PDA

View Full Version : Out tuesday, thoughts?

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
So i've been looking this up on youtube. surprisingly hardly any vids on it. this is shocking since it comes out in a few days.

so how do you think this will be? compared to DC,MJ,JD3, do you think this will be just as good?

i loved the movie but am skeptical.

any info/insight is appreciated :)

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Hey Panic, you play as many dance games as I play! I guess there was some confusion on the release date cause I got it today and I was told it was on display on Friday and not street dated. Anyway, I love the movie and have played most of the Grease games, including the DS version.

This one has the quirky stuff you would expect from a Grease game. In addition to dancing, you can sing and several combos of dancing and singing. There are also some mini games to add more play to a game with only 15 (I think, unless more unlock somewhere else.) The tracking seems very arm centric, there is some leg stuff but I found you don't have to be especially accurate. It uses a card system for the moves but it scrolls on the left side which keeps throwing me off. It paints the card bottom to top to let you know how long to do the current step which is also confusing. As for scoring, it uses a DDR style with ok, good, and perfect for the moves.

Achievement wise its pretty generous. The hardest will be doing a song with all perfects and you will need a friend for several but 1k is very doable for someone that can hit the perfects.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
damn we should team up then. but i'm john travolta lol. no wait i'll be danny lmao.

sounds interesting but i cant pass up grease.

i live in canada so you might get it before me. i'll check today after work.

gotta love grease. go grease lightin burnin up a quarter mile lmao.

see ya on the dance floor! oh oh abba is coming too ugh.

FunkSoulStrange
10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Abba might be my limit... but The Black Eyed Experience is something I gotta play! I'd love to get online and play but my account is current off because I got hit by a hacker that likes fifa and they need up to 25 days to refund my points. GRRR!

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-25-2011, 09:56 PM
that bites funk, hope its up soon.

abba, i had to laugh at too. plus only 25 songs.

as for grease, no one knows about it. damn why cant it be north america, which includes us poor cabadians too.

might have to order this online as i did with hogan lol.

FunkSoulStrange
10-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Its a little OT here. but how was the Hogan game... been thinking about trying it.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Its a little OT here. but how was the Hogan game... been thinking about trying it.

lmao OT with just the 2 of us on this board. who friggincares roflmao.

hogan, imo, is a really good wrestling game! i'm glad i bought it.

yet youtubers bash it like crazy ugh.

if you dont like games like powerup heroes. which uses flash cards to fight. than you wont like this one.

however, the flashcards work really well & make alot of sense when playing.

personally i enjoyed it. has lots of replay value but no online.

i'd say 8/10 rent it first if you're not sure. i had to buy mine from the states. ebgames out here dont even have grease listed!

so its back to the states again just for grease,lmao.

oh & we dont have that kinect device yet either. the one that helps with small rooms.

forgot to add i have an in depth review on it here on this site :)

however i seem to be the only one who likes hogan. i'm getting pummeled lmao.

you should see how negative the boards are over there, ouch!

after playing grease demo, me want! damn it sucks to be canadian at times! still no listings at ebgames.