PDA

View Full Version : Debut Trailer

Nozza XBA
11-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Grand Theft Auto V Debut Trailer - YouTube

So, what did everyone think?

So happy it's back in Sanandreas (LA). I've loved all the GTA games, so anything I would of been happy with. Maybe not Liberty City...

The graphics are really nice and are a step up. The colour and look of the city really stands out. Some of the places it looks like you'll visit look like they hold some real character.

I just want more!

pdean52
11-02-2011, 04:10 PM
damn it looked good but for me it's GTA - i'd buy it if it was set in grimsby.

Purge
11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I 'm so happy. I'm just.. UH! I'm so happy to be alive. Vinewood. HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! My body is ready.

Nozza XBA
11-02-2011, 04:14 PM
i'd buy it if it was set in grimsby.

I'll wait for this day! :p

EliteShadowMan
11-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Although SA wasn't my favorite GTA it was still good, and they just did Liberty City again in the last game. So either it was going to be Vice City or SA. I would rather have the Vice City 70-80's feel but i'm sure this game will still be amazing.

I was also really hoping they would have showed the main character. Guess they want to keep that as a surprise those assholes!

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
http://img1i.www.spoki.lv/upload/articles/42/427990/images/Wtfgif-6.gif

The graphics.....

The music.....

The city.....

The landscape.....

The jets.....

No release date..... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

WickedD365
11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
So excited. :Bounce:
Looks amazing. The level of detail in IV was awesome but this is amazing. :drool:
Happy it's back in San Andreas again. I hope they give us the multiple locations like the fake Vegas and stuff. Planes better be flyable too.

Grifter Reborn
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Absolutely looks terrible. Worst game ever...

Yea...couldn't type that with a straight face. Looks great. Extremely clean graphics. Haven't been paying attention before, but I am now. ;)

HabsCen10ial
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah I liked the trailer. I kind of wish it had something like spring/fall of 2012 at the end of it but I guess that was wish full thinking.

Big Stoz
11-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Looks like it's gonna be another winner, graphically stunning. Can't wait for this one.

BIGbivvie
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Looks great. Can't wait to buy it.

Nozza XBA
11-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Since the trailers release, game stores are now taking pre-orders for GTA V.

In the UK the RRP is around 49 at this time. Though, the game probably won't be released until this time next year, if not a little sooner. So the price may drop.

As much as I was close to clicking checkout, I'm going to wait lol

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM

In the UK the RRP is around 49 at this time. Though, the game probably won't be released until this time next year, if not a little sooner. So the price may drop.

Preordered day one!

Purge
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Apparently you play as Tommy Vercetti!? HNNGGHH! Does anyone know any details?

TheGreenxRanger
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM

if you do they got somebody else to do the voice or are just hiding it because that is not ray liotta talking

iAmTylerC
11-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone notice the dog at the beginning? Hopefully this has bikes like San Andreas.

Morrelo
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
As far as I know, i saw Mt. Chilliad, the desert and.... The plates are saying "San Andreas". Hence, it might not only be Los Santos!

ModernSith2010
11-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I hope even if it is not set as you being a gang banger like in GTA:SA you will still be able to hit the gym, burger bars, clothes shops and tattoo parlors, that's what I think made GTA:SA so great in my book. I just loved the whole gang banging gangster style that it had going on. But like other people say all the GTA's are good so......

Oh by the way I'm twitching for more info.....

Burnout x360a
11-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Holy cow, that trailer was sweet.

Hard on engaged. :p

TheGreenxRanger
11-02-2011, 07:01 PM
i think the main character might be clause speed from 3. what do you guys think.

cjdavies
11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Looks great, hard to describe but I hope in terms of being playable it's more GTA: SA than GTA 4.

niko da bos
Yeah I liked the trailer. I kind of wish it had something like spring/fall of 2012 at the end of it but I guess that was wish full thinking.

ya, that and seeing the main character. i suppose the game is still in works and being tweaked constantly, i doubt this game will be a stinker. every rockstar game i buy seems to always kick ass:)

JuSt BLaZe
Nice trailer but the character at 00:40 looks more like FRANK WEST hahaha and the guy running at 01:06 looks more like the main character.

