PDA

View Full Version : The retards on multiplayer

Darkharmony
10-20-2011, 10:49 PM
This is more of a rant than anything else but why is it that people just go in to a online match and decide to sell off all of your trap placement. I just quit out of a match because someone sold off 5 of my gas traps. Are you stupid? Do they not realize that it costs mana? Or are they just being pricks and selling my traps to bank mana for them self?

I really hope that some of the people I have added from here are smart and might actually communicate because every time I get stuck in "Foundries and Forges" we lose on the last wave. I was really hopeful for this game and while I have enjoyed it somewhat, the lack of brains in the online community is really starting to make me regret getting this game. Also makes me wonder a lot if the pc community is any better.

Oh and the lack of communication leading to just using the B button to call people... yeah that works about as well as .... well nothing. I've been overwhelmed many times and try to call for help since no one uses voice and what does it get me in the end? Nothing but the enemies getting through.

Sinsko
10-21-2011, 12:00 AM
This is more of a rant than anything else but why is it that people just go in to a online match and decide to sell off all of your trap placement. I just quit out of a match because someone sold off 5 of my gas traps. Are you stupid? Do they not realize that it costs mana? Or are they just being pricks and selling my traps to bank mana for them self?

I really hope that some of the people I have added from here are smart and might actually communicate because every time I get stuck in "Foundries and Forges" we lose on the last wave. I was really hopeful for this game and while I have enjoyed it somewhat, the lack of brains in the online community is really starting to make me regret getting this game. Also makes me wonder a lot if the pc community is any better.

Oh and the lack of communication leading to just using the B button to call people... yeah that works about as well as .... well nothing. I've been overwhelmed many times and try to call for help since no one uses voice and what does it get me in the end? Nothing but the enemies getting through.

Sorry that you had some bad luck. In all the games I joined I've found decent players... However I'm pretty systematic on the turret placement... and like to mix and match (Walls + AoE + Ranged + Auras) and so forth.

Also I like to take time between rounds to get good placement and communicate with the groups I'm in. Although there are the 'item grabbing' retards that just pick up everything as fast as possible, regardless of upgrades for the team... but i guess thats the difference between a regular group and a pre-made group.

Feel free to add me: Sinsko for some games... although I'm not always at my xbox - it's always on. Good if you want to make a time to game!

Darkharmony
10-21-2011, 02:15 AM
I finally had a good set of games. One person communicating with me and I think it made all the difference. We cleared out about 4 dungeons including one of the bosses on medium. I really enjoy the game it's just hard to find a good group of random people.

13ip0lar
10-21-2011, 08:39 AM
At least you weren't doing survival on hard, raping face, get to wave 10, and the the random French guy in your game decides to be a complete fucktard and sell your defenses. There's no recovering from that shit.

Darkharmony
10-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah that would really piss me off to no end. I don't get why people have the need to sell defenses when things are working perfect. Luckily I got in with a few more people tonight and we were doing really well. Hoping to have continued success finding intelligent groups.

NoThru22
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I had a party of three last night and a random decided to start selling all of our defenses. We lost on the boss of the Lab. Maybe it would have been better to just stick to three. :D

13ip0lar
10-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah that would really piss me off to no end. I don't get why people have the need to sell defenses when things are working perfect. Luckily I got in with a few more people tonight and we were doing really well. Hoping to have continued success finding intelligent groups.

Yeah my only advice would be to do survival with trusted people. My friend and I put 3 hours into getting to wave 14 on medium. It wasn't hard at all and probably could have done it on hard, it was just the sheer amount of enemies. Last wave had over 7,000 enemies the "reward" we got though was well worth it. :3

catbhoy
10-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Never experienced this thank god, I think I would blow a gasket if that happened, the majority I have played with have been excellent.

Edit:- I have encountered a number of A-holes today, idiots one and all.

Prince Viper
10-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I have been quite lucky also with the the people that I have played with. But I do struggle as monk in solo as there is only one offensive aura and so many seem to be resistant to lightning aura. Plus the enrage aura never seems to actually work...?
Thinking of rolling huntress now.

Blue Of Hearts
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I have been quite lucky also with the the people that I have played with. But I do struggle as monk in solo as there is only one offensive aura and so many seem to be resistant to lightning aura. Plus the enrage aura never seems to actually work...?
Thinking of rolling huntress now.

