PDA

View Full Version : Golden Spider Glitches?

doppl
10-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I am missing only one achievement in this game - getting 100% on these damn spiders!

I only have two left to get, the first spider on "Claws of the Cat" and the third spider in "When Creatures Attack". I have checked every online guide I can find, scoured the level upside down, and beaten in three time over and still cannot get either of these damn spiders! I noticed something when I was going for the spider on "When Creatures Attack"...

When I enter the teleport chamber, I get a flashing red spider. Does this mean that I can earn a spider from that combat challenge? This would be confusing, considering I have gotten gold medals on all of the challenges, but that seems to be the only option I can find...

Is anyone else having similar issues? Are spiders that you earned via the web of challenge not registering in the chapter select menu (and your overall total)? Or am I just crazy? (if so...any tips on how to find these two would be much appreciated!)

doppl
10-21-2011, 10:36 PM
CONFIRMATION: These Golden Spiders were glitched!

The first spider on "Claws of the Cat" was rewarded to me randomly. I was in the warehouse room (the area where you toggle the timed door) and was randomly awarded the spider after killing all of the enemies in the room. I don't see any challenge regarding those enemies, so I guess it was glitched...

The second spider was the third one on the mission "When Creatures Attack". I had to re-do the "defeat 30 enemies with less than 20 hits" challenge before I was rewarded with the gold spider. Note: I had to re-do the challenge WHILE COMPLETING THE LEVEL, not through the "Web of Challenges" select.

Unfortunately, it seems some of you are going to have to re-do some challenges if you are missing some spiders...

The Dauntless
10-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I cant get the 2nd golden spider on Chpater 14. I beat the combat challenge but didnt get the spider.

Can you tell me eaxtcly what you did to get the spiders to be obtainable again as when I replay the level the spider doesnt reappear???

Valdarez
11-09-2011, 02:56 PM
When I enter the teleport chamber, I get a flashing red spider. Does this mean that I can earn a spider from that combat challenge?
Yep, that's exactly what it means! Figured that out and helped me get the last spiders on the Hard play through.

Page1992
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I've been following a guide, i've gone back through on easy to get the spiders i'm missing, i'm missing the 4th spider on "back from the dead", the one that's in the tree, thing is though, i've picked it up, there's nothing in the tree now. I've got the one from the combat section. I've also got the one at the top of the dome.

xEndriux
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I can confirm that if you don't have the first spider in Chapter 11
it was given by the combat