PDA

View Full Version : LucasArts Announces LEGO Indiana Jones in the Works

Weapon 117
07-28-2007, 03:33 AM
LucasArts took advantage of this week's Comic-Con gathering in San Diego to announce that it is working on LEGO Indiana Jones: The Videogame with developer Traveller's Tales. The game is expected to come out in summer 2008, which will follow the January release of LEGO Indiana Jones playsets—and is separate from the Indiana Jones game that LucasArts has also been working on.

Here's the full press release that was issued this afternoon regarding the game:

If Family Adventure Has a Name, It Must Be LEGO® Indiana Jones: The Videogame

LucasArts and TT Games Don Their Fedoras for the Next Great LEGO Gaming Experience

SAN DIEGO, Calif. – July 27, 2007 – LucasArts and TT Games today announced that LEGO® Indiana Jones®: The Videogame [working title] will whip onto game consoles everywhere in summer 2008. Developed by the same team at Traveller’s Tales that created the LEGO Star Wars™ series, LEGO Indiana Jones presents a tongue-in-cheek take on the first three cinematic adventures of pop culture’s most iconic archaeologist, including Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

“LucasArts and TT Games are setting the bar for next-generation family entertainment with the LEGO Star Wars franchise, and our incredible relationship continues with LEGO Indiana Jones,” said Jim Ward, president of LucasArts. “In addition to providing the quality bonding time inspired by any good family game, LEGO Indiana Jones delivers something a little different for everyone. Parents will enjoy the humorous take on some of their favorite movies, and their kids get some rousing action/adventure gameplay that may also introduce them to Indy’s original adventures for the first time.”

“It has been a real joy to work with LucasArts on the LEGO Star Wars games. Indiana Jones is the perfect character for the next LEGO-based videogame adventure,” said Tom Stone, director at TT Games. “Indy also presents us with wonderful and memorable cinematic moments. The boulder scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark in LEGO is hilarious!”

Lucasfilm Ltd. recently announced that the LEGO Group will begin releasing LEGO Indiana Jones playsets in January 2008. Meanwhile, LucasArts remains hard at work on its revolutionary, internally developed Indiana Jones videogame, which takes place a year after The Last Crusade in an original story overseen by George Lucas.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14103/LucasArts-Announces-LEGO-Indiana-Jones-in-the-Works/

graf1k
07-28-2007, 05:33 AM
For fuck's sake, this is getting to be a bit much. I mean, it's one thing if there are Lego games and that's it, but there's an Indiana Jones game already in the works, and same with practically everything else they make a freaking Lego game of. It was cute the first couple times with the Star Wars games, but I mean 2 Lego Star Wars games, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones?! What's next, fucking Lego 300?!

sawman90
07-28-2007, 05:48 AM
For fuck's sake, this is getting to be a bit much. I mean, it's one thing if there are Lego games and that's it, but there's an Indiana Jones game already in the works, and same with practically everything else they make a freaking Lego game of. It was cute the first couple times with the Star Wars games, but I mean 2 Lego Star Wars games, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones?! What's next, fucking Lego 300?!

Yeah, its stupid and I don't like the idea too.. but it is a kids game so don't freak out.

Zef
07-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I could go and hassle the developers and get some juicy exclusives =o

I think that things are going to get a bit out of hand with lego games, Lego Star Wars was fun but it doesn't seem like a worthwhile franchise. An easy gamerscore boost perhaps, but what more would you want to do with future lego games? Lego 300 would be briliant.

SPARTAAAAANS!

Dashman232
07-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Didn`t they say their comming out with a batman lego series too??:uzi:

Apocobring
07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Lego 300 would be briliant.

SPARTAAAAANS!

TONIGHT, WE DINE IN THE PLASTIC BIN THAT WE CAME IN!

MADNESS? THIS, IS, LEGO!

I'd buy it. But really, it seems a little over kill to me to make all of these lego games. But apparently people are eating this stuff up. If you don't agree with it, don't buy or rent it. If someone will buy it, a company will produce it...no exceptions.

