incline that a demo was actually on its way, I just asked for opinions on the subject, now grow up, I am an arsehole, well done.

II REVS II
10-22-2011, 06:48 AM
chances are super slim of them releasing a demo. since the game is free roam & if they were to restrict you from going anywhere or making it so you have to do a mission they wouldent be doing the game any justice.
(with the only acception of them putting you one of the islands & making the demo only last about 30minutes long [something like either of the crackdown demos])
there is simply too much content to put into a demo.

xTenebrous
10-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Arguements like that I won't buy, Crackdown and Saints Row 1 both had demos, they just cut the map and stuck you in a small section of it, the demo I played of Saints 3 was sectioned as well so you couldn't explore too much.

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Maybe next time you can post evidence, or at least try too, you wouldn't believe someone that said there is an activity involving a tiger without proof so why should I listen to what reads to be a total guess? Quit being such a baby and learn to read properly, not once did I incline that a demo was actually on its way, I just asked for opinions on the subject, now grow up, I am an arsehole, well done.
your also an idiot, tell me again how you expect me to prove something doesn't exist.

xTenebrous
10-23-2011, 10:04 AM
your also an idiot, tell me again how you expect me to prove something doesn't exist.

If there are no plans to do a demo and it is community knowledge then a quote from a dev stating so, moron.

XxIPUNISH3RIxX
10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
could be a demo im not sure November 1st seen it on the ad of best buy Bottom left corner

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x334/xFALLEN808x/Dwm2011-10-2407-20-45-07.jpg

Easter Bunny 00
10-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Good find. So Nov. 1st is Initiation Station, and im assuming that thats for the public Live. The people who bought the SR Double pack, or pre-ordered Red Faction will get it a week earlier (Volition guaranteed 1 week early access).

It looks as though that as of now, there wont be a physical free roam / mission demo, or at least for a while.

Good find though!

Axel Desade
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Yay! A date for the IS! That's some exciting stuff right there.