PDA

View Full Version : Do you hire drivers?

F Zer0 X
10-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Hey guy's, just wondering if any of you hire drivers? and if so for which races?

I'm almost done with year 6 and i'm driver level 32 or 33 and i've hired a driver 3 times now.

Rasp
10-22-2011, 02:56 AM
I didn't and I was Level 50 Season 9 Race 21 and then I accidently deleted my game save so I'm gonna hire drivers and do the 50 lap exploit to get to the same point.

F Zer0 X
10-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Whats the 50 lap exploit?
You don't get xp for your driver level if you hire a driver do you?

Out of Battery
10-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Personally, I don't hire drivers for the simple fact that they never seem to win for me. They always come 2nd or 3rd so its not really worth it.

I'm curious though, do they win for you guys?

SuperSkyline89
10-22-2011, 03:47 AM
The only time I ever hired a driver was for some of the endurance races in FM3 or if I got bored with certain races. I don't plan on hiring one at all for FM4 because they got rid of the endurance races and there's so much more variety to the events now.

This is the 50 lap exploit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335897

You don't get xp for hiring a driver, and you earn less money because you have to give the driver a cut.

F Zer0 X
10-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Personally, I don't hire drivers for the simple fact that they never seem to win for me. They always come 2nd or 3rd so its not really worth it.

I'm curious though, do they win for you guys?

Each time i hired one they came 1st

SatNiteEduardo
10-22-2011, 04:51 AM
I did not hire in fm3 and will not here either

boond0ck 83
10-22-2011, 06:32 AM
No. I want to drive.

softerxsin495
10-22-2011, 06:33 AM
I have never hired drivers in any of the Forza games. I always love the accomplished feeling once I finally beat the race haha.

Rasp
10-22-2011, 06:51 AM

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335897

KeepEmRolling
10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I hired a driver in Forza 3 to finish up the endurance races in the event list. I doubt I'll hire drivers in 4.

BlackDragon
10-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Same as several of the above - I used him for the Endurance Races in FM3... oh, and a couple of the last R3 races because I'd run out of cars to level to 5, and I was already level 50 by a large margin. Since I couldn't get any XP anyway, I couldn't be bothered to race.

Since this game has no Endurance Races (smart move there, Turn 10. Who SERIOUSLY did those? I mean... SERIOUSLY?), I don't need him for that, and with the level-cap lifted to 150 for characters and 50 for car-makes, I'm not going to run out of little bars to fill up either. So yeah, no hired driver for me.

(And yeah, I kinda' figured it'd be much less of a sure win in this game, since most events are much more balanced than they were in FM3, so you're always up against some decent opposition. Which the Hired Driver's conservative style isn't really good at handling...)

SuperSkyline89
10-22-2011, 03:21 PM
(And yeah, I kinda' figured it'd be much less of a sure win in this game, since most events are much more balanced than they were in FM3, so you're always up against some decent opposition. Which the Hired Driver's conservative style isn't really good at handling...)

The difficulty was actually one of the major reasons I would use a driver in some of the longer races in FM3. I couldn't win on Hard so I usually played on Medium, but that meant on longer races I'd end up lapping everyone and I just felt like there was no point in even driving so I hired a driver.

Thankfully FM4 has far better difficulty settings. On the shorter races I can force my way through the grid to get in first by the 2nd lap but on the longer ones I can take my time and race super clean so it takes me several laps to get into 1st. It actually feels like you're working for the win now, and that leaves me absolutely no reason to hire a driver.

erod550
10-22-2011, 03:28 PM
I never hired drivers in FM3 until just this past week I decided I want to finish up the achievements for that game, so while I'm working (work from home) I just have a hired driver going through the Event List in FM3 and getting those done while I work.

I have not hired a driver for FM4 and likely won't.

TwistedFate
10-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Since this game has no Endurance Races (smart move there, Turn 10. Who SERIOUSLY did those? I mean... SERIOUSLY?),

I did, and I know several others that did too. They were always my favorites.

Removing them is just part of the dumbing down process all gaming is going through. Any chuckle head can be good for 2-3 laps.

