PDA

View Full Version : Veteran difficulty available from the start?

Ben London
11-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Does anybody know - will Veteran be available straightaway or do we have to beat the campaign once on a lower difficulty first?

StillTIPPIN187
11-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Its usually available straight away.. Has been in all the past ones.

StayonTarget
11-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Yeah. Even with the off chance it won't be, just breeze through the campaign on easy.

Ben London
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM

Only in Black Ops and others from Treyarch, but not the Modern Warfare ones as far as I'm aware!

JeremyVersion1
11-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Only in Black Ops and others from Treyarch, but not the Modern Warfare ones as far as I'm aware!

No, the Veteran difficulty has always been available from the start.

StillTIPPIN187
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM

Yeah they all have been.. Not sure about CoD3 as i could only stand about 2 minutes of watching my girl play it.

but the MW series, the 2 original CoDs, and the treyarch games all have allowed access to Vet as soon as you boot the game up.

Nozza XBA
11-02-2011, 02:09 PM

Don't know what COD's you've played but on all the one's I've played (2-3-4-WaW-MW2-BO) all the difficulties have been open to you right from the start!

Ben London
11-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't know what COD's you've played but on all the one's I've played (2-3-4-WaW-MW2-BO) all the difficulties have been open to you right from the start!

Geez you're right. Embarrassing coming from someone who has actually beaten all 7 CoDs on Veteran! :o

Which other game series was it where the hardest difficulty wasn't unlocked straightaway - Bioshock? Halo? Crysis?

Forget about it - thread closed.

Nozza XBA
11-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Geez you're right. Embarrassing coming from someone who has actually beaten all 7 CoDs on Veteran! :o

Which other game series was it where the hardest difficulty wasn't unlocked straightaway - Bioshock? Halo? Crysis?

Forget about it - thread closed.

Not many games do actually. Halo has all of them unlocked as does Bioshock. Crysis I don't know as I haven't played it but Crysis does.

Some old crappy games have it locked at start then it opens up once you've completed it on normal. Like Jurassic: The Hunted etc.

Sk1ppyPT
11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Veteran is available right from the start of the game

upindat
11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
veteran has always been avaible from the start best i can rember. To me that is the only way to start it. JUST please no fighting in the war room or the hill from hell in black ops!!!

Nevander
11-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Don't even worry about Veteran in this game guys.

It's probably going to be identical to MW2's Vet, as many of my friends believe. It's basically the same coding, the same engine, etc. This translates to the same gameplay, the same AI, everything.

I doubt IW would change it much, they are more concerned with MP and Elite right now to make any changes to campaign from MW2.

Ben London
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I don't expect to be massively challenged either. There will probably be a few bottlenecks with infinite spawns, but nothing like storming the Reichstag in WAW or the horrendous Call of Duty Classic.

Kreten
11-03-2011, 04:48 AM
Yes it's available and it isn't as hard as on previous cod's right now i would put Veteran in between Normal and Hard difficulty of cod mw2