Adam Miller
07-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Bring on Lego 300 :) the star wars ones are good and fun but Bionicle Heroes was boring to get 100% but i suppose id rather have it than not it doesn't mean i have to buy it. If its like star wars it could be good.

poulpy72
07-28-2007, 07:46 PM
I will definitely give it a try....The LEGO Star Wars game were good and funny! I admit they're more kid oriented, but still..

My 2 boys are still playing LEGO Star Wars 1 on my old PS2 each and every day!

Gotta love it...let's now wait for Indy!

L3XXY
07-29-2007, 08:49 AM
you can check out the trailer here (http://www.nextgg.com/index-legoIJ.html)

poulpy72
07-29-2007, 04:58 PM
you can check out the trailer here (http://www.nextgg.com/index-legoIJ.html)

Moua-hahahahaha!!!...That game's gonna be funny!!!

thx for the link L3XXY!!

x McGrim x
07-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Lego Gears of War, mb? I'm actually looking forward to this. These were my favourite movies when I was a kid.

Anti HERO 574
07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
i dont really like the lego series

its a bit to slow for me..

crusaderV1
07-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Ive got five bucks that thye come out with Lego Star Trek. That or Lego Oceans 11! Or better yet, Lego Vietnam War!
Cmon Lego Oceans 11!

Pieface
07-30-2007, 10:27 PM
I am definitely getting this game just by the trailer and playing Lego Star Wars, one of the greatest games ever.

Vista
07-30-2007, 11:17 PM
would rather pull my foreskin off with a potato peeler than buy and play that stupid game...

Any lego game would be stupid and are stupid except Lego 300

Defcizion
07-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow, can all you haters shut the fuck up? Have you even played the Lego Star Wars series? It was fun. I will not buy this, but I would consider it a rental.

Vista
07-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Wow, can all you haters shut the fuck up? Have you even played the Lego Star Wars series? It was fun. I will not buy this, but I would consider it a rental.

Dude Lego star wars I and II was good for like my 10 year old cousin, and he even got bored and frustrated.

Anyway the Regular Indiana Jones is coming out so why the hell would they make a Lego Indiana Jones??? :confused::confused:

Comon ST
07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Dude Lego star wars I and II was good for like my 10 year old cousin, and he even got bored and frustrated.

Anyway the Regular Indiana Jones is coming out so why the hell would they make a Lego Indiana Jones??? :confused::confused:

Cause the duck is fucking awsome? (Refering to Trailer)

Hell, I'd buy it, along with any other Lego Movie game. Those really stupid Bionicle games just blow.

teh x3nomorph
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
I love Indy, so Ill be getting this for sure.

o0EVIL0o x360a
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
C'mon guys, it'll have 1000 points for you to obtain so stop complaining. Now if they make it impossible to get the achievements then that's a different story. ;)

Daggermn
08-02-2007, 09:53 PM
I agree that these games are slow and not pushing the 360 to the limits of what the machine can do, but you have to understand that these games are ment for kids to play. I personally like them. I think they are fun and relaxing. It gives me a break from all shooting games out there. As a plus, they put achievements in Lego SW II that were difficult to get even for us experienced gamers.

I dont think I will buy this game new. I might rent it from gamefly and then I might pick it up used later down the road for $15.00.

GEEN0
08-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Damn I think a nerve was touched with this info!
Did you ever play this game with the audience it was intended for? coz they love it! And I thoroughly enjoyed playing this with my 9 yr old girl and 4 yr old boy, many hours spent collecting and collecting and collecting....
It is relaxing and fun if your not too uptight about achievements, (although some GPs were truly earned with sweat-Undefeated Death Star II anyone?)
So I for one (and my kids of course) cant wait till next summer for this Lego/Indy combo.

