PDA

View Full Version : Has gamerscore got you hooked!!!

snafegeeza
04-13-2006, 07:23 PM
hello

I know the whole point of this site is about achievements and gamerscore but I cant believe how the gamerscore has got me hooked. I find myself completing games on every difficulty and doing really boring tasks all in the pursuit of raising my gamer score. I would never have completed games twice (eg call of duty) or done some of the mundane tasks (eg complete king kong) on my old xbox or ps2 because there was just nothing to show for it in the end. The achievement system that microsoft has created is a stroke of genius. Im still a little reluctant to spend £50 on a game though even if it means missing out on a possible 1000 points. But when renting becomes available in the uk im sure ill be renting games just for achievements. Has gamerscore changed the way you play games compared to your old xbox games????

ps I know my scores a little pants but I am trying!!!

TimidKillah
04-13-2006, 07:30 PM
sheeeet yeah. gs points has me playing alot things that I never would have touched. In a way I guess that's a good thing. Its pushing me to try new things. Some I have liked (nba games) and some I have hated (madden). You're right though, because of the points, there are a lot of stupid things in games that I probably never would have done.

Still don't think I'll try Oblivion though. Definitely not into the RPG thing

Minty
04-13-2006, 07:41 PM
renting is available in the Uk ;)

DarkLif3
04-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I tend to play games that I probably would never play through and I also go through the game and do certain things that normally could be skipped but not without the lose of achievements. I don't make getting achievements my life like some do around other places and I certainly don't brag about it. I try to keep focus of what being a true gamer means and not just picking up every great game, getting 1000 points and then never play it again.

TimidKillah, I think you should at least rent Oblivion. Hell, I hate RPGs also but Oblivion is one of the best games I've played.

porker con
04-13-2006, 07:44 PM
I want to play xbox games but I just can't because only xbox 360 games give you gamerscore:(

snafegeeza
04-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I agree with darky on that one one you should give oblivion at least a look, its an awsome game even if your not a fan of RPG's.

Now then minters can you tell us where I can rent from because ive checked numerous blockbusters and none of them have 360 games in. I dont really want to rent off the internet because i cant be arsed with it.

Styze
04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm sure Microsoft and the Developers are also loving achievments, as there are probable people out there that do just buy the games for the achievments. Achievments have me hooked but not to the point of buying every single game just for the achievments.

scoobydiesel
04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I love the GS thing but some games i still wont play, btu i have played a few i most likly wouldnt other wise...But i agree with **insert name** about going around and doing things i normaly wouldnt just to get the points...so its worth it and fun and what not

AmpleSteak
04-14-2006, 11:43 AM
YES!!! My gamerscore isn't that high but thats because i just recently got gameaccess(canadian gamefly) I will be in the 20000 soon enough :woop: :uzi:

Minty
04-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Now then minters can you tell us where I can rent from because ive checked numerous blockbusters and none of them have 360 games in. I dont really want to rent off the internet because i cant be arsed with it.

me and spx both rent off www.gamesfrenzy.co.uk they are quick efficient and cheap- games will arrive 2 days tops. and pre releases will be there a day early. much better!!

snafegeeza
04-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the tip minters I will have alook

:Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce: :Bounce:

Styze
04-15-2006, 08:10 AM
YES!!! My gamerscore isn't that high but thats because i just recently got gameaccess(canadian gamefly) I will be in the 20000 soon enough :woop: :uzi:

How recent did you get it, i was wondering about getting it, but hadn't heard of anybody having it. Pls let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks!!!

SpideR NY
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
well with how not amazing the launch games were achievements kept me busy. Now, as more and more good games come out, I find myself careing less and less about achievements. Dont get me wrong, I will still play games I otherwise wouldnt have and do things in games I may not have just for the achievements. But I really dont see me playing through games I really dont like (like Kameo) when I have a vastly superior game I could be having fun playing (Like Oblivion).

DJHUNTERD
04-15-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm hooked on it but it was not only microsofts stroke of genius... many game developers put things into games that a ton of people miss going through. Like me I am a direct form point A to B type of player.. i dont go wandering off exploring, but now developers can put achievements into the game that incorporate their hardwork and force people to see what they done... take Tomb Raider for example and finding all the little treasures. I wouldn't of really bothered for if it didn't associate w/points now. Damn thinkers!!!:bow:

Minty
04-15-2006, 09:52 PM
i didnt mind the tomb raider ones, found all of them on the first play through.

i like the achievements, but when you get online and you get people that just start a game and quit out as they want there 'play 50' achievements or whatever it bugs me.

and i dont think gamerscore is an indication of gaming ability at all

Webb
04-15-2006, 10:31 PM
I only play games I want to, but I now nail these, i.e. complete Call of Duty on veteran, would have only done normal on the original X-Box. So in a sense, yep.

scoobydiesel
04-16-2006, 12:34 AM
yeah i ahvnt beat COD2 totaly but what io have beat has been vet, if there wasnt a gamerscore i wouldnt have even ntoiced they ahd Vet...