PDA

View Full Version : Turbo controllers

DerEnglaender
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Does anyone else remember getting absolutely shat on by the button-mashing "strangling" section at the end of the game? I remember having to get a turbo controller playing on extreme just for that part.

Don't know if it was actually brutal or just being a kid.

MC Kazoo
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Does anyone else remember getting absolutely shat on by the button-mashing "strangling" section at the end of the game? I remember having to get a turbo controller playing on extreme just for that part.

Don't know if it was actually brutal or just being a kid.

As far as the first time I played it, it took some endurance but it was easily beat. Now, after experiance and age, it will be a piece of cake.

Im a Manatee
10-31-2011, 05:23 PM
The old trick on the ps2 controller was to get a battery and "rub" the button. I dont think thatll work very well on the 360

DerEnglaender
11-01-2011, 12:19 AM
i can remember pounding away furiously at that button and the oguage just draining like htere was no resistance at all. then with the turbo controller the guage actually stopped draining compeltely :O

on that note i remember ocelot in meta;l gear solid twin snakes (maybe also i nthe original cant remmber) breaking the fourth wall before the interogation by poiting at teh camera (player) and saying "no auto-fire or ill know"

samsaBEAR
11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Now I might stand a better chance, but when I first played through on extreme, I tried so hard to do it legitly, and I probably would've given up had I not gone to my local video games store to ask whether they had any ideas. I had a dodgy looking third party controller (who didn't?) and fired that bad boy up, I was laughing from then on

lowtek
12-03-2011, 11:02 AM
I vaguely remember some kind of trick where you either look up or down while he's choking you and it makes it a little slower. I tried a similar trick to the battery, I used the end of a sharpie and ran it across the triangle button. You're right it might be harder on the Xbox, I haven't started extreme yet.