PDA

View Full Version : Will hired drivers count towards the World Tourer achievement?

mark21667
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Will it count them as if you raced the tracks yourself?

TwistedFate
10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Will it count them as if you raced the tracks yourself?

Yes, hired drivers count as if you drove it yourself for all achievements.

mark21667
10-21-2011, 12:16 PM
So, will completing the Event List mainly using hired drivers will get me the World Tourer achievement?

ProXy
10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
"Yes, hired drivers count as if you drove it yourself for all achievements."

mark21667
10-31-2011, 12:12 PM
I am this far into the Event List

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47308141@N06/6297953795/in/photostream

Still no World Tourer achievement. Fingers crossed.

TwistedFate
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM
I am this far into the Event List

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47308141@N06/6297953795/in/photostream

Still no World Tourer achievement. Fingers crossed.

You aren't going to get it just by doing Event List. We said hiring drivers will get you the achievement, not doing the Event List will get you the achievement. There are several tracks not on Event List.

mark21667
10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Do you know what they are? It would be well handy.

TwistedFate
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I haven't finished Bucket List yet, so I don't know for sure, but no Drag Racing tracks show up in Event list and I don't think Old Mulsanne at Le Mans or Full Circuits of Nordschleife or Fujimi Kaido show up. There may be others. You could always just look and see what tracks you haven't done.

redlight racer
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
I haven't finished Bucket List yet, so I don't know for sure, but no Drag Racing tracks show up in Event list and I don't think Old Mulsanne at Le Mans or Full Circuits of Nordschleife or Fujimi Kaido show up. There may be others. You could always just look and see what tracks you haven't done.

Kaido Full circuit in reverse shows up in the 8th season, I believe (Did for me anyways). Not sure on the others.

TwistedFate
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Kaido Full circuit in reverse shows up in the 8th season, I believe (Did for me anyways). Not sure on the others.

I don't think WT gives different tracks to different people (I could be wrong). The locations are fixed, it's just the races that differ. I haven't driven FK full in either direction, yet and I'm finished with Season 10. I've raced segments of it, but never the full thing. I hate that track and I would remember doing it if I had to do the whole thing.

hound
10-31-2011, 03:47 PM
This cheev really sucks, ive got over 12 hours of driving yet it says ive only got 81 race wins!
I know ive driven 100+ and I never leave a race till its won, and theres over 1200 to do!

Talk about grinding.
Doubt ill ever get this one :mad:

redlight racer
10-31-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't think WT gives different tracks to different people (I could be wrong). The locations are fixed, it's just the races that differ. I haven't driven FK full in either direction, yet and I'm finished with Season 10. I've raced segments of it, but never the full thing. I hate that track and I would remember doing it if I had to do the whole thing.

I know for a fact I raced it in the last season I completed last night (8)... It was one lap around the whole thing, and I used my RX-7 (I chose the Club RX-7 race). It was the 10th or 11th track in the season, and I remember comparing it to Kaido full in FM3, as the Drift Achieve was the last one I got in FM3 before FM4 came out and I raced that track a ton trying to get that stupid achiev. lol

TwistedFate
10-31-2011, 09:10 PM
I know for a fact I raced it in the last season I completed last night (8)... It was one lap around the whole thing, and I used my RX-7 (I chose the Club RX-7 race). It was the 10th or 11th track in the season, and I remember comparing it to Kaido full in FM3, as the Drift Achieve was the last one I got in FM3 before FM4 came out and I raced that track a ton trying to get that stupid achiev. lol

Yeah, like I said I could be wrong. I'm just pretty sure I haven't driven the full thing yet. That stupid drift achievement is the only one I don't have from FM3. I'm one of a very few people that know you CAN run out of Rewinds because of it.

erod550
11-14-2011, 09:28 PM
I went through the full 10 seasons of World Tour two and a half times and it does have you run on the full Nurburgring Nordschliefe. The Event List, however, does not. I did not run on Fujimi Kaido full in World Tour ever.

The tracks I still needed after completing ~75% of the Event List and the 10 seasons of World Tour were:

Fujimi Kaido Full Forward and Reverse
Fujimi Kaido New and Old Downhill
Fujimi Kaido New and Old Hillclimb
Top Gear Test Track Full Circuit
All 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1 mile dragstrips. Just scroll through each track and you'll see which tracks have drag strips.

Make sure you're doing a Quick Race or online race or some other form of race, but it has to be a race and not a hot lap.

The Benchmark Test Tracks are not necessary. All other tracks not listed here should be covered by the Event List. You can see my full list of Events sorted by Track here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOquu4JdZ_LdHBJaE1iOXZlWFNVNTRaSnliSHphS Xc&hl=en_US#gid=0

scarface983
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
do hired drivers come in first? i dont want to hire a driver and he comes in 2nd lol

TwistedFate
11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
do hired drivers come in first? i dont want to hire a driver and he comes in 2nd lol

Hired drivers are just slightly better than Hard AI. Given the right car they will win a vast majority of the time with the AI on Hard. Almost never on Professional.