PDA

View Full Version : Phial Help please.

Me55iah
07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm having trouble getting to one of the secret phials and I hope someone can help.

I'm on the Evolutions Story and its the 3rd Phial in Canopy Forest level. I need to get to a platform that was being used by a sniper, and to get to it I need to jump to a pair of trees - I can see the markings on the tree but each time I jump to the first I just fall to my death - can anyone help?

Me55iah
08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Please someone help!!

I've got all the secrets from the Instincts story but this is stopping me going forward with Evolution, everytime I jump to the tree I just bounce off it - I've only ever managed to stick to it once and then I couldnt grab the 2nd tree.

I'm desperate - I must be doing something wrong... :confused:

Me55iah
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for re-opening.

Being as accurate as I can - I'm playing the Evolutions Story and the Canopy Forest level. If you read through the list of secret phial locations this one is Number 3, shortly after you start to work your way through the level using the platforms and wooden bridges.

I'm at the location of the first transmitter which you need to destroy and the platform I need to get to is close by - 2 platforms before this one, I need to jump to a tree using the feral abilities, then onto another tree before jumping to the platform with the phial, which also has a sniper (until you kill him of course).

The problem I am having is, is that I cannot jump to the tree's, I just keep bouncing off, falling and dying - I must be doing something wrong as I can't believe its that difficult - can anyone give me an idiots guide to jumping to a tree?

Daggermn
08-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry, dude. Unfortunately, I am not at that part yet. But I am stuck as well on finding one of the tubes. I am looking for the 5th phial, the last one on the first level of the instincts story. This is the one around the area where your jeep jums the broken bridge. I have read 2 different discriptions of where this one is, but it does not make sense to me. Where is this phial? Is it in the ravene that you jump over? or is it befor the jump? If anyone can help me as well that would be really cool. Thanks.

Daggermn
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Nevermind. I found the stupid phial I was looking for. I thought it was around the frist bridge. The guide is not very clear with details. Anyways. sorry for taking from your thread about the phial you need dude.

bernardo5
08-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for re-opening.

Being as accurate as I can - I'm playing the Evolutions Story and the Canopy Forest level. If you read through the list of secret phial locations this one is Number 3, shortly after you start to work your way through the level using the platforms and wooden bridges.

I'm at the location of the first transmitter which you need to destroy and the platform I need to get to is close by - 2 platforms before this one, I need to jump to a tree using the feral abilities, then onto another tree before jumping to the platform with the phial, which also has a sniper (until you kill him of course).

The problem I am having is, is that I cannot jump to the tree's, I just keep bouncing off, falling and dying - I must be doing something wrong as I can't believe its that difficult - can anyone give me an idiots guide to jumping to a tree?

I don't know if you figured this one out already, but I thought I'd respond just in case you didn't. I had trouble with this one too.

Stand on the platform from which you'll be jumping to the first tree. (This will NOT be the platform with the mounted machine gun on it, but the platform 2 platforms back from that one. If you're standing on the edge of the correct platform, and looking directly at the vial platform, you'll be facing Northeast. Of the 2 trees that are marked with yellow ferral scent, it is the tree on your left that you'll want to jump to.)

The reason why you're likely not sticking to the tree is because you're aiming too much to the left at the time you jump. Notice that the edge of the platform ledge from which your jumping has a little point on it. You should jump right from that point upwards and towards the RIGHT side of the tree. By doing that you should land in the center of the yellow ferral scent trace, which I believe is the key to sticking to the tree.

Remember to charge your A button before your jump so that you'll reach the tree, and to also point your gun site upwards so that you'll land high enough to stick to the yellow scent trace. Also, after you've charged the A button and released it to jump, don't push it again until you've climbed to the top and you're ready to jump to the platform with the vial. You really don't need to jump to that second tree to get to the platform with the vial if you climb high enough on the first tree. (I think that tree is there for you to use to jump BACK to the platform that you came from to begin with. You don't have to even do that though, since after you have the vial you can just reload from your last save point.) Feel free to stop your climb and look around to see how much yellow trace you still have above you. (If you run out of trace you'll fall!) You can also look over to the vial platform to aim your jump from the tree accurately.

If you still can't do this, go back to the helicopter and drop to the ground below. Stand away from the tree that you used to get up to the helicopter the first time and just practice jumping (into the center of the yellow trace) until you've got it down.

Hope that helps.

Me55iah
08-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Nevermind. I found the stupid phial I was looking for. I thought it was around the frist bridge. The guide is not very clear with details. Anyways. sorry for taking from your thread about the phial you need dude.

No problem, I had the exact same trouble with that one..

bernardo - thanks for the PM - sorted now though. :)