Tattoo Man
10-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I have hired drivers for a few races, but I have noticed one thing.

The drivers in the races can be very aggressive, sometimes near suicidal, but when you hire a driver he backs of every time another car touches him. If real racing drivers behaved as the AI in this game they would be fired instantly.

SuperSkyline89
10-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I did, and I know several others that did too. They were always my favorites.

Removing them is just part of the dumbing down process all gaming is going through. Any chuckle head can be good for 2-3 laps.

The thing that ruined them for me in FM3 was the difficulty setting made it so I could only win on a difficulty that had me lapping the competition and I hated that.

I was actually looking forward to trying them on the new difficulty settings because I think they would be awesome on professional. It would actually take several laps to get into first and pit stop strategy would actually come into play. I think FM4 is the first game that endurance races would really work in, too bad the previous ones ruined it.

TwistedFate
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
when you hire a driver he backs of every time another car touches him. If real racing drivers behaved as the AI in this game they would be fired instantly.

Right, because protecting a million dollar race car so that it can win the race is no where as near as good a strategy as banging it all to hell in the first few turns so it has to limp home in last place.

I'm not saying the Hired AI isn't too timid at times, but you will never hear of a racer getting fired because he didn't bang the car up enough. The people with the money like it when they don't have to buy parts, paint, etc...

BlackDragon
10-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Right, because protecting a million dollar race car so that it can win the race is no where as near as good a strategy as banging it all to hell in the first few turns so it has to limp home in last place.

I'm not saying the Hired AI isn't too timid at times, but you will never hear of a racer getting fired because he didn't bang the car up enough. The people with the money like it when they don't have to buy parts, paint, etc...

I think you're misunderstanding him - what he's saying is that any real racing-driver who drove like the NON-HIRED-DRIVER AI in this game, would be fired for getting their cars banged all to hell. Which is probably accurate, unless it's a Destruction Derby. :p

Though... I haven't seen much of this 'aggressive behavior'. Most AI-drivers back off if you force them to choose between backing off or hitting you. Some of the ones that are specifically described as aggressive drivers in their Bios may occasionally take some risky corners to get ahead, but far from hitting you deliberately. EXCEPT, of course, if you go all 'Prince of Persia' on them and rewind time. That often messes up the AI 'cuz it takes them a moment to catch up with their new position on the track, and where everybody else is. At that point, they're liable to hit each other, or you, but not because they're trying to - they were just momentarily confused by your time-warping abilities. ;)

TwistedFate
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I think you're misunderstanding him - what he's saying is that any real racing-driver who drove like the NON-HIRED-DRIVER AI in this game, would be fired for getting their cars banged all to hell. Which is probably accurate, unless it's a Destruction Derby. :p

Though... I haven't seen much of this 'aggressive behavior'. Most AI-drivers back off if you force them to choose between backing off or hitting you. Some of the ones that are specifically described as aggressive drivers in their Bios may occasionally take some risky corners to get ahead, but far from hitting you deliberately. EXCEPT, of course, if you go all 'Prince of Persia' on them and rewind time. That often messes up the AI 'cuz it takes them a moment to catch up with their new position on the track, and where everybody else is. At that point, they're liable to hit each other, or you, but not because they're trying to - they were just momentarily confused by your time-warping abilities. ;)

I haven't seen overtly aggressive behavior, but I've seen stupid behavior. ex. Start of the race the car beside me turns left right into my side, braking in the middle of straight with nobody in front of them, giving up the racing line to me for no reason, trying to force me off track when I clearly have the racing line, etc.... None of this occurred after a rewind.

martyrdon
10-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Now that I am at level 50 I hire a driver occasionally when I am working on something on the PC. On races in B class or lower I set the difficulty High (expert) on A class and up I lower it to Medium with this my hired driver never loses....

JKSullivan
10-23-2011, 02:54 PM
I haven't seen overtly aggressive behavior, but I've seen stupid behavior. ex. Start of the race the car beside me turns left right into my side, braking in the middle of straight with nobody in front of them, giving up the racing line to me for no reason, trying to force me off track when I clearly have the racing line, etc.... None of this occurred after a rewind.

