PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] Silverback Rocket Kills Fast + Big Money Onyx Medal - Gears Of War 3

madmanRAB
11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
[Guide] Silverback Rocket Kills Fast + Big Money Onyx Medal - Gears Of War 3 - YouTube

Hey guys I thought I would upload a separate video to show a fast way to get your Silverback rocket kills. This gets you a lot of money so continue with this method to get your money for the Big Money Onyx Medal which requires $5,000,000 in Horde. Be sure to check out my other videos which show you how to unlock the next tier of Silverbacks very quickly. Hope you enjoyed this video and Please Comment, Rate and Subscribe - madmanRAB

Written Guide

1.0 View my other video which shows you how to get the silverback upgraded in the fastest possible time. A link to my other topic is here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4644146#post4644146

1.1 Once youhave unlocked rockets, Load up a private horde match on casual. Mutators are optional.

1.2 Select any map you like with good camp spots. In this video I chose Blood Drive and my camp spot was just outside the original spawn points.

1.3 Play through waves 1-8 saving up all your money.

1.4 The start of wave 9 you should buy the Silverback for $12,500 and then upgrade it for $10,000. You now have rockets on it

1.5 Go up to The boltok and camp where I do in the video. When stationary press ‘A’ in the Silverback to plant your feet. Right trigger now shoots rockets.

1.6 Do not complete wave 9 we will do most of this wave but then deliberately die at the end by getting out of the Silverback and letting the locust kill us. Then we will ‘Restart from current wave’

1.7 The reason we hide is simple; When your shooting rockets in the Silverback your feet have to be planted thus not allowing us to move. This allows grinders and boomers ect to shoot us and we don’t want that. By camping just wait for the locust to come to you.

1.8 Doing this method averaging 15 kills every failed wave of 3 minutes you can see this is a very quick method indeed.

Note: In the 2 hours this video took to render i managed to unlock this achievement. Also in this video you can see i have my Command Centre maxed out and got the achievement for that too following my guide in step 1.0

Thanks for watching and be sure to subscribe for more

mjc0961
11-02-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not trying to be rude here, but you should consider investing in a new microphone. After 1 minute of constant cracking noises in the narration and not being able to understand you, I gave up on the video and moved onto the text guide.

It does seem like a simple strategy, so thanks for that. But please man, get a new mic.

madmanRAB
11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm not trying to be rude here, but you should consider investing in a new microphone. After 1 minute of constant cracking noises in the narration and not being able to understand you, I gave up on the video and moved onto the text guide.

It does seem like a simple strategy, so thanks for that. But please man, get a new mic.

I understand what you are saying i myself think its dreadful. The problem is not with my mic its my pc. I have used my mic on different pc's and it works fine (but i cant get access to the pc's to record). On my pc the problem arose when i changed my OS from vista to windows 7. I'm still looking for a fix :confused:

singlservinjack
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
read your other guide as well on how to level up fortifications, both have been extremely helpful, so thanks and good job mate!

Opiate42
11-02-2011, 05:47 PM
read your other guide as well on how to level up fortifications, both have been extremely helpful, so thanks and good job mate!

Ditto, this is very helpful!! Only did a few waves last night but will bull through this soon enough when time permits :woop:

Gor1lla
11-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Sounds like a driver problem. Thanks for the tut (including a text version) :Bounce:

head0r Inc
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
For real, i didnt figure out it got unlimited rockets LOL!... gosh.. that makes it so easy...... :woop::drunk Thanks for that !

Grammaton Dryad
11-02-2011, 08:03 PM
nice. I got mine playing on Trenches with big explosions on. I forget when I got my silver back (wave 7?) and I had my 500 kills by wave 27. I just hung out by the base flag/pole.

I think this method is probably easier. Thanks again.

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Good guide. this is the method i was using yesterday on trenches.

MaximumGamer
11-03-2011, 06:33 PM
nice man thanks for the help:woop:

Xenolith666
11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
ok i got it.. heh.. I was holding "A".. not just pressing it =P

b0neszero
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM
This worked great for me. After unlocking the rockets, took about 2 and a half hours to get the 500 kills on trenches. Seem about right for anyone else? Always lookin to do it faster.

cmwhtienak
11-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Very nice guide! Thanks OP for the help! :goodpost

trail blazer
11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
wouldnt it be faster insteadof wave 9 to do it on say wave 19? I would think there would be more enemies

Sickside85
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
This method is amazingly good if you use the Big Explosions mutator, I was watching youtube videos while doing it and everytime I heard footsteps coming up the stairs I fired off a rocket, 4-5 kills at a time usually, I went past wave 9 instead of reloading, and after each wave rebuilt the barrier at the doorway to stop any tickers running inside

Bladez1288
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
anyone willing to join a horde match and assist me on getting this achievement by letting me use their silverback or helping me unlock the rockets hit me up
GT: Bladez1288

tankbuster
12-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the post, great idea and so much easier this way.

Mi5ter Ander5on
12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
thanks for the great guide, i'll be getting closer to my Seriously 3.0 cuz of you!!!!

A7X x Shadow
12-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Awesome method. I actually used this to semi-afk getting Horde waves done, but I dread doing this another 20 times for all fifty waves.

LouTenit Dan
12-26-2011, 01:59 PM
would any1 mind lettn me using their upgraded silver back. How long would this take to go from level 1 to (whatever level unlocks rockets)

SpaceOddity
12-26-2011, 07:35 PM
would any1 mind lettn me using their upgraded silver back. How long would this take to go from level 1 to (whatever level unlocks rockets)

Sure, the only thing is that i usually come online late. Get enough money to buy the silverback and upgrade and then msg me i'll come in, buy the silverback and upgrade to rockets and leave you to do your thing.

Send me your gamertag, if you're interested!

LouTenit Dan
12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Sure, the only thing is that i usually come online late. Get enough money to buy the silverback and upgrade and then msg me i'll come in, buy the silverback and upgrade to rockets and leave you to do your thing.

Send me your gamertag, if you're interested!

gt- loutenit dan