PDA

View Full Version : Ok so now i'm F****** and I hate this game

BenWo
10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Ok first off I would like to sy that I am obsessed with resident evil games, in fact they are my favourite video game series of all time...

But this game takes the p***!!!

I love the story of this game... It's really interesting and I love that Wesker is in it as he'y my fav character but it's everything else...

Ok so I'm no novice when it comes to these and for all intence and purposes I can complete them all quite easily which I have done on many occasions...

However this title I missed out on back in the Dreamcast days as I never fully played through it at the time...

The difficulty is F******* rediculous!!!

Seriously!!!

There are next to NO health items, there is hardly any ammo for any gun and sometimes normal Zombies can take up to 5 shots with the Shotgun to die!!! WTF!!!

They place multiple HARD enemies in one room that RESPAWN every time you come back in!!!

**SPOILER ALERT***

Now to top it off I have not only just done the incredibly annoying part when returning as Claire and having to beat that FAT Steve Monster b****** with NO SAVES and that stupid metal thing that crushes you instantly...

Then it goes back to Chris and oh look... Instant Alexia first form battle...

I have the enhanced handgun with 18 shots and THAT'S IT!!! No other ammo since they refuse to give you any and have a million enemies...

So that's it i'm fucked and can go no further and it's really p****** me off as no other Resident Evil game is this much of a B*****

merzitar
10-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Ok, here's my input. When you first start the game, it can be quite difficult, but once you get the hang of it and learn all the little tips, it's actually not that hard. Ammo isn't as limited as it seems, and the Shotgun actually kills zombies in one hit if you aim up and shoot their face. However, I actually don't bother killing most zombies now. Did you know that if done correctly, when a zombie grabs you, you can actually push them off before they have time to bite you? Which means that no health will be taken from you. Overall, it's a decent game and is probably one of the hardest Resident Evil games made. Also, I'm interested in what you claim about multiple hard enemies that respawn. I can't remember any room like that except for the moth room (which do actually piss me right off). I will say that I hate Chris' handgun - I now use Claire's custom handgun on Hunters. AND OH GOD, THAT CRUSHING BRICK THING!!! I was doing my A-Rank attempt - I do quite well, and I get to that part... I'm usually fine with it but what happens? CLAIRE IS A STUPID IDIOT AND TAKES FOREVER TO PICK THE ITEM UP AND I GET CRUSHED!!! FUUU-- You can imagen that I screamed. Luckily, I was able to start from the half way point (Claire in Antarctica) and did it my second attempt.

So yeah, I think that the more you play Code: Veronica, the easier it gets. Well, I guess that's like most games, really.

BenWo
10-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah I agree with you... There are tricks and tips that help, I'm just venting because now there is nothing I can do and there is no way I can defeat Alexia with 18 shots so I'm screwed and it just feels unfair after so much effort...

I still love the game and the series but this has ruined my playthrough now.

BenWo
10-27-2011, 11:02 PM
OMFG I actually did it!!! After like a million attempts!!!

18 Handgun bullets, 1 Green Herb and a Knife to the face!!!

So bloody lucky... I got her crest now I just nee to figure out what's next but I'm back in business!!!

merzitar
10-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel. When I played the PS2 version in 2001 I never completed it because I found it too hard. Then, when I got the Xbox 360 version, I was shit too. In the end, I restarted my save because I used too much health and I did better. I found many parts of it to be difficult still, but I did better. Surprisingly, it doesn't take as long as it seems lol.

But well done for getting this far.

Teh Paralyzer
10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
OMFG I actually did it!!! After like a million attempts!!!

18 Handgun bullets, 1 Green Herb and a Knife to the face!!!

So bloody lucky... I got her crest now I just nee to figure out what's next but I'm back in business!!!

Glad to hear it :)

BenWo
10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the input guys... I finally finished the game in the early hours of this morning... Lol

The last boss was even worse!!!

I didn't have the magnum and I had like 9 shots in the grenade launcher...

Took forever to defeat that second form, those awful little plant things!!! Grrrrr!!!

Finally done though...

I LOVE WESKER lol

Now I gotta do my A rank playthrough and I'm actually looking forward to doing everything right this time! Lol

merzitar
10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Congratulations! When I completed it, I had quite a lot of ammo left if I'm honest. I would definitley not recommend killing every enemy you see (not sure if you did or not). Also, I ran past most of the Bandersnatches.

Teh Paralyzer
10-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys... I finally finished the game in the early hours of this morning... Lol

The last boss was even worse!!!

I didn't have the magnum and I had like 9 shots in the grenade launcher...