You should make a mage to at least level 30, then you can power level any character you want. Once you're able to solo the courtyard (Forget the name of the level) on easy, you can get near 20k+ in about 15 minutes time.

NoThru22
10-24-2011, 01:10 PM
You should make a mage to at least level 30, then you can power level any character you want. Once you're able to solo the courtyard (Forget the name of the level) on easy, you can get near 20k+ in about 15 minutes time.
At level 30, you should be able to solo any level on Medium.

Apparently the last level on Pure Strategy is a crazy XP and manafest.

BigPopov
10-24-2011, 05:21 PM
kind've amazing how stupid randoms are at these games and tower placement. It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure out that you generally put towers at chokepoints, and not randomly in the middle of a large field.

DethGrenade81
10-28-2011, 05:58 PM
The current trend of idiots I am encountering lately are the ones that kick you as soon as you enter the game. Don't play a public game if you want to do it privately. There is an option for private so use it!!!

/rant

checkit boom
10-28-2011, 06:16 PM
The current trend of idiots I am encountering lately are the ones that kick you as soon as you enter the game. Don't play a public game if you want to do it privately. There is an option for private so use it!!!

/rant

this has been the trend as of late for me as well. im glad i got the complete all mission with 4 players achievement done, trying to do the use hero only now and its just annoying getting booted.

BigPopov
10-29-2011, 08:10 AM
yeah I much prefer to host my own now. that way I can kick the bad apples

13ip0lar
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM

/rant

Fair enough, but there are alot of idiots that join challenges on insane with level 30's and wonder why they get kicked. Frankly I just get tired of explaining myself. Sometimes, I'll let people stay, if I can carry them, and their presence won't effect the end result of what I'm attempting to do. More importantly if it's a campaign mission. Any challenge on insane, and I will kick you if you don't have a 70 or quickly say "Wait I got a max toon".

Nuke2099
10-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Something funny happened to me today. Joined a summit game on medium difficulty and a lvl 28 was hosting it (I joined with my lvl 35) and this guy kicked me straight away so I message him saying if he doesn't want anyone in his game he should just go private and then he sends me a message cursing/swearing saying its my fault for entering his game and that he will threaten to kill me if I message back....also I'm apparently black. I was laughing non-stop and simply replied "u mad bro, you should go private if you dont want others to join" and then he went of cursing again about how its other people joining annoying him and 'stealing' his xp. This guy was a tool.

UnarmedReaper07
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Tried joining two "Summit" games and I get kicked right away from both. On the first game I said "hi" and then I got kicked. The second game I said "hi" again and someone said "hi" back. Then I got kicked. Are people seriously too stupid to put the game on "private"?

*I was a level 40 mage by the way.

Nuke2099
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I think people are stupid to not put it on private, in my example the guy was blaming others for joining a non-private game and saying it was their fault, basically he had issues and I expect a lot of others do it on purpose just so they get the 'satisfaction' of kicking someone.

13ip0lar
11-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Something funny happened to me today. Joined a summit game on medium difficulty and a lvl 28 was hosting it (I joined with my lvl 35) and this guy kicked me straight away so I message him saying if he doesn't want anyone in his game he should just go private and then he sends me a message cursing/swearing saying its my fault for entering his game and that he will threaten to kill me if I message back....also I'm apparently black. I was laughing non-stop and simply replied "u mad bro, you should go private if you dont want others to join" and then he went of cursing again about how its other people joining annoying him and 'stealing' his xp. This guy was a tool.

People are pretty stupid, but you really can't steal XP. The way you power level others in this game is simply by having them complete a wave. I've done it for several of my friends, and randoms alike. The thing to keep in mind is a lot of people may kick you simply because you aren't 70, or will steal their drops. In campaign missions thought it really doesn't matter who joins as most can be done by a level 70 alt, and then the rest of the time you can sit on your lowbie toon. That's what you should keep in mind when you get kicked.

Also it is important to note, the people concerned about item stealing or xp stealing, don't have a fucking clue how this game works. If you think picking shit up off the ground is the most efficient means of making money, then good luck sitting around for an hour just to make a mil.

Nuke2099
11-01-2011, 08:14 AM
The thing is I wasn't stealing xp, and I have a 70, also my alt was a much higher level than his main :D

catbhoy
11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
so sick of getting kicked

UnarmedReaper07
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
If I get kicked anymore I might punch someone in the face. The host should tell players to not do certain things or he/she will get kicked.

