PDA

View Full Version : Legit or Boosted?

xOhNoes11
10-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm wondering how people feel about getting their achievements for this game either boosted or legit. Most notably, Purewal Memorial Cup and Alpha and Omega.

For me, I'd get them legit but I do understand the holidays are upcoming with new games such as Halo CE Anniversary, MW3, and Skyrim (SWEET JESUS THAT'S GOOD) which means that people just want to plow through the game as fast as they can.

I'm just curious. lol

IVIR BLOBBY
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
i got mine legit but it was boring as hell, boosting is quicker & less boring. i failed purewal memorial cup on my second run just had to sit in the royal flush bathroom ignoring survivors &completing the story for the 72 hours. really boring

BounTyHunteR Zero
10-25-2011, 01:10 PM
After doing the Story Mode 3 times drinking nothing but Orange Juice and not getting Purewal Memorial Cup. I could not Care. its the only Achievement in the Game I am Missing and it won't unlock no matter what I try

Nevander
10-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm trying to do them legit. I did Alpha vs. Omega last night, expecting to get Purewal Memorial Cup but it glitched on me or something went wrong. So I have to do it AGAIN. :mad:

Buruma
10-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Legit. Worked first try, despite the game crashing/glitching out several times. Thank goodness.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
10-25-2011, 06:41 PM
well after doing the other dead risings these achievements sound stupidly easy so i will do them legit.

if they glitched out on me several times i would boost them

JuSt BLaZe
10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
If you're talking about these achievements only, TOTALLY LEGIT, no need to boost. Also if I think about the word BOOSTING, Dead Rising would be the very last game on my list to refer it to.

xOhNoes11
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
If you're talking about these achievements only, TOTALLY LEGIT, no need to boost. Also if I think about the word BOOSTING, Dead Rising would be the very last game on my list to refer it to.

Oh yeah Dead Rising isn't a game I would call boostable, but seriously I think every other thread and post that I see in this forum is either bitching about Purewal or A&O or "oh please help me cause I don't want to do it myself." Unfortunately though, I understand when an achievement doesn't unlock and how frustrating it can be.

JuSt BLaZe
10-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah Dead Rising isn't a game I would call boostable, but seriously I think every other thread and post that I see in this forum is either bitching about Purewal or A&O or "oh please help me cause I don't want to do it myself." Unfortunately though, I understand when an achievement doesn't unlock and how frustrating it can be.

Also true. It's just for people who don't have enough time (work, family, etc.) & want to max out a game ASAP, as you already mentioned.

xOhNoes11
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Also true. It's just for people who don't have enough time (work, family, etc.) & want to max out a game ASAP, as you already mentioned.

Actually, I forgot about people who actually have lives..

wait a minute..

LolipopGuild
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I will gladly do the achievements legit, but when I follow a guide exactly, spend approximately 7 hours playing through the story for one achievement, and then not getting it, I would like to boost. I've gone through the story two extra times now just for the Purewal achievement and still haven't gotten it.

I don't have anyone to help me get the achievement, so I will have to end up playing through again (and again and again and...)

The Nonexistenc
10-29-2011, 07:48 AM
I honestly, absolutely try to get my achievements legitimately. But there's a certain OCD I feel that overrides that (want at least 70% of gamerscore and 4 rows of achievements available for retail; weird, I know).

So for games where it's extremely MP-based (FEAR, Wolfenstein) and the online is dead, there's not much of a choice but to boost.

I don't need 100%, but not having 70% is quite painful.

That said, I'm proud to have almost every achievement in all main DR games (1000'd DR1 and DR2, 200'd CZ and CW, just short 3 achievements fo OtR!), all gotten legitimately. This is one of my absolutely favorite game series of all time.

xOhNoes11
10-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I honestly, absolutely try to get my achievements legitimately. But there's a certain OCD I feel that overrides that (want at least 70% of gamerscore and 4 rows of achievements available for retail; weird, I know).

So for games where it's extremely MP-based (FEAR, Wolfenstein) and the online is dead, there's not much of a choice but to boost.

I don't need 100%, but not having 70% is quite painful.

That said, I'm proud to have almost every achievement in all main DR games (1000'd DR1 and DR2, 200'd CZ and CW, just short 3 achievements fo OtR!), all gotten legitimately. This is one of my absolutely favorite game series of all time.

Yeah I understand that multiplayer for the most part has to be boosted, but I'm just curious as to what people think about Purewal and A&O being done legit instead of having a save for someone, which is nice, but defeats the purpose of even trying. The only mitigating factor I feel is if it doesn't unlock over several playthroughs and in that case I would do it because I'd be just as frustrated.

Lonegunman718
12-24-2011, 08:53 AM
after doing Alpha vs. Omega and Purewal Memorial Cup not popping i gave it another go. Purewal Memorial Cup glitched again and now on the 3rd try in case 3-2 the system freezes in the cut scene. this is going to be one i join someone with a save file at case 7-1 cause im not doing this a 4th time.

EDIT: cleared the cashe again, went back up stairs to Palisades mall killed off two survivors so i had only 4 and its working again thank god if this achievement doesnt pop im be pissed!

EDIT2: fucking achievement didnt pop i'm hopping into someones game for this one and if that fails i'll save a new game on a usb stick and start fresh :(

UpTheRa
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Legit is more rewarding and makes me feel proud of myself :woop:

but I have no problem with boosters, except maybe in CoD.