PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition!

DanPhillips10
10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Would like some advice.

Is the hardened edition really worth getting?

I know you get the maps but say i just went out and Bought MS points is it the same?

Just like to no which Edition is the 1 to get

cheers

SpinalSynopsis
10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
I would say it's not worth it. Most of the markup in price is for the little extras that are kind of lame. But hey, you might want that Jug Outfit for your avatar. :D

Personally I'm just getting the game and not committing to the map packs just yet.

Trash Man
10-30-2011, 07:19 PM
I managed to get the hardened edition for 65 from Tesco a while back. So it's only 30 more than the normal edition. That's less than the price of the Elite sub for a year. I've paid 70+ for the hardened editions in the past and then had to buy the map packs on top of that, so I am more than happy with 65 and all map packs chucked in.

CMCX360
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
If you haven't pre-ordered it by now, you are probably out of luck.

fastNcurious
10-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, if you're in the US, you're probably already out of luck as Hardended are sold out practically everywhere, and retail stores are only getting a limited number of them.

Just buy Microsoft Points when they go on sale, and then your DLCs will be bought at a discount so you get the better bargain.

TealPavelski
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I would say it's not worth it. Most of the markup in price is for the little extras that are kind of lame. But hey, you might want that Jug Outfit for your avatar. :D

Personally I'm just getting the game and not committing to the map packs just yet.

A year subscription to Elite is lame? That is a $50 value and you get all the DLC for FREE!

Onyok
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
If you're a die-hard COD fan & you're in mainland US, you may still have a chance to snag a hardened ed from toys 'r us or walmart as per writing of this post.

Last night, I pre-ordered mine from the former as gamestop screwed me again trying a hard sale on their elite premium :p If memory serves, they're selling that elite premium with just a standard ed game for same price of the hardened. Sans steel bookcase! Cr@p! :mad:

Nevander
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/201226_HELG.jpg

I say yes, it is worth it, and here are my reasons, along with what comes with it.

First, what comes with it:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition Contents:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
One year of membership in Call of Duty Elite
Founder Status
SteelBook Case
Special Ops Juggernaut Xbox Live Outfit
Limited Edition Field Journal

Product Details:

Boasting multiplayer map packs, an exclusive membership, in-game unlockables, and a one-of-a-kind book bound by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's untold secrets, the "Hardened Edition" is the definitive experience for the Call of Duty fan.
CALL OF DUTY: MW3 GAME DISC, FEATURING UNIQUE DISC ART
1-YEAR CALL OF DUTY: ELITE MEMBERSHIP, INCLUDES FUTURE CALL OF DUTY: MW3 DOWNLOADABLE GAME CONTENT (INCLUDING MAP PACKS)
SPECIAL FOUNDER STATUS ON CALL OF DUTY ELITE, INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE IN-GAME EMBLEM, PLAYERCARD, WEAPON CAMOUFLAGE, CLAN XP BOOST, AND MORE EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
PREMIUM, COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK CASE
EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL OPS JUGGERNAUT XBOX LIVE OUTFIT
LIMITED EDITION, COLLECTIBLE FIELD JOURNAL CHRONICLING THE ENTIRE SAGA WITH 100+ PAGES OF AUTHENTIC MILITARY SKETCHES, DIAGRAMS AND WRITTEN ENTRIES

Now, why I think it's worth it:

It comes in a sweet steelbook case, everyone loves those.
You get one free year of Elite, that alone makes it worth it to me.
You get Founder Status, which is detailed HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=336666).
You get a Juggernaut outfit for your avatar, more avatar gear is always nice.
You get some kind of "field journal," just another little thing they throw in that doesn't really give you anything but it doesn't hurt to have more little nic-nacs.
The Elite membership will grant you the maps and DLCs for free, supposedly forever, but I doubt that.
You get that Founder Status stuff, like unique playercard stuff and that camo (which probably looks dumb but w/e, it comes with it).
It comes with a Clan XP boost, not sure what that is exactly.
It also says "more exclusive benefits." Not sure what those could be.

Lastly, let's look at the prices:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Standard Edition ................. $59.99 (or $64.19 with US tax)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition ................ $99.99 (or $104.19 with US tax)
Call of Duty Elite Standalone .......................................... $49.99 (annual charge, $54.19 with US tax)
Standard Version of game + Elite for one year .................... $118.38 (tax included)
Hardened Edition (standard game + one year of elite free) .... still $104.19 (tax and elite included)

So by getting the Hardened edition you will save yourself $14.19. The better deal is obviously the Hardened Edition, that is if you plan on getting Elite premium.

So all in all I'd say it's worth it.

Someone should probably check over my math. :D

Here is the GameStop URL for the Hardened Edition:
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-hardened-edition/93178

TealPavelski
10-31-2011, 12:17 AM
^^^this^^^

Dz06lt
10-31-2011, 12:33 AM
if you intend on buying all the DLC then its absolutley worth it

fastNcurious
10-31-2011, 02:42 AM
A year subscription to Elite is lame? That is a $50 value and you get all the DLC for FREE!

