PDA

View Full Version : AI Difficulty Problems

x Stealth
10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Ok so i got my copy of forza 4 yesterday and i am currently on 455g.
I am playing through my world tour mode to unlock the season achievements and the driver level achievements.
When i started up my world tour i set my AI difficulty to "Medium" and at the start it didnt seem to bad but now since season 2 i have had great difficulty to win races and sometimes havent won them and have had to spend alot of time tuning buying upgrades and in some cases cars, I would also class myself as a good racing game driver i am really interested in motorsport and i buying alot of racing games in forza motorsport 3 i didnt have any troubles like this i am close to 1000gs on forza 3, i have tried change the difficulty and it does not seem to do much.
also another problem i have is the cars do not handle very well i have traction control turned on and i still have rear end issues even with the race cars which should be better than road cars.
Any body else having any issues like these??

Thanks
x Stealth. :)

Andrewken
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
You can't set the difficulty for World Tour as far as I know/have heard it adapts to your play style over time.

x Stealth
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi thank you for your response.
But what i still do not understand is that when i set the difficulty to easy in the world tour option i still have the same trouble.

H2O
10-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Season play has adaptive difficulty so you don't set it and can't change it. Drive badly and the AI should slow down.

As for your traction issues..pass. I drive with no aids on and only have issues with the RWD R rated cars. R1s especially are VERY hard to keep on the track in 1st, 2nd, & sometimes 3rd. As soon as i turn on TC (no other aids) though it becomes almost too easy.

Try playing some of the lower classes with no aids (except no clutch) as if you can get used to it you'll be much faster.

x Stealth
10-24-2011, 11:08 AM
So if the season play is adaptive will this be the case when i come to complete all races in the event list?

And i drive with maunual gears and line on braking only abs on and traction control on too.
cars the are f-b class i seem to be able to win but anything above that seems pretty challenging atm and i just carnt understand why.

Aiden 514
10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
If I get stuck on a race I will buy the car that gives me the most trouble then upgrade it and tune it:)

H2O
10-24-2011, 11:15 AM
A+ Races the AI does seem more aggressive. If you turn abs off and tune you're brake pressure up to 115%+ (& slightly move the bias forward) then try braking with only a half to three quarter trigger pull you should be able to massively out brake the AI into the corners.

When racing from the event list i'm fairly sure you can set the AI just like in Forza 3.

Only season play is adaptive.

x Stealth
10-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Oh ok i think i understand now correct me if im wrong but in season play all you have to do is complete the races? (i know win gives more money so that is the aim) but if you do not win a race is does not matter you still procceed further on in the season.then once i go to event list i can set my difficulty and win all the races?

H2O
10-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Yep. Sounds right to me.

I've had a few second places in season play & other than less XP/credits it's made no difference that i can see. Also many of the season play races don't show up on the event list so winning them doesn't even count towards the completion achievement like it did in forza 3.

x Stealth
10-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Okay that is great thank you for your help i know understand how it works i just got a little confused :)

FeaRs
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Whenever your racing in World Tour Mode, the difficulty increases the farther you are along in it. There is no way to set it easier to you can win more races quicker unless you just play the Event Select.