PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Gallery Help

A7X or DIE
10-21-2011, 12:56 AM
I've completed everything in the game but have been putting off the shooting galleries till the very last. I don't know why but I'm having all kinds of trouble with these. I completed the first row but anything after that just seems really tough for me, and half the time the explosive gems don't even pop up. I've looked at all the youtube vids in the achievement guide but they don't seem to help. I'm using the tmp and trying to do single shots. So should I be going for speed or taking my time and trying for headshots? Any additional tips or help so I can finally 1k this would be great for me and any others struggling.

StarHawk009
10-21-2011, 02:08 AM
i used the pistol and nothing else only head shots, you have to get krauser. i thought it helped to move a few steps to the left of the shooting gallery on all of them. I have not done this yet on xbox360 only gamecube. dont know if there are any changes

DocRevolt
10-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Here's my strategy that got me through all of the shooting galleries in relatively little time and with a pretty decent success rate: Choose the sniping set. Use the pistol for every target, trying to get headshots as often as possible. Don't forget that while body shots are always worth 50, headshots on male targets are 100 and on female targets are 200. Now the most important thing is hitting the Salazar target when it pops up in the back. If necessary, just focus on getting body shots on targets in order to build up streaks of 5 targets in a row. As soon as the Salazar target shows up, IMMEDIATELY open up your inventory and switch to the sniper. Ignore all other targets, and try to zoom in on a location to the left of where Salazar currently is. As soon as he passes under your reticle, shoot him for 500 points. If you can get two Salazar targets in a game you have a pretty good shot at passing 3000, and if you manage to get three you're practically guaranteed to hit the 3000 mark.

kinjoking
10-22-2011, 08:56 PM
you can do this easy without going for headashots. just hitting the enemies on the body will be enough to clear an area with the bottle caps. stand a bit to the left after you ring the bell and i gives you a good angle for most targets. i used nothing but the tmp and did a 2 round burst just to be sure. always shoot the explosive thing, try and shoot the dynamite when the ganados appears with it as will wipe out the entire set for maximum bonus.
when ashly appears and a ganado is behind her youl have enough time to change position and shoot inbetween ash then return to the left side. you get enough time to shoot all targets so theres no need to ever panic, i honestly found this so easy. for some reason i couldnt do it on gamecube, but on here its p*ss easy.

metalzine
10-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I was quite lucky with the shooting galler! My tips are always use the TMP and try to sims for the heads for a bonus! Also with games c and d you have to run left and right for certain targets! Just keep on playing to get users to it and you can unlock all the bottle caps!

Cheezus Chrust
01-26-2012, 06:06 AM
If you're having trouble with the pistol, try this: memorize the target pattern, stick with the sniper rifle, zoom in and go strictly for headshots without missing. I found it WAY easier to search/destroy heads through the steady, zoomed in rifle scope than it was going for body shots with Leon's Parkinson's Pistol. All you really have to do is get about 15 easy villager headshots (even fewer if you can nail a few female villagers) and nail Salazar's floating head 3 times for a score of 3000. Don't worry about missing any villagers, just nab as many quick headshots as you can without missing, and of course go for Salazar when he flies by.

M49907
02-03-2012, 07:13 AM
yea there were some targets that I would always just ignore, because after I did one round with 25/25 and no Ashley kills I just went for the 3000. You can miss probably like 5 of them and still get 3000 if you get a good amount of headshots and the bonus target. What I did: Used the sniper set up and used only the pistol. For each letter I first went for all 25 targets. This may require you to move a bit but you have a lot of time if you know generally where they will be popping up. After that I just went for the 3000s in each one. I found that in D slightly left was good, and in A-C I liked to stand to the right a bit. I ignored any target that required me to move. After about a 3 headshot streak, I would aim at their bodies for the next 2 just to make sure I got the bonus target at 5 hits. This should be easy after you try each one a few times. If you like the tmp go for it but I find the handgun WAY easier to get headshots and even shoot salazar all the way down range nearly every time.

WackFiend
02-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Leon's Parkinson's Pistol

I quite enjoyed this.

I don't remember having as much trouble with these as I did when I played it on GameCube, PS2 or Wii. The aiming seems to be significantly slower and a lot more jittery.

Also, I noticed when using the sniper rifle on the targets, headshots every time, the Salazar would not pop up. I think it's because the bullet travels through the ganado and into the backdrop, this counting as a "miss" for whatever reason. I also don't remember that happening in other versions either.

Walking Beast
02-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I used the TMP only. Rarely any grenades. For times when ashley isnt present and there are alot of enemies , grenade can be useful.

Single tap the tmp's trigger. Firing one bullet at a time. This is good because you will not need to reload often. Also the tmp can easily take out the moving targets that appear with every 5 enemies killed (without missing a shot, thats why you want to single tap the fire button and not fire extra rounds)

When the moving target comes you can fire multiple bullets using the tmp rapid fire to your advantage for only that part. On some of the challenges you may want to go for a few headshots in the very beginning but then stick to body shots mostly and you will be able to get enough points. Just need to take out 5 in a row consistntly and take out the moving targets

Shoot the dynamite stick on ememies to kill all enemies and usually get the bonus moving target instantly

Pryor de Pirate
02-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Well said man. And thanks it worked like charm!

airspider23
02-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Just got my 1st row..after reading all the posts in this thread i feel like it's possible to get the others..hope it's not just wishfull thinking lol.

oOKaizerOo
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
If you're having trouble with the pistol, try this: memorize the target pattern, stick with the sniper rifle, zoom in and go strictly for headshots without missing. I found it WAY easier to search/destroy heads through the steady, zoomed in rifle scope than it was going for body shots with Leon's Parkinson's Pistol. All you really have to do is get about 15 easy villager headshots (even fewer if you can nail a few female villagers) and nail Salazar's floating head 3 times for a score of 3000. Don't worry about missing any villagers, just nab as many quick headshots as you can without missing, and of course go for Salazar when he flies by.

His aim with it really makes you wonder how he ever got this assignment.

I found it the easiest to use the pistol for body shots only unless it was a super close head shot, the extra points weren't worth it as if I missed, I'd mess up the 5 in a row streak to bring the Salazar targets up. When those came up, quickly switched to the rifle aimed to the left and waited for it to come to my reticle. DON'T CHASE THE HEAD, you will miss. If you keep hitting streaks and popping salazar's it should be no problem.

In the C and D ranges (well when those modes first appear), shoot the Moon and then the Castle for 300 points, easy to do at the very beginning. It fires annoying fireworks, but points is points.

I also tended to stay a few steps to the left of center, made most shots much easier.

shinobigarth
04-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Here's my strategy that got me through all of the shooting galleries in relatively little time and with a pretty decent success rate: Choose the sniping set. Use the pistol for every target, trying to get headshots as often as possible. Don't forget that while body shots are always worth 50, headshots on male targets are 100 and on female targets are 200. Now the most important thing is hitting the Salazar target when it pops up in the back. If necessary, just focus on getting body shots on targets in order to build up streaks of 5 targets in a row. As soon as the Salazar target shows up, IMMEDIATELY open up your inventory and switch to the sniper. Ignore all other targets, and try to zoom in on a location to the left of where Salazar currently is. As soon as he passes under your reticle, shoot him for 500 points. If you can get two Salazar targets in a game you have a pretty good shot at passing 3000, and if you manage to get three you're practically guaranteed to hit the 3000 mark.
never thought about using the rifle for the Salazars, i hit them all with the pistol LOL.