PDA

View Full Version : Finally defeated Nicol Bolas...

Ari Haswari
10-23-2011, 05:11 PM
I finally managed to defeat Nicol Bolas in archenemy. Here is how I did it.

Used "Grave Whispers" deck for myself and my A.I. allies.
During game play I switched between mage (nicol) and planswalker (myself & allies) settings.
As for my deck I had unlocked 14/20 cards for this deck before I started the match.
Out of all the cards I had unlocked and the standard 60 cards that come with the deck once its unlocked I DIDN'T use the following cards when I played.
Consume Spirit (x2)
Mind Rot (x2) (used 2 of them out of the 4)
Syphon Mind

These are the cards I still hadn't unlocked before I started the match against Nicol Bolas.
Quag Sickness (x2)
Corrupt
Mortivore
Monomania
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen

All together I had 74 cards when I began my match against Nicol Bolas. And towards the end he even pulled out the play 3 schemes on your next turn. But I got lucky and killed him with Blood Tithe card. I also had "the rack", "Liliana's Caress", and "Demon's Horn". The Rack is the only one I had for most of the match. Also One of my allies had "Lilian's Caress" in play for most of the game as well. I'd recommend you make sure nicol doesn't have any card in his hand. That will help you greatly and it will be better if you have "The Rack" in play as well.

NOTE: I also used the grave whispers deck for all but one when I played as the archenemy in the expansion set.

Hope all of this information helps anyone else who is having problem defeating Nicol Bolas in archenemy.

CoachCO62
10-29-2011, 12:52 AM
I finally managed to defeat Nicol Bolas in archenemy. Here is how I did it.

Used "Grave Whispers" deck for myself and my A.I. allies.
During game play I switched between mage (nicol) and planswalker (myself & allies) settings.
As for my deck I had unlocked 14/20 cards for this deck before I started the match.
Out of all the cards I had unlocked and the standard 60 cards that come with the deck once its unlocked I DIDN'T use the following cards when I played.
Consume Spirit (x2)
Mind Rot (x2) (used 2 of them out of the 4)
Syphon Mind

These are the cards I still hadn't unlocked before I started the match against Nicol Bolas.
Quag Sickness (x2)
Corrupt
Mortivore
Monomania
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen

All together I had 74 cards when I began my match against Nicol Bolas. And towards the end he even pulled out the play 3 schemes on your next turn. But I got lucky and killed him with Blood Tithe card. I also had "the rack", "Liliana's Caress", and "Demon's Horn". The Rack is the only one I had for most of the match. Also One of my allies had "Lilian's Caress" in play for most of the game as well. I'd recommend you make sure nicol doesn't have any card in his hand. That will help you greatly and it will be better if you have "The Rack" in play as well.

NOTE: I also used the grave whispers deck for all but one when I played as the archenemy in the expansion set.

Hope all of this information helps anyone else who is having problem defeating Nicol Bolas in archenemy.

Pretty sure I just beat him using 3x guardians of wood deck, where if you can get out a headless one between the three decks you have a ton of elves in the battlefield usually get some pretty powerful creatures making it easy to kill all his creatures, the biggest drawback to guardians of the wood is no flying creatures.