*It seems players on this thread should play together.

Andreas_loel
11-03-2011, 10:45 AM
I was gone most of last week so i still got the 4player achievement left to do :/ And now the hobos have taken over online, its kick or just plain hobo looting everywhere

I R SRY FRO WUNTIN 2 PLEH MAI HUNTRZ :(

So far my best reason for getting kicked is that i shot faster with my gun then the other 2 hunters in the game....

UnarmedReaper07
11-03-2011, 12:10 PM
I was gone most of last week so i still got the 4player achievement left to do :/ And now the hobos have taken over online, its kick or just plain hobo looting everywhere

I R SRY FRO WUNTIN 2 PLEH MAI HUNTRZ :(

So far my best reason for getting kicked is that i shot faster with my gun then the other 2 hunters in the game....

I still have the four player achievement myself to do. It's hard to do it when people do kick you every time for no reason. This is why getting a group for the achievement helps.

olie3146
11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Myself and a friend will be looking for 2 people to go through all the levels for the achievement soon if anyone is interested

we don't pick up anything on the floor unless we really need or want, that way it gets spread evenly between everyone

We would prefer if you have a decent character to do the runs with as there will be quite a few enemies, I have plenty of godly armour that I am willing to part with to help a team mate out.

What we don't want is someone joining us that just runs around willy nilly putting defences everywhere, we have set plans for each map.

if your interested and happy to follow the above send a FR to olie3146 (please just add a message so I know what its for)

NIGHTxSHADOW
11-03-2011, 02:46 PM
dam but a nutter thing that get me mad is i get kick from like every game for no reason like if you dont want any one to join put it on pri

DethGrenade81
11-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Fair enough, but there are alot of idiots that join challenges on insane with level 30's and wonder why they get kicked. Frankly I just get tired of explaining myself. Sometimes, I'll let people stay, if I can carry them, and their presence won't effect the end result of what I'm attempting to do. More importantly if it's a campaign mission. Any challenge on insane, and I will kick you if you don't have a 70 or quickly say "Wait I got a max toon".Then start up a private game if you dont want a random to join. There are plenty of games I have attempted to join with only one player in them and then I get kicked. If you want to go solo do single player or private. It's just as easy to do that as it is to kick people. In fact it's easier.

13ip0lar
11-05-2011, 07:29 AM
Then start up a private game if you dont want a random to join. There are plenty of games I have attempted to join with only one player in them and then I get kicked. If you want to go solo do single player or private. It's just as easy to do that as it is to kick people. In fact it's easier.

You forget though some challenges are a lot easier with 4 than say two 70's, provided they are competent. Unlike PC, I can't host my game with a title saying "Only 70's please, serious attempts." It's not my fault people don't have common sense. If it was anything else in the campaign aside from the last level or bonus, I would let people stay.

joshyy rowe
11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Then start up a private game if you dont want a random to join. There are plenty of games I have attempted to join with only one player in them and then I get kicked. If you want to go solo do single player or private. It's just as easy to do that as it is to kick people. In fact it's easier.
if the player who joins shouldn't be playing there why should we have to carry them when we could have a competent person helping instead of some level one trying to boost xp.

UnarmedReaper07
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I just hate when people kick you for no reason at all. All my characters are level 70, I have a mic, I try to be nice, but I get kicked as soon as I say hi or on the loading screen. This game is pretty much a kickapolooza.

*Like I said before a lot of people are too stupid to look at the "private" game setting. Getting the four player accomplishment is gonna be hard.

Cynicalfate
11-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I just hate when people kick you for no reason at all. All my characters are level 70, I have a mic, I try to be nice, but I get kicked as soon as I say hi or on the loading screen. This game is pretty much a kickapolooza.

*Like I said before a lot of people are too stupid to look at the "private" game setting. Getting the four player accomplishment is gonna be hard.

You could just load up medium and put in 3 other controllers if you have them, Works like a charm if your only missing a few.

UnarmedReaper07
11-13-2011, 10:44 PM
You could just load up medium and put in 3 other controllers if you have them, Works like a charm if your only missing a few.

I don't have three other controllers. The challenge says "four active players" so it would be a pain in the butt. Thank you for the comment though.