PDA

View Full Version : My first impression!

Haseo22
10-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Golf 7/10

It works good, but i find it cheap that there is only 9 holes to play in.

Darts 10/10

I'm really impressed by this one, after playing party in motion, i can say that any Darts Fan will be pleased with this one! Me and my wife had a blast playing this one, you have a aim reticule following your hand and the aim lock on when you draw back your arm to you and depending on how straight you throw, it will go to where your aim was! VERY FUN!

Baseball 8/10

It is very fun, the only reason why i say 8/10 is because of the kinect latency that remove you a bit from the imersion... when you control the batter, you have to hit a good second before the ball get to you, but seriously, i dont find this a game breaker!

So far, i can say that this game is as good as the first one, even if it was not made entirely by Rare! :)

The other 3 sports i didnt try it yet, but will do tommorow!

( English isnt my first language )

:P

ScoobyWRX555
10-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I like golf (well crazy/mini golf to be precise) and tennis, luckily they were the two in the demo so i was looking forward to these.

I can see why they are pushing the voice tech as it's easier, well as the main review says you repeat it louder each time like talking to a pensioner. (Actually I can see the resemblence of this voice tech with some office apps that my work & MS worked on - same results happened there too, esp translating language dialects, with funny results) Anyways...

First I had a bad feeling about Big Park joining forces. Why I wondered with the not so popular joy ride, if anything Good Science did a better job with Adventures. I agree with what was said didn't feel like it had enough Rare input.

Golf seemed ok, just leaving it on default direction & club did just fine. club selection got abit annoying as it was too sensitive.

Tennis a let down. No need to serve just start raising your arm and the ball shoots off. The few goes I tried I couldn't properly position the ball or topspin/slice it. If the ball is to your backhand and you want to forehand it you're going to miss it.

really disappointed in the tennis so will have to go back to virtua tennis 3 which was excellent and get my tennis fix there.

Skiing could have been interesting if they did the track'n'field style. so slalom, moguls, long jump, freestyle.

so are there the same number of events/sub events as the first season?

MastrMeatWad
10-25-2011, 08:53 PM
I like golf (well crazy/mini golf to be precise) and tennis, luckily they were the two in the demo so i was looking forward to these.

I can see why they are pushing the voice tech as it's easier, well as the main review says you repeat it louder each time like talking to a pensioner. (Actually I can see the resemblence of this voice tech with some office apps that my work & MS worked on - same results happened there too, esp translating language dialects, with funny results) Anyways...

First I had a bad feeling about Big Park joining forces. Why I wondered with the not so popular joy ride, if anything Good Science did a better job with Adventures. I agree with what was said didn't feel like it had enough Rare input.

Golf seemed ok, just leaving it on default direction & club did just fine. club selection got abit annoying as it was too sensitive.

Tennis a let down. No need to serve just start raising your arm and the ball shoots off. The few goes I tried I couldn't properly position the ball or topspin/slice it. If the ball is to your backhand and you want to forehand it you're going to miss it.

really disappointed in the tennis so will have to go back to virtua tennis 3 which was excellent and get my tennis fix there.

Skiing could have been interesting if they did the track'n'field style. so slalom, moguls, long jump, freestyle.

so are there the same number of events/sub events as the first season?

It sounds like Darts is the clear winner within Kinect sports 2. I will read more reviews but so far it seems I will be waiting for a price drop. I am a sad panda. I really enjoyed the first though.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
i was looking forward to this. after reading the review on this site. i have some very serious doubts now.

from what i understand, darts & golf & baseball are good games. this leaves the other 3 games as being very bad.

football has no defense! tennis is worse than last years table tennis. it has lag. sking is on rails & requires little effort.

no offense, i own kinect, but how could they make it worse than the wii versions?

this site gave it a 60 overall. which means a 6/10. half the games are good. the others are crap!

can someone who owns this explain a few things to me.

i know golf is 9 holes. so how long are the other sports?

i was going to get this today. sounds like bigpark messed it up though.

also mentioned was how off the voice thing is.

what do you guys & gals think? is it worth full price?

ScoobyWRX555
10-26-2011, 09:19 PM
yeah for this premium title it had no reason not to be way better than the first and certainl better than the wii. ive got a number of games on my list at the moment so would be getting it a little later anyway.

