PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezing?

DaVoR 73
04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I cant even get through 1 inning