Jabi1
08-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I've played Lego Star Wars II, and it was quite enjoyable game, challenging, also, when you try to finish the levels without dying. I can just imagine the scene where Indiana chases that nazi tank in the desert on one of those clumsy lego horses :D

crusaderV1
08-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I've played Lego Star Wars II, and it was quite enjoyable game, challenging, also, when you try to finish the levels without dying. I can just imagine the scene where Indiana chases that nazi tank in the desert on one of those clumsy lego horses :D

Greatest cut scene EVER!

oneshotbilly
09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
lmao - i can't wait to play as a lego Nazi :woop:

Graham31004
09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I really enjoy the Lego games. Looking forward to this.

russell1190
09-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I loved Lego star wars and Im sure this game will be as good

Andrew x360a
10-19-2007, 05:48 AM
I enjoyed the Lego Star Wars games and I'm looking forward to the Lego Indy. If you're uptight and only want cutting edge games, then go back to Halo, Bioshock, and Gears. The Lego games are great for relaxing and collecting and the Star Wars ones were actually better than some of the movies (Episodes I, II, and III).

Figgunts Mark 2
10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones.

But after that, I think that's it. I'll pick up LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga and Indiana Jones, but I doubt I'll stick around for LEGO Batman unless it gets ridiculously good reviews.

BackerMan
10-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Lego 300 would be awesome. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

I like lego games and I'm looking forward to Lego Indiana Jones game.

Royle
10-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Indiana Jones games were OK but if they get LEGOfied that would be awsome!

DrH3rbz
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Pft, this is just lazy :P

Why can't they go all out and make a proper indy game

Darth Grif55
01-11-2008, 02:56 AM
They are.

So has there been anymore news on this?

TheGoalslammer
01-15-2008, 06:05 PM
LEGO 300 wouldn't be that great because we all have to admit that converting to LEGO's would detract from the graphic novel visual that made 300 so excellent. Although I would be curious to see how they converted some of the Persian's into LEGO characters.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about any other LEGO games because nothing has as distinct a world as Star Wars that works so well with LEGO's.

Lord Chabelo
01-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I will definitely play this game, but will probably wait until it goes down in price

soccerplaya13cj
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Lego Rambo FTW

ToyzNTheHood
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
They should do a lego godfather, Sticking a lego horse's head in someones bed will be funny.

TheGoalslammer
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
They should do a lego godfather, Sticking a lego horse's head in someones bed will be funny.

Here Here!

benbam87
01-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey come on guys these games are a great mix up, they give you a break from killing things or racing around in a circle. Every now and again these games are great to pick up and play once in a while

TheGoalslammer
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh I totally agree. The concept was ingenious (someone's probably sitting on a beach in Belize sipping pina colada's and thinking "ahhhhh....legos"). It's also great having a game that appeals to all ages, not just kids or adults. But it's also amusing to take our favorite movies of all types and convert them into legos, gruesome and all. Shoot, how will they address the heart-snatching priest in Indiana Jones Temple of Doom?

bdg7884
01-16-2008, 02:34 AM
In one of my new gaming magazines they had stuff on Lego Indy and Lego Batman. All I can say is i'm way excited for these games!!! Hopefully they will be fun :)

Frizzed
01-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Hey come on guys these games are a great mix up, they give you a break from killing things or racing around in a circle. Every now and again these games are great to pick up and play once in a while

I agree, at first I wasn't interested in Lego Star Wars until babysitting my 10 year old nephew and playing it with him. I think Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Batman are both going to be good fun games, great to have in your collection if you have some younger relatives that visit you often.

ToyzNTheHood
01-16-2008, 12:10 PM
In one of my new gaming magazines they had stuff on Lego Indy and Lego Batman. All I can say is i'm way excited for these games!!! Hopefully they will be fun :)
The joker looks awesome! :eek:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/preen/gallery5-1.jpg

TheGoalslammer
01-16-2008, 05:09 PM
That is a sweet looking LEGO. Penguin should be interesting as well.

ToyzNTheHood
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
That is a sweet looking LEGO. Penguin should be interesting as well.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/preen/gallery5-2.jpg

Looks awesome.;)

TheGoalslammer
01-16-2008, 05:28 PM
hmmmm. I was expecting a bit more of an egg shaped body.