I think that would be considered overtly agressive . . .

For my part, no I won't hire drivers - it's a game I bought to race, so why would I want to use my system's resources (power, wear and tear, etc) to not do anything?

FeaRs
10-24-2011, 05:08 PM
The only time I have ever used a Hired Driver in Forza was for the Endurance Races in Forza 3. Seeing as how their aren't any as long as those races in this game, I don't see myself using the driver. Less money from him and I don't get any XP for ranking up. Would take forever to get the affinity level if you hire someone.

SpectreSoldier
10-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I think that would be considered overtly agressive . . .

For my part, no I won't hire drivers - it's a game I bought to race, so why would I want to use my system's resources (power, wear and tear, etc) to not do anything?

Same as me I want to drive my own cars not only to see them in action.

Daniel55645
10-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Hey guy's, just wondering if any of you hire drivers? and if so for which races?

I'm almost done with year 6 and i'm driver level 32 or 33 and i've hired a driver 3 times now.

I hire drivers all the time for bucket list. I've done nothing but hire drivers really, im level 51 now so dont really care.

Boosted 2ZZ
10-25-2011, 04:06 AM
yeah ill start to hire driver once i have the level 50 driver, some of the races can get super long and boring

BanzaiMike
10-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Don't want to make a thread just for this but can anyone tell me if the pit-stops are any different to Forza 3? Not got the game yet.

TwistedFate
10-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Don't want to make a thread just for this but can anyone tell me if the pit-stops are any different to Forza 3? Not got the game yet.

No need to pit in any of the races, but they are the same as F3.

BanzaiMike
10-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Right. Thanks. I was hoping for some pit crew but not that important I suppose. Back to the subject and I'm writing this while my hired driver is busy racing an endurance race on Forza 3. Once I've (he's) done all those I'll be 100% and I'll be ready to get F4. Looking forward to it.

Barad
10-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Well I'm only on my sixth season so no, may do when I get deep down the event list towards bucket list..

red_hammer
10-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Didn't hire a single driver yet...
Only hired them for those endurance races in FM3, since there are none in 4, there won't be a need...
Another point:
Hiring a driver in FM3 usually resulted in a win 'cause you always started from pole...
Just can't watch my AI driver trying to overtake... already hated B-Spec in GT5...

Gatsbys Ghost
11-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Only once so far - it was on a race that I just could not win, and I figured I might as well leave the headache to the driver.

Mohegan13
11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I generally hire a driver if I really dislike what has been handed to me in World Tour. I hate Silverstone, Sedona Full and de Catalunya. So I will sometimes hire a driver for those. Really depends on the cars I have available as well, if I have a good car that handles well, I may gut it out.

redlight racer
11-01-2011, 11:58 PM
The only time I ever hired a driver was for some of the endurance races in FM3 or if I got bored with certain races. I don't plan on hiring one at all for FM4 because they got rid of the endurance races and there's so much more variety to the events now.

Exactly the same for me. I hired a lot in FM3, but have never felt the urge in FM4 as the races aren't very long and they do a pretty good job of mixing things up.

Xbox3604Life
11-02-2011, 12:48 AM
im a forza fan from forza 2 and 3 i have always used hired drivers in past when i feel like just relaxing and let the ai do all the work for me i like to do about 50/50 makes for a very chilling game but ive just started my career mode hit driver level 1 in first 2 races now im trying to find the hire driver option that always used to be on pre race screen i cant find the option anywhere to hire driver i wonder i am being to lazy do i need to wait for the hire driver option to unlock further on in my career if someone could help please if they know if hire driver unlocks later or if i have a bugged game ???

TwistedFate
11-02-2011, 01:05 AM
im a forza fan from forza 2 and 3 i have always used hired drivers in past when i feel like just relaxing and let the ai do all the work for me i like to do about 50/50 makes for a very chilling game but ive just started my career mode hit driver level 1 in first 2 races now im trying to find the hire driver option that always used to be on pre race screen i cant find the option anywhere to hire driver i wonder i am being to lazy do i need to wait for the hire driver option to unlock further on in my career if someone could help please if they know if hire driver unlocks later or if i have a bugged game ???

