PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite FM4 track and why?

rekikire
10-20-2011, 09:20 PM
My favourite track is Maple Valley. I love the huge fast corner at the end of the track if you're running in reverse. The whole track is full of fast, sweeping corners that are so enjoyable. The elevation changes that can cause you to lose traction in corners also make it challenging.

So that's my favourite track, what's yours?

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Top gear! :p

FeaRs
10-20-2011, 09:40 PM
My favorite track, same as yours, is Maple Valley. The speed factor of this track combined with the handling needed on your car makes it a track I believe takes a skill to master. I've drivin it since it made it first appearance in Forza. Always top 25 in times on there.

MAD MAZTEC
10-20-2011, 10:01 PM
All.
Because all are great, i can't choose :P

erod550
10-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Sebring. Fast chicanes, long high speed straights, love it.

Sebring is followed closely by Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

SuperSkyline89
10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
The Nordschliefe because of how long and challenging it is, especially with the new physics making every single bump noticeable. I also like Fujimi Kaido for the same reason.

As for real, normal tracks I'd say Suzuka because I love the Esse's and Degner's and Laguna Seca because of the Corkscrew.

ReklezZTrini
10-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Bernese Alps is actually my favorite. Love the scenery and the amazing small to medium follow through's & straights.

DEG23
10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
My favourite is the Camino Viejo de Montserrat extreme circuit, it has the perfect balance of sweeping turns mixed with tight hairpins and long straights with gentle bends.

Although in my mind the ultimate track is the Nurburgring, but i find i have a love/hate relationship with that track. After going through Forza 3, i have memorised the layout of all the tracks except the Nurburgring, i still can't call out each and every corner. It also requires the most concentration as it's all about seeing how far you can push the car and how late you can brake, i still find myself running this track again and again, trying to beat my best and all it takes is one wrong corner to mess up 8 minutes worth of work. This gets to a point where i begin to hate it, but i keep coming back.

SquareFenix
10-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Bernese Alps is actually my favorite. Love the scenery and the amazing small to medium follow through's & straights.

Agreed. Bernese Alps is beautiful and I love turning down the soundtrack and just listening to the engine roar on this track

Rasp
10-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Bernese Alps or Maple Valley.

Love the look of Bernese Alps and love the speed and sweeping corner of Maple Valley. Overall though all the tracks are pretty fun to race on.

erod550
10-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Although in my mind the ultimate track is the Nurburgring, but i find i have a love/hate relationship with that track. After going through Forza 3, i have memorised the layout of all the tracks except the Nurburgring, i still can't call out each and every corner. It also requires the most concentration as it's all about seeing how far you can push the car and how late you can brake, i still find myself running this track again and again, trying to beat my best and all it takes is one wrong corner to mess up 8 minutes worth of work. This gets to a point where i begin to hate it, but i keep coming back.

Lucky for me, I've been running Nurburgring since PGR2 almost 8 years ago now. And it's been in every game in the PGR and Forza series since. So I have it pretty well memorized. Doesn't mean I can run clean laps every time though. So much can go wrong so fast on a little bend or a bump at 200+ mph.

mark197205
10-21-2011, 01:07 AM
My favourite at the moment is the Mugello Autodromo, I seem to be able to get this track commited to memory a lot better than the others, tho I am liking the Bernese Alps track too.

SatNiteEduardo
10-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Sebring. Fast chicanes, long high speed straights, love it.

Sebring is followed closely by Laguna Seca and Road Atlanta.

Those are my favorites as well.

rekikire
10-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Laguna Seca because of the Corkscrew.

Yeah the Corkscrew is one of those corners that if you get it right you feel awesome, and if you screw it up, say goodbye to any chances of winning the race if it's close. It's all about how late can you brake and still make the corner.

Aagame
10-21-2011, 02:10 AM
I adore the Alps, with Mugello right behind. Montserrat is also beautiful. Honestly, there isn't a track in this game I particularly hate.

Aiden 514
10-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Silverstone for me mainly because I live 10mins from it:)

MxPx
10-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Maple Valley is a lovely track. Especially since it's the closest track to my house. Feels like I should be sipping a large Iced Regular from Dunkin Donuts while driving around it. (The locals will get that one)

I also like Road Atlanta, I believe.

And Top Gear track is ridiculous fun. I always forget that the turns are so wide and sweeping...and braking is unnecessary.

Dragon86
10-21-2011, 05:34 AM
My favorites are the Mugello Autodrome, Sunset Peninsula and the Infineon Circuit.

The only issues I have with some of the tracks is that the seem to be in nearly every racing game Leguna Seca and Suzuka most notably. Although I do enjoy going around Suzuka, especially through the esses.

boond0ck 83
10-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I've always loved Laguna Seca, it just never gets old. It's my hands down favorite. I really love Maple Valley also, and the Top Gear track is really fun , having seen most of the episodes.

Maldastar52
10-22-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm enjoying Infineon very much, and even more so when racing with my friends. Tight and technical and punishes your mistakes, and pretty hectic through the 1st series of turns.

ghmrandom
10-22-2011, 02:24 PM
oh there's so many

obviously top gear test track is awesome and i'm super happy that it's in the game
but sebring is the best it's been my favourite track since the days of forza 2 and it still continues to be it

the track has everything, straights, fast corners, technical corners and turn 17 has to be one of the best corners in the game