PDA

View Full Version : Rockband in upcoming Gamepro!

theforcemonkey
07-29-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't read that crapheap, but someone on Rockband forums does, this is what they have to say:

Just got the new issue of Gamepro in the mail and it has a 3-page article on rockband. There are two new bits of big info that I got out of the article. First there is a quote about the venues of the World Tour Mode and here it is:

"Road Trip
Put the roadies to work! In Band World Tour mode, you'll be rocking socks off in these famous rock cities across the globe...in real venues!

- Amsterdam
- Berlin
- Boston (three confirmed venues: Charles Pub, in Somerville, The Establishment in Cambridge, and Hancock Theatre)
- Chicago
- London
- Los Angeles
- Moscow
- New York
- Paris
- Reykjavik
- Rio de Janeiro
- Rome
- Seattle
- San Francisco
- Stockholm
- Sydney
- Tokyo"

And that isn't it also it says that along with The Who's "Who's Next" album being available for download, Nirvana's "Nevermind" is also confirmed to hit after launch.

Then it says another little fact about the World Tour mode where it says "You'll tour an astonishing 41 venues in the game's World Tour Mode"

And last but not least, in the final paragraph it says, "On November 6, clear some space. Your living room is your stage, and your fans span the globe" So this might mean a Nov. 6th release date so far! Hey that's better than a Nov. 20th release date.

Link: http://www.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2204 (http://www.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=2204)

Full album of Nevermind? Nov. 6th release date? This thing just keeps getting better and better.

codedigital
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
However, the rest of the news is great. I'm really excited for this one. Great find.

nightmare975
07-31-2007, 02:03 AM
I can't stand Nirvana...best thing that happened to his head was that shotgun. Hahahaha.

I love it when I hear comments scream "DOUCHE!" to the entire world.

Back on topic, an earlier release date sounds great. Gives me less time to wait over it.

Shaaady Souljah
07-31-2007, 02:16 AM
yeah. keep your opinions in check...especially about the deceased. not appropriate.

i can not wait to get some drums up in this bitch ;) ROCK ON!!!
that's cool that full albums are up for purchase. i love that idea.

spikedzombies
07-31-2007, 02:34 AM
I can't stand Nirvana...best thing that happened to his head was that shotgun. Hahahaha.

Your comment screams "IM A TOTAL DUMBASS" more than anything ive seen on this forums. +1 to you being a douche also.

Shaaady Souljah
07-31-2007, 02:39 AM
Your comment screams "IM A TOTAL DUMBASS" more than anything ive seen on this forums. +1 to you being a douche also.

it has already been established that his comment was out of line. we do not need further confirmation.

anyone else mentioning it here will be dealt with properly. let's talk about this rockin game ;)

Fonkey Monkey
07-31-2007, 02:43 AM
i realize that 'nevermind' appeals to a wide audience, but i hope they can come up with better full albums than that.

Shaaady Souljah
07-31-2007, 02:57 AM
nevermind is an icon. a classic. regardless of how some may feel. but i agree: there could be others that are just as good.

my picks off the top of my head would be:
RHCP — Californication
Green Day — Dookie
Offspring — Smash or Americana

Fonkey Monkey
07-31-2007, 03:14 AM
i would love to see sublime's self titled or 40 oz. to freedom.
maybe even the beastie boys but i dont think they qualify

edit: oh yea and the gym class heroes but again thats more rap oriented than rock

theforcemonkey
07-31-2007, 03:31 AM
i realize that 'nevermind' appeals to a wide audience, but i hope they can come up with better full albums than that.

Well, check this out - the game is a little over three months away, and they've already announced two amazing albums for download. I'm getting Nevermind and Who's Next. If they can have this stuff ready before the game even ships - they've got an aggressive strategy. I'm sure they'll have something announced that interests you before you can even snag a copy.

Shaaady Souljah
07-31-2007, 03:33 AM
40 oz. to freedom would be a great pick as well. And i personally love the Gym Class Heroes as well, but it is not nearly as iconic as the others.

Others that would be favs for many fans of the game:
Metallica — Master of Puppets (or any album I suppose)
Pink Floyd — The Wall
Foo Fighters — The Colour and the Shape

nightmare975
07-31-2007, 05:00 AM
I agree with Pink Floyd, but I think Dark Side of the moon would be a better choice.

spikedzombies
07-31-2007, 05:35 AM
Metallica - Black album i think would be a better choice..

AC/DC - Back in Black?
The Eagles - Hotel California?
Are You Expreienced? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Green River - CCR?

codedigital
07-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Sorry there guys. I was just repeating a remark my friend says all the time. Totally out of line and completely unlike me as most of you know.

I hope my apology is accepted.

ElementalSoBe
08-02-2007, 01:57 AM
this game is gunna rock , i think its gunna be way better then GH3

theforcemonkey
08-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I agree with Pink Floyd, but I think Dark Side of the moon would be a better choice.

Wrong again! The correct answer is a tie between "Wish You Were Here" and "The Division Bell." :nana

skatersurf
08-02-2007, 03:11 AM
wow up until now i was leaning towards gh3 but now im not sure this game sounds like its gonna have a lot of good features