PDA

View Full Version : Game keeps freezing on last level.

Fruhmann360
07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm in jedi, i blow up the death star and on the way out the game keeps freezing in the same spot. what's the deal?

The Pants Party
07-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Happened to me a few times, I don't think it can handle all those scene changes every time you turn a corner on the way out. Just restart your system and try again, usually works alright the second (or third) time through.

Fruhmann360
07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
alright. i'll give it a shot. i checked the disc and not a scratch or blemish on it.

think they'd release a patch or something for it.

KingPinn187
08-04-2007, 01:04 AM
That happened once to me during the regular story and just happened during the super story... 56min wasted ...this better not happen again.

Jabi1
08-04-2007, 01:24 PM
That happened to me when I was flying out of the second Death Star, it was so damn frustraiting to start all over again. But on the second time it didn't freeze.

WarriorPriest13
08-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones then. I played the final stage a dozen times and never had a freeze issue. Sorry to hear you guys are having this sort of trouble.

jaxtrip
08-12-2007, 03:37 AM
I had the same problem while completing super story, froze at the very end 3 TIMES!!! (Argggg!!!) Anyway, try turning off the bloom filter (set it to zero), I noticed once I did that the frames didn't slow down at all during the death star exit. Hope this saves someone some frustration...

Only do it for that level, cuz it looks like garbage...

JJBDude
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I keep thinking my brother is going to get the problem, the game freezes for 5 seconds at the end of each level but then loads and continues.

That's good advice there jaxtrip, I will remember this for the future, cheers. :)

ruff
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I had this problem but it just went away by itself

The disc wasn't scratched or nothin..

Paul2504
08-14-2007, 12:26 AM
This happened to me twice at the end of death star II when i was trying to get the undefeated achievement. But I persisted and got there in the end.

HoodMod
08-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Thought it was just me because my 360 freezes up all the time. Planning on getting a new one soon.

Shinobi273
08-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Well, if you get red-ring then it is your 360. Just do as jaxtrip says, decrease your rendering. I couldn't really tell the difference because of all the action going on.

Bear
09-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Might just be a bad disc my kept freezing at the same point in the game at the start of a level so i took it back and demanded another disc :woop:

HeroFromHyrule
09-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Super Story Ep. VI is the ONLY gold brick I still need, and of course the game freezes on me as I'm exiting the Death Star. I'm not happy with wasting an hour of my life, but I'll try again later on. Thanks for the tip on decreasing the bloom, I'll be sure and try that.

EDIT: I gave it another shot today, turned the bloom down to 0 on the last level, and completed it successfully. =) Now I just need to work on the Undefeated Achievements.

killedbob
11-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I had the same problem with the last level. It finally let me finish the escape run the 4th or 5th time I tried it.

* Clueless *
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
try turning off the bloom filter (set it to zero), I noticed once I did that the frames didn't slow down at all during the death star exit.

I don't know what bloom filter is, or how I could do that. There is no bloom filter option in my pause menu. Help?

EDIT: I figured out what bloom filter is. You need to update your game to access it in the options tab after you pause the game. Hope this helps anyone who didn't know what bloom filter was either.

HellRaiser785
01-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Ugh, just had my game freeze on me during the last level while on super story. Episode VI is hard enough as it is damnit!

drakehellsing
01-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Mine froze just as the cutscene at the end was going to finish, so I didn't get the achievement.

I was too lazy to play the level again, especially since the game had to go back the next day and I was getting tired....

Kmoney roc
01-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Im suffering with the same problem, trying to get my last achievement on the death star escape and today was the first time i got out without being killed and ......freeze. This is happening to so many people that im ruling out my xbox being the problem.

Rink Rat 55
02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
That happened once to me during the regular story and just happened during the super story... 56min wasted ...this better not happen again.

I am pissed. This precise thing happened to me at the VERY end of the tunnel on super story mode but I was at 1 hour and 1.2 mins. Since I past past the completion time, I woudn't get my last gold brick I needed anyway.

Still, if happens again and I am below the limit...:mad:

StumpyFlesh
02-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Anyway, try turning off the bloom filter (set it to zero), I noticed once I did that the frames didn't slow down at all during the death star exit.

This seems to be the solution everyone. I read all the posts here and everyone that tried this had no troubles with it. I will have to remember to do so when I do that level tomorrow, and I will let you know if I have any troubles with it.

EDIT: The bloom filter change works perfectly! I had absolutely no trouble with the game freezing after beating the last level.

WrottenSandwich
02-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Same thing Stumpy I did the level 3 times and froze everytime. Today I turned off "Bloom Filtering" and I also turned off "vibration" just to make sure and it worked perfectly...... Fin game complete file!!

I Deus I
03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Great to hear there is a solution for this pathetic 'glitch' in the game twice ive got to the end of the super story 56-58 mins escaping the death star, surely going to make it when Blam xbox freezes f in twice! such a waste of time so frustrating so ill try the bloom crap later and post the outcome.
Thanks

pavementpoop
03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
i went back to play this today, the game that is, i thought i would try complete it i've got 97.7 completed of the game and only have the last superstory to unlock all 99 bricks, just frozzen at the last level on the super story hell wat a waste, and to think i have to do it all over again. makes me wanna cry lol. if i ever get round to trying it again i'll try that method :)

I Deus I
03-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Bloom Filter set to 0 works great. managed to complete the super story and then also the death star ii undefeated, thanks alot guys