PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Questions

tommy060289
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Hey everyone, I've never been that bothered about kinect, mainly because I don't have the space to play all the real games anyway but since most games are starting to get features in such as the head monitoring on forza I'm thinking of adding one.

The only thing is my room is pretty small (about 8ft from where the kinect would be to my wall) and I know from reading the review on those nyko lenses it likes to be able to see the floor but in my case it would just be seeing me sat on the bed. In this case would it still be able to recognise my hands and head?

Also, would it be better off underneath my TV (roughly level with my chest) or above my TV so its looking down on me (my Plasma is wall mounted)

Cheers,

Tom

FeaRs
10-21-2011, 01:10 AM
I have my Kinect sitting right underneath my TV and it cant see the floor. Not sure if that's bad or good but yea haha. I personally don't like the Kinect for this game, its just you steering the car as braking and gas is controlled by the game.

DEG23
10-21-2011, 02:24 AM
Not sure if you have already, but i would recommend checking out the Kinect threads:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1790

flOOfgOOfer360
10-21-2011, 03:36 AM
depends on the game, I move mine all the time. head/shoulder height works best with dance central, waist high (under tv) works best for most other games. Games like Gunstringer you can play sitting in a chair. I even got a sprinting (running) acheivement in Kin Sports while sitting in a chair :p