PDA

View Full Version : Kinect error when starting up. Anyone else have this problem?

Wolverine674
10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
I just recently started having an issue when the Kinect is starting: it will go through with a green blinking light and says it's starting up. Then the small box on the lower right (where you would see yourself) appears, but it a still static image. That disappears, is replaced with the Xbox "X" symbol and the Kinect goes to a red light.

All the suggestions for my error code (C00000C2) have done nothing to fix the problem. According to other Xbox forum posts, I'm not the only person experiencing this exact same problem, but no one there knows why this has happened.

I certainly hope this isn't a widespread failure of the sensor after less than a year. If that is the case, it would cause me to bail out on the device.

*UPDATE* Contacted Xbox and went through several steps, including removing the last system update. This error tends to be one that leads to the Kinect being repaired or replaced.

Floorkiller
01-11-2012, 06:26 AM
I just recently started having an issue when the Kinect is starting: it will go through with a green blinking light and says it's starting up. Then the small box on the lower right (where you would see yourself) appears, but it a still static image. That disappears, is replaced with the Xbox "X" symbol and the Kinect goes to a red light.

All the suggestions for my error code (C00000C2) have done nothing to fix the problem. According to other Xbox forum posts, I'm not the only person experiencing this exact same problem, but no one there knows why this has happened.

I certainly hope this isn't a widespread failure of the sensor after less than a year. If that is the case, it would cause me to bail out on the device.

*UPDATE* Contacted Xbox and went through several steps, including removing the last system update. This error tends to be one that leads to the Kinect being repaired or replaced.

Damn. I bought my Kinect (new) 4 days ago. I only used it the 1st night, and tonight I turn on my Xbox and get this. I also tried everything on their site regarding this issue....and nothing worked. This pretty much sucks.