PDA

View Full Version : Lookin' to do a speed run through this, what should I know??

o0EVIL0o x360a
07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Well is there any advice you can give me on how to go through this game with relative speed and make it easy?? I've read on the forums there are two chapters at the end that are pretty painful to play with flying creatures and such. Tips I've picked up are using the spear and it's special move to destroy the bosses and getting regenerative qualities on your armor for the final part of the game. Is this correct, and are there any other tips to help me out??

Zef
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
I used a sword for most of the game and found it pretty difficult, I switched to using knuckles instead and it was a whole lot easier. So buy a gun and a decent knuckle weapon as well as their photon arts, use them as much as you can to level them up and by the time you get them to their maximum you will have no troubles whatsoever.

I'm not sure on using lances or regenerating armour though, if they work then use them.

o0EVIL0o x360a
07-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Damn Zef you're all over the place lol Is there a way I can recommend you for being a good member of the community?? ;)

Thanks I'll go for the knuckles and pistol if you think that's the best way. I don't know about photon arts or anything as I haven't popped the game in yet but I'm hoping that will make sense to me later. (Btw, I managed to finish off that playthrough for zero corruption on Overlord that you advised me on before hehe)

Zef
07-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Is there a way I can recommend you for being a good member of the community?? ;)

Thanks I'll go for the knuckles and pistol if you think that's the best way. I don't know about photon arts or anything as I haven't popped the game in yet but I'm hoping that will make sense to me later. (Btw, I managed to finish off that playthrough for zero corruption on Overlord that you advised me on before hehe)

Just tell the staff to put the torches and pitchforks down.

Photon arts are just 'special moves' for each weapon type. As you use them they level up and become stronger, so the more you use them the stronger they become and are therefore more useful. As far as I remember you need to buy them from one of the shops, then you have to equip them to the right kind of weapon.

And you are welcome in regards to Overlord. 'Tis a harsh mistress indeed, and I got 1000 first *dances*

Good luck in Phantasy Star.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Okay, I've started this game and I'm on Chapter 4. So far not much of a problem at all. I'm using a sword/gun combo and I've got this "Rising Strike" special move for my sword that I abuse most of the time (It sure does take a long time for that PP stuff to regenerate) For my Gun I've got a Burning shot that just seems to be always active (I can't hit Y to perform it) So I understand how the Photon Arts work now. So is there more than one photon art for each weapon?? I've upgraded from a sabre to a brand sword and I took the Rising Strike off and moved it to my new weapon. I'm just waiting now for some knuckles to become available for me. I hope I can use a set of knuckles in one hand and my pistol in other because changing equipment is kinda awkward with that pallette business. I'm just waiting for Chapter 8 where the game is supposed to get brutal. Not looking foward to that lol

Zonato
08-08-2007, 04:10 AM
I would recommend getting a double saber when it becomes available, the photon art really rips through everything. Also twin daggers are pretty good for crowds.
As far as a remember theres only one photon art for each weapon for offline mode and yea you can use a knuckle and pistol combo.
Really starting to get the urge to play this online again now lol

The Pants Party
08-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Twin Daggers and the hurricane photon FTW. Owns groups of enemies and takes bosses down quick. Get good at healing yourself quickly, too. If you get frozen you're going to take a lot of damage, so you'll need to pop a pill really fast after you're free.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay I finished this game last week so I wanted to extend my thanks out to Zef and the rest of you guys. I also wanted to add some tips if anyone wants to know.

For a speed guide, start off using the 1H Sword/Pistol combo. When available buy a spear and 2 swords. Then later on buy the knuckles on Chapter 6 or so. Buy a blaster rifle as well for the flying creatures. With these weapons you should be able to take care of anything easily. When one weapon runs out of PP switch to another. Chapter 11 and 12 are actually quite hard. I found two swords to be very effective once leveled up against enemies in the late chapters. For bosses use the knuckles or spear with their photon art. When there are flying enemies use the sword/pistol combo or the blaster rifle. (C ranked blaster worked fine even in chapter 12) When enemies are really tough, use the two swords because it knocks the enemies down (they can't hit you when they're knocked down) The knuckles are more effective but you WILL take damage while using them. For bosses use the spear's Photon Art. Just keep your items stocked up throughout each chapter and upgrade the above weapons and you can cruise through the whole game. Just switch weapons when you run out of PP. When they are all out of PP just use the item that recovers all the PP on your equipped weapon. This was very effective for me.

HoodMod
08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
I would recommend getting a double saber when it becomes available, the photon art really rips through everything. Also twin daggers are pretty good for crowds.
As far as a remember theres only one photon art for each weapon for offline mode and yea you can use a knuckle and pistol combo.
Really starting to get the urge to play this online again now lol

Eeew, why would you get the urge to play this game? It gave me the urge to kill myself.