It's on the Pre-Race screen between Tune Setup and Difficulty. It isn't on every race type though, you have to do autocross and bowling yourself. It may need to be unlocked, don't know about that.

Gizzy64
11-02-2011, 04:49 AM
No I not hire drivers. I like to race everything myself.

Xterm1n8or
11-03-2011, 03:40 PM
No because I bought this game to actually play myself :eek:

Besides, the AI in career mode are so slow it would take a lot longer completing events using a hired driver!

erod550
11-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I generally hire a driver if I really dislike what has been handed to me in World Tour. I hate Silverstone, Sedona Full and de Catalunya. So I will sometimes hire a driver for those. Really depends on the cars I have available as well, if I have a good car that handles well, I may gut it out.

Silverstone and Catalunya are two of my favorite tracks, heh. I do hate Sedona though in all forms.

TTR 683
11-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I never hired a driver in any game but GT4 with the enormous long endurances there! And in GT5 cause you can't play b-spec mode yourself! (wish you could, a-spec too small). Never even seen the option in Forza 3. I want to drive!! I hate manager games, fact.

Xbox3604Life
11-03-2011, 08:31 PM

ok if anyone wants to actually complete this game this year then do not hire drivers i tryed just once when it became availible in year 2 i think it was 3rd race i was about driver level 5 i will NEVER ever hire driver in this game again 1.its to slow. 2.you gain no driver or affinty xp. 3.hired rivers takes about 50% of your credits .

TwistedFate
11-03-2011, 08:45 PM
1.its to slow. 2.you gain no driver or affinty xp. 3.hired rivers takes about 50% of your credits .

1. Hired Drivers are equivalent to Hard AI and probably turn in lap times not too much slower than yours. They just aren't as aggressive in passing.

2. DUH!! You didn't drive it, why should you get experience?

3. DUH!! It's a HIRED driver, you have to pay him.

Hiring a driver is like masturbation. Most people do it, but nobody wants to admit to it. Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

JonathanT32
11-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Yeah I started hiring drivers around season 6. It just got boring. :drunk

John mathew
10-29-2012, 05:38 AM
I am believe on self driving so there is no need to hire drivers.Only my brother can prefer fast F1 drivers. Thanks to share your experience with me!! Cars for Hire Adelaide (http://aussiecarrentals.com.au/hire-prices/small-car-hire/)

PrivateLeFeuvre
11-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Personally, no hiring drivers for me. I am playing the game to race, and I enjoy doing so. Some races are a pain but they're just a part of the game. Every game has irritating moments. If you truly enjoy a game you can work past it until completion. Not to mention that I plan to go for all the Achievements so I don't think I can get them all if I were to hire a driver to race for me.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

SatNiteEduardo
11-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

Just seen this now.

Bucket List is mine and I drove every kilometre myself and a lot more for rivals, hotlapping and online.

Daniel55645
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Just seen this now.

Bucket List is mine and I drove every kilometre myself and a lot more for rivals, hotlapping and online.

wow thats dedication right there. when it came to bucketlist being the last achievement to get, I hired a driver for every single race and just watched tv or did other stuff.

PirateMatt1
11-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Hiring drivers would be nice if you could do another race while they are racing.

Aki2403
11-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

I've never said I'd never hire a driver, but for this one, and both previous Forzas I raced them all myself. What time I spend on the Xbox playing games I actually want to play games, not watch the Xbox playing them for me.

Skilled
12-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Nope, I bought this game to drive so drive I will!

iBuzz7S
12-26-2012, 12:13 PM
I just popped the game in today after 6+ months of inactivity. Hired a driver and will continue hiring a driver for a few more days.

I just can't be arsed to do it myself.

Goob X360a
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Yea I don't plan on using any hired drivers, but I am only on the 2nd season and bucket list is defiantly gonna be a GRIND.

Au Asterix
01-15-2013, 05:42 AM
I only started simming when I finished season 10.