PDA

View Full Version : Weapon upgrades?

Butters
07-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I've noticed that when I pick up the machine gun twice that it shoots twice as fast, i was wonderin if you guys knew if that qualifies to other double pickups of other weopns?

RavenBlackthorn
07-31-2007, 01:53 PM
From what I have noticed, every weapon appears to be upgradable at least once.

The rocket launcher (first weapon pod) doubles its firing rate and increases its range if you grab the second pod by the helo.

The spreader (second weapon pod) increases it's rate of fire from 3 shots to 5 shots if you grab the second spreader by the stairs in level 2.

The grenade gun (third weapon pod) increases its splash radius from two fireballs that spread out to the sides to 4 fireballs that spread out in sort of a star pattern.

The laser (right before the end of the first level) seems to double its range if you grab the second pod by the first tank in level 2.

This added range is an absolute lifesaver in level 2. It allows you to outrange all of the enemies and turrets. You can actually shoot all of them if you (and your partner *cough*) are patient enough. With the added range you can take out all of the enemies fairly easily as opposed to trying to run past them (which can be pretty risky).

In level 4, it makes taking down some of the tougher/stronger enemies a little easier as well (if you can make it through the sickness in level 3 without getting hit).

Butters
07-31-2007, 08:49 PM
yes I know that ( partner cough) was me and didn't realize that you would want to do that at long range at that one point. Besides that thanks for the info.

RavenBlackthorn
07-31-2007, 09:33 PM
LOL I wasn't talking about you!!!
Seriously though, I was talking about partners in general that I have encountered in that game. Most don't use a mic, and every time I get to certain sections I'll communcate despite the fact that they can't communicate back and say "Gimme one sec bud, I can reach those guys from here" and 9 times out of 10 they don't seem to hear me and run guns blazing to their death anyway. Meanwhile, the board scrolls and my "range" is suddenly greatly reduced and I have enemies walking straight into my back while my partner instead of covering the enemies that they -can- reach (I.E. the ones coming from behind) proceed to continue to die from the barrage of fire from the turrets etc. At any rate, I try and push forward and make the best of the situation, and hopefully maintain weapon control. :) Seriously though Butters, I wasn't talking about you when I said that! :> I was trying to encourage would be future partners in general to be a little more patient. (Beating the game on XBL seems much more doable than in single player. I needz all the help I can get hehe)