PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Tracking Problems

ToKeN2k6
10-28-2011, 01:11 AM
For such a highly reviewed game and geared towards kids, my son and I are having an awfully hard time playing this game. arghh! :uzi:

first, why if one person is in front of the screen, a figure is constantly in one corner waving his hand? Is it b/c Kinect sees another person (say on the couch) and they wave to join in? And then if two people are playing, how does one drop out?? There will be times when its just my son in front of the camera, but 3 hands remain and the tracking is all off..so frustrating.

I can't be the only one having these kind of problems. Also 'pulling apart' the pages to start the chapter is proving difficult. IDK maybe I need to spend some hardcore time re-calibrating the Kinect, but I don't have problems with any other games..

Scrapdaddy
10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
It's hard to troubleshoot someone's Kinect problems because there are so many variables. For us, this game performed the best with every light on or during the day. Lighting really is a key.

Like most kinect games, you sometimes have to remind kids to be more deliberate in their movements. I know my 2 youngest tend to spaz out and the Kinect won't track that well when they are being erratic. Just remind them to calm down and they'll get better results.

Yes, the person waving is to enable a second person to join. There must be someone else in the room (or even a large chair like a recliner) that is in range of the sensor. Have them get out of the way or move off to a side and you should be fine.

To have a second person leave just get out of the sensors view. Nothing else needs to be done. If you are playing for achievements, be careful and ensure that you don't accidentally sign out of the gamertag that you are trying to add gamerscore too.

And for opening the pages, start with both arms down at your sides. Then put both arms straight out in front of you with your hands about 8 - 10 inches apart, then just pull them outward about 45 degrees. Works for all of us and my youngest is 5. Hope that helps and good luck.

ToKeN2k6
10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
^yeah man, thanks for the reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense! I noticed my son was never full extending his arms and had them bent. When I tried, I kept them perfectly straight and opened the page it 4/5 times with no problem! Yeah, I forget this is all new to kids (hell even us!) so a little patience has to go a long way.