Now, why I think it's worth it:

It comes in a sweet steelbook case, everyone loves those.
You get one free year of Elite, that alone makes it worth it to me.

Just being nit-picky here (because it annoys me), but technically those things are not free. You paid for them. They are simply included in the Hardened edition.

Said it before and mentioning it again, if you buy MS pts when they go on sale, then you're getting a better bargain. $30 for 4000 microsoft pts (most recent sale was a month ago). So $60 worth of DLC = $36, TAX FREE. Less than getting hardended, and less than subscribing to Elite, plus you don't have to commit to getting the DLCs.

StillTIPPIN187
10-31-2011, 02:53 AM
Just being nit-picky here (because it annoys me), but technically those things are not free. You paid for them. They are simply included in the Hardened edition.

Said it before and mentioning it again, if you buy MS pts when they go on sale, then you're getting a better bargain. $30 for 4000 microsoft pts (most recent sale was a month ago). So $60 worth of DLC = $36, TAX FREE. Less than getting hardended, and less than subscribing to Elite, plus you don't have to commit to getting the DLCs.

Where the hell did you get 4K MSP for 30 bucks? ive never in my life seen MSP that cheap.. great deal for those who got in on it.

fastNcurious
10-31-2011, 03:21 AM
Where the hell did you get 4K MSP for 30 bucks? ive never in my life seen MSP that cheap.. great deal for those who got in on it.

It was on sale at Amazon. I admit it is fairly rare, like maybe a 2-3 time per year event. I never buy points until they go on sale. And when they do, stock the heck up!!!

bearmod
10-31-2011, 06:31 AM
I'd say if you can spare the extra cash go for it. Cause if you think about it you're gonna want the map packs anyways, IW doesn't seem to do as many map packs as Treyarch but if you figure that it gets 4 map packs at $15 a pop then you already saved $20. Thats mostly why I'm getting it, I usually don't spend that much on a single game but I'd get the map packs anyways so what the hell

Boomerang Cat
10-31-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't think it's been mentioned yet in this Thread but you get DLC sooner than the people who don't have Elite Membership. This includes "Multiplayer Maps, Spec Op Missions, New Game Modes and More" as mentioned in the video below from 06:24 to 07:28.

MW3 ELITE FULL DETAILS! CODXP 2011 - YouTube

Personally I've decided to get the Hardened Edition to keep Call Of Duty fresh this year. If I can maintain my interest in playing MW3, I won't be buying other Games so I will save even more money in the long run by keeping MW3 in my Console for the whole year.

P.S. Does anyone know whether Modern Warfare 3 will have Combat Training? (I would like to know if anyone knows for certain what the answer is but I felt that it's not worth starting a New Thread over)

DA Donginator
10-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Lastly, let's look at the prices:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Standard Edition ................. $59.99 (or $64.19 with US tax)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hardened Edition ................ $99.99 (or $104.19 with US tax)
Call of Duty Elite Standalone .......................................... $49.99 (annual charge, $54.19 with US tax)
Standard Version of game + Elite for one year .................... $118.38 (tax included)
Hardened Edition (standard game + one year of elite free) .... still $104.19 (tax and elite included)

So by getting the Hardened edition you will save yourself $14.19. The better deal is obviously the Hardened Edition, that is if you plan on getting Elite premium.

So all in all I'd say it's worth it.

Someone should probably check over my math. :D

I don't get what the one in red is? a repeat?

If I can't get hardened, I will get standard at Costco for $54- save $6 there. then buy Elite separate

Josh Brown
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
it actually works out cheaper to buy the standard edition from a supermarket for 30 or less on release day and then buy elite on xbox live for 35.00 than it is to buy the hardened edition unless of course youre bothered about a steel case and book

upindat
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
HELL YES!!! I always get the top editions. They have a lot of cool stuff. so yes if you are lucky enough to still get it.

DanPhillips10
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Cant Decide.

Which 1 to get hmm..

DanPhillips10
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Does any 1 no if u can pick up the hardened edition in Tesco on release day and for what price?

Onyok
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
If you're a die-hard COD fan & you're in mainland US, you may still have a chance to snag a hardened ed from toys 'r us or walmart as per writing of this post.

As per checking right now, they're all gone from their online store! :uzi: Geez, am glad i made it in time! LoL!

ofay
10-31-2011, 06:28 PM
It was on sale at Amazon. I admit it is fairly rare, like maybe a 2-3 time per year event. I never buy points until they go on sale. And when they do, stock the heck up!!!
Wasn't the last sale a few hours long? And not widely published

Burnout x360a
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Does any 1 no if u can pick up the hardened edition in Tesco on release day and for what price?

No is the answer.

fastNcurious
10-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Wasn't the last sale a few hours long? And not widely published

That's because of the hoarders. They buy up like 50 (or whatever the max limit is) and then sell them on ebay for a small profit.

Raven6009
11-04-2011, 12:30 AM
In stock for shipping at gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-hardened-edition/93178