Sayam
11-02-2011, 07:29 PM
The guy in the suit that turns to face the camera i'd guess is the main character from GTA III

MxPx
11-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I never really played SA. I'm excited for this game.

TheGreenxRanger
11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
The guy in the suit that turns to face the camera i'd guess is the main character from GTA III

thats what i said. it looks like claude speed

Paka
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous, pure eye candy. Looks like a game world I could really lose myself in. If they add in fun activities, lots of good stuff to collect, more customization, could be a masterpiece. Would it really be asking too much though to allow a female lead option? That is one huge thing Saint's Row 2 had going for it for me, being able to play as a woman and create all sorts of cool stuff for her wardrobe.

MxPx
11-02-2011, 08:38 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous, pure eye candy. Looks like a game world I could really lose myself in. If they add in fun activities, lots of good stuff to collect, more customization, could be a masterpiece. Would it really be asking too much though to allow a female lead option? That is one huge thing Saint's Row 2 had going for it for me, being able to play as a woman and create all sorts of cool stuff for her wardrobe.

Saints Row is a little more generic, and open-ended. You design a character and fulfill a role in the gang. GTA tends to have a more specific story-line, with specific characters. A female lead character wouldn't really work.

And anyways, the game is about criminal activity, killing people, stealing cars, sleeping with prostitutes...not fashion accessorizing. :D

Annalie
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Exactly, i would enjoy it more playing as someone of my gender. i love the grand theft auto series so im used to playing as guys anyways. but i agree that's one thing i love about saints row..... i hope the multi player gets an improvement for this one. i hated grand theft auto 4's.

MACdanstaface
11-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Any speculations as to the possibility of having an xbox console coming out with GTA5? (like the had for gears3 or other games) - I'm going to need to get one at some point in the next year...

Baihu1983
11-02-2011, 09:23 PM

No and its been confirmed the voice is not Liotta it appears to be Clifton Collins Jr. who voiced Cesar Vialpando in SA but he wont be that character again.

StolenKyle/
11-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm dying to learn more, they need to release more info ASAP now that this trailer is out. You would think from them making such an In depth trailer showing off a lot of what this game has to offer, that it would come out Early 2012, and not in the fall of 12. But I can dream.

The attention to detail though in this game is just... amazing. Its like GTA IV but 10x better. I really hope they let you tune cars up again though.. I really hated that you couldn't do that in GTA IV.

But the main thing I want to find out is the main character, there were rumours going around that its not just going to be one main character this time around. During the story you might change to a different character. But again its all here say until we here from Rockstar.

Annalie
11-02-2011, 11:27 PM
^^^who said its being released in the fall? most rockstar games release in the spring.

Barad
11-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm blown away..cannot wait I played GTA 4 more so much this is gonna be awesome!

MediumMelanin
11-03-2011, 01:59 AM
I would've liked if they did Vice City again...DAMN! Oh, well, any Grand Theft Auto made by Rockstar Games is a good game in my book! Can't wait for its release in 2012! =) Really awesome soundtrack by 1:00!

MxPx
11-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Looks like another playthrough of GTA4 is in order.

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
11-03-2011, 02:41 AM
I started playing Grand Theft Auto with San Andres. And from that point on I was hooked. I am really excited for this, I already preordered.

WartyHogger
11-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Loved it, and easily now my most anticipated game, ever. This will be a game I will pretty much always play, as there will probably always be something to do. It's like GTA and The Sims had a baby with all the activities it seems you can do here.

The free roam on this one just seems to be the best one yet, I'm hoping it's the whole map of SA, and more! The size of the SA map was pretty spectacular at it's time, this one is shaping up to be just as spectacular. Blimps, thousands of side activites, and in modern time (wich I love) and what seems to be current times with houses for sale, homeless people, etc etc. I hope they're really on the street like that, and don't just pop up in missions or cut scenes, I also hope they finally add some real traffic into this game. Since LA is one of the many places known for it's gridlock. Whatever happens, I can calmly wait, this trailer will hold me for awhile, as well as Skyrim and a whole lot of other games coming out.