Took forever to defeat that second form, those awful little plant things!!! Grrrrr!!!

Finally done though...

I LOVE WESKER lol

Now I gotta do my A rank playthrough and I'm actually looking forward to doing everything right this time! Lol

Just make sure youre ready for the Steve fight. You'll do fine.

merzitar
10-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Just make sure youre ready for the Steve fight. You'll do fine.
I agree. Just have two full herbs and you'll be fine. Remember that you can also save only once (When it says you have finished Part 1).

akamatzu
10-28-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember playing this back on the playstation 2, was pretty easy. I prefer the old style then the RE4 and 5 style.

merzitar
10-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I remember playing this back on the playstation 2, was pretty easy. I prefer the old style then the RE4 and 5 style.
I prefer the old style, too. Don't get me wrong, I love Resident Evil 4 to death (Resident Evil 5 is great for Versus), but when you compare it to the older style...

Destro
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Well i did that game one time back when it was on dreamcast, never did it entirely again after that exept a rocket launcher run for fun.... But i remember i had to start again because i waste my stuff back then....

So now 10 years later pretty much, i did it again and i can say it was not the best run you can have (9+ hours, D rank) but i finished it with a bunch of stuff left and i still missed the magnum. I was sure i put the extinctor in the chest, but i may have died or whatever and forgot to take it again. BUT here was how i did my run

1) Kept all machine guns for Chris, AK-47, Sub Machine of the beginning, and again i guess i died but i had took the other machine guns and when i look at the chest at the end they where gone... but well didn't need them anyway.

2) Knife, Knife, Bow Gun for the beginning of the game. This game give you a shit tons of arrows, and there is around 50 arrows you can make an explosive of it, so you can abuse of the arrows on regular zombies. I also knife the ennemies a lot at the beginning

3) Kept the first 30 explosives arrows for the Tyrant, first and second encounter, he fall pretty fast, touched me one time in the plane, had to use a couple nades too, but nothing important.

4) Make sure to get the shotty before leaving the island

When i was aproaching the end with Chris, i tought i could get short on healing items, but i still had 2 sprays, a full plant, well i was not that bad... but still.. But damn 20 explosives arrows and it took like 1 or 2 to make Alexia go to second form and then not even 10 to make her fly and blast her off with the linear... Missed a couple time, but used only 1 healing item just in case... So in the end i barely used the shotty, didn't had the magnum... but kept the nades for hunters(and the big spider) and the explosives arrows for big boss, and there you go. I run passed a lot the banders with Claire too. I killed MOST of the zombies, exept the ones i knew i would never return to the zone.

As for the Alexia and Chris Battles, yeah i know if you dosen't arm yourself before it, your screw. Happened for Claire, in my memories i knew i had to run but i didn'T remember Steve was slashing you, i tough running immediately made it a one go without damage, but nope... so had to return there and i had only 2 full herbs, and a couple green/blue ones, that was not the best setting, but i manage to use only 1 for full healing when he got me, he touched me i think one more time but i manage to arrive at the end before another one.

As for Alexia... i had put the AK-47 in case on Chris... i remembered the scene was in that part or so... i agree if you never knew the game, this part is BS, since you have to way to acces a chest or whatever. But with the full AK, she took 30% of it... not bad, not to mention she didn't touched me either... easy to fight.

So thats about it, yeah this RE is challenging, more than the others, and there is no super duper easy mode like RE3, but its what make it the MOST COMPLETE old school RE. Its my favorite and yet i done it only 2 time(if we dont count the rocket run) entirely...

But the story... its so damn well done, the atmosphere of some of the location(torture chambers, the mansion with the bats, with creepy music playing)

Im not saying the other RE are not good, there awesome, but this one i think explain a lot on the serie with the Ashfords, the origins of some elements, and like i already said, the story is way deeper than the other games.

And SPOILER if you have not finish it yet....

Not to mention the superb epic ending, its just too bad they didn't continue on that... Its Time to destroy umbrella, NOW ... They replaced a true last RE with the fall of Umbrella by RE4 that have nearly no link to the serie, and a shitty explanation on how umbrella crashed... yeah right...

Albel Nox
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Odd. I just finished it tonight and I was swimming in weapons, ammo, and recovery items. I actually took a few minutes to decide what I all wanted to take with me to use against Alexia. Lol

And I killed 98% or so of the enemies. Only things I never waste ammo on are those damn spiders that take an unbelievable amount of rounds to put down.

Flyinjew
12-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I haven't touched it since the original dream cast version when it came out, but aren't there some bullets and herbs in the room with alexia?