It is a shame that Rare part wrote this as its poor performance could affect them badly and would hate to see yet another British developer close down, theres been too many recently so i would like to support them.

Sinsko
10-27-2011, 02:49 AM
First, thanks for the review.. this helps! The 6 announced sports seem kind of rough... all the "RUNNING IN PLACE" stuff honestly feels kind of lame... where as sports on the previous title were pretty cool (although they did have track lol).

Fencing would have been cool (had they stole it from the Wii Resort), but hey, theres always season 3 for that!

As far as laggy input issues etc, hopefully a patch will fix those issues (i havent experienced em yet, but havent played the sports that people have been saying theres lag in). If anything, im glad the sports kinect library is building as with these interactive games - they're imo the best types.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-27-2011, 08:05 PM
after a year, i would have thought we'd see full versions of these games too.

as for rare, i like them. they made awesome stuff on the N64.

last years KS was awesome & i really enjoyed it.

but when people start to say. wii resort/sports is better. than i start to be conserned.

lets hope things get better :)

anyone know why no full sports games yet?

forza4 could have done the full game. i bought it & it works great with kinect. but thats a seperate topic lmao.

thanks everyone :)

ScoobyWRX555
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Panic, how is kinect with Forza? Its another on the list just too many just now. halo, skyrim, of course then theres star wars and ME 3 - but why again just voice, why not the hand actions for the spells.

a kinect dungeon would be great 2-handed swords, 2 swords, sword&shield, staffs, fires spells from your palms, join your hands to make one giant fire ball, so much choice and actions.calm down, maybe 2nd gen could cope with it...

opps yes apologies to the OP for hijacking.

Sinsko
10-27-2011, 11:52 PM
After a lot more time with this game, I find myself a little bit on the sad side with it. The sports offered just aren't too mind blowing, and feel somewhat incomplete.

It's fun, but it's a lot more shallow than Season 1.

the action frampton
10-28-2011, 11:11 PM
My scores so far;

Darts 11/10 (yep, cranked up to 11 lol)
Golf 7/10
Baseball 7/10 (baseball achievements are very easy; got them all in one game)

Baihu1983
10-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Im actually enjoying all the sports.

Sure i would like more to the football game, defending mainly and more mini games but im enjoying the gme and glad i bought it.

Tennis is better now that i know stepping forward gives you a power shot.

MILINKYO
11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm I playing the same game?? Darts is unplayable

Baihu1983
11-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Have you set it up right? Ive had no problems with Darts.

MILINKYO
11-01-2011, 01:46 PM
How do I set it up?? I'm I going wrong somewhere??

Baihu1983
11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Did it ask you to select a position for the camera? Also try calibrating Kinect again.

litepink
11-01-2011, 05:11 PM
The game grew on me a little bit, but I still enjoyed KS1 loads better. I actually liked Darts though, I thought the accuracy was very precise...like real darts...can't expect triple 20's every throw without extreme patience.

I was dissapointed in Tennis, Football, and Baseball. I had some fun with each but not quite like I had hoped.

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey Panic, how is kinect with Forza? Its another on the list just too many just now. halo, skyrim, of course then theres star wars and ME 3 - but why again just voice, why not the hand actions for the spells.

a kinect dungeon would be great 2-handed swords, 2 swords, sword&shield, staffs, fires spells from your palms, join your hands to make one giant fire ball, so much choice and actions.calm down, maybe 2nd gen could cope with it...

opps yes apologies to the OP for hijacking.

forza is awesome! you can take any car on any track in freeroam. however no career or rivals. which i feel strongly should have & could have been done!

as for a dungeon game, hell ya! i've been saying all along it can be done & it can! when you look at rise of nightmares & disneys magic wand. thats all you need to pull it off!

so bring out a skyrim on kinect please :)

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Im actually enjoying all the sports.

Sure i would like more to the football game, defending mainly and more mini games but im enjoying the gme and glad i bought it.

Tennis is better now that i know stepping forward gives you a power shot.

big league sports is out on the 8th. it has over 18 challenges & has most of the sports here. including golf, hockey :). i watched a youtube vid on a trailler. looks very promissing :)