*Eternal Happiness on *GTA V release date here* *

i NatrlKilla i
11-03-2011, 05:02 AM

Zavvi have it up for 39.95, with a price guarantee. GTA V (http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/gta-grand-theft-auto-v-5/10569985.html)

(Probably not accurate, but their release date says November 23 2012)

Archvile78
11-03-2011, 09:32 AM
]Release date speculations already started, many people thinks the game will be released on May 24th

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii278/Haze-unit/ScreenShot2011-11-03at93507AM-1.png
The above picture shows the number 2405 in the street, which at first doesn't look like anything but after some research:

The song used in the trailer have been released on May 24 1968 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogdens%27_Nut_Gone_Flake) <---- Clicky

Knowing how Rockstars are with these sort of things i have a feeling this could be the actual release date.

Nozza XBA
11-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Nice find..

Does get you thinking. Though it could be a very strange coincidence.

Archvile78
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Nice find..

Does get you thinking. Though it could be a very strange coincidence.
Coming from Rockstar i doubt its a coincidence. Mind you Sam Houser birthday is 24/05/72 which could be a GTA IV easter egg seeing in GTA IV you can see the numbers on a plane but you need to use a mod on PC because its very high in the sky so, its either a release date or an easter egg.

Crimson Ridley
11-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Did anyone notice the "Speedophile" Jet Ski? And the BMX leaning against the house that is for sale? Bigfoot on the Police car seal?

Has anyone tried phoning "555-0111" which is the number for the Daily Globe. I know Rockstar have done stuff with numbers before...

Also, there seems to be 2 people that may be the protagonist; the "Vercetti" character and the "CJ" character. Both of these pop up multiple times, such as "Vercetti" in the car and leading the bank robbery, and the "CJ" character in the car, in a police chase and a similar looking "CJ" with tattoos, running from the police. This might mean tattoos are in.

EDIT: Who's going back through the older GTA games? I bought the entire collection on PC, so I'll be busy! :D

Archvile78
11-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Did anyone notice the "Speedophile" Jet Ski? And the BMX leaning against the house that is for sale? Bigfoot on the Police car seal?

Without forgetting the blimp that you can see in the upper right corner when you see people playing golf.

Also yes, i ordered GTA III/Vice City on Amazon yesterday. =P

Crimson Ridley
11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
The blimp shows up numerous times in the trailer, which I guess means there's something more to it.

Archvile78
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Its probably a stretch but haven't fans been demanding the possibility of flying blimps for the longest time?

Crimson Ridley
11-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I think so. There was also a blimp in Just Cause 2, called "The Mile High Club" (like the poster in this trailer). There may be a joke on that blimp. :p

I've looked up the number, 555-0111, and it came up with a few results;

1) It goes to a place called St. Thomas in the U.S Virgin Islands. No idea if that is relevant.
2) It's an old, fake, cheat code for GTA 4.
3) It's part of a cheat code for Enter The Matrix.
4) It's the number for California Taxi Co. in the movie Crossroads.
5) It's the number on the keys found sign in the movie Just Like Heaven.

Yeah, I don't think this number means much.

Archvile78
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
I think so. There was also a blimp in Just Cause 2, called "The Mile High Club" (like the poster in this trailer). There may be a joke on that blimp. :p

I've looked up the number, 555-0111, and it came up with a few results;

1) It goes to a place called St. Thomas in the U.S Virgin Islands. No idea if that is relevant.
2) It's an old, fake, cheat code for GTA 4.
3) It's part of a cheat code for Enter The Matrix.

Yeah, I don't think this number means much.

Haha well, someone had to test sooner or later and yeah i remember the blimp in Just Cause 2 it was awesome to base jump from there.

Btw nice spotting of the bigfoot on the seal! I did not notice until you pointed it out.

Crimson Ridley
11-03-2011, 12:06 PM
The only thing I'm really looking at is the California Taxi Co. number from Crossroads. As LS is LA and LA is in California, that seems to be the only connection between them.

Of course, it may just be a number Rockstar came up with and wasn't aware of the Taxi number. After all, all 555-0100 to 555-0199 numbers are fictitious...

This is fun though, and I'm now trying to find out which Crossroads the Taxi number comes from; the 1937, 1942, 1976, 1986 or the 2002 one...

The 2002 one is based in LA though, but it involves Britney Spears going to an audition. Not GTA stuff, really...

EDIT: Just noticed the number on the for sale sign; 184-555-0101. FUN!

Grifter Reborn
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Just curious if everyone saw the article Webb posted in the news section about the complete breakdown for the trailer?!?

Barad
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
]Release date speculations already started, many people thinks the game will be released on May 24th

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii278/Haze-unit/ScreenShot2011-11-03at93507AM-1.png
The above picture shows the number 2405 in the street, which at first doesn't look like anything but after some research:

The song used in the trailer have been released on May 24 1968 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogdens%27_Nut_Gone_Flake) <---- Clicky

Knowing how Rockstars are with these sort of things i have a feeling this could be the actual release date.

Well I really hope that's true as that means we don't have a huge amount of time to wait..

Didn't Red Dead come out in May I already know GTA 4 came out in April so this release date looks sensible too.

Paka
11-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Saints Row is a little more generic, and open-ended. You design a character and fulfill a role in the gang. GTA tends to have a more specific story-line, with specific characters. A female lead character wouldn't really work.

And anyways, the game is about criminal activity, killing people, stealing cars, sleeping with prostitutes...not fashion accessorizing. :D

True, but it is a really nice bonus!! ;) It sort of added to the silliness of it all in SR2-- had this chick decked out like a Prom Queen driving around in cars that would make Barbie envious, but still the biggest badass gangster there ever was. :uzi:

In GTA, they would have to make adjustments, but it could add a lot of replay value having two options for main characters, with both a male and a female storyline. I'm female of course, but I've seen where guys prefered the female option about SR2 also, as one put it I think, that he'd rather look at the hot chick he created than Niko's ugly mug. :p

TheGreenxRanger
11-03-2011, 05:42 PM
i hope it comes out in may. la noire's first trailer was in november of 2010 and it came out in may this year so it could happen.

MxPx
11-03-2011, 05:45 PM
True, but it is a really nice bonus!! ;) It sort of added to the silliness of it all in SR2-- had this chick decked out like a Prom Queen driving around in cars that would make Barbie envious, but still the biggest badass gangster there ever was. :uzi:

In GTA, they would have to make adjustments, but it could add a lot of replay value having two options for main characters, with both a male and a female storyline. I'm female of course, but I've seen where guys prefered the female option about SR2 also, as one put it I think, that he'd rather look at the hot chick he created than Niko's ugly mug. :p

I could see them doing a DLC story with a female lead. :woop:

MxPx
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I'm inclined to believe that the "for sale" home clip is from a dialogue scene. Probably a mission where you are contracted by a certain group to kill a politician who caused home foreclosures/bankruptcies in the city.

StolenKyle/
11-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Damn good find guys, I really hope the May 24th date is legit, that would be a huge amount of time off the fall date. And Ill be getting vice city and gta 3 too, after seeing a new GTA coming out, im dying to go back and play the older ones, regardless of the graphics. The music alone in Vice City is enough to go back on.

NeoSoul
11-04-2011, 01:30 AM
looks amazing

Crimson Ridley
11-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Has anybody even noticed how old Vercetti was in Vice City? He was 35. If this game is set in 2012, that would make him 61 years old... Highly unlikely that they would use a 61 year old character doing all of this stuff.

Endox92
11-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Looks awesome, I really hope the May 24 is real :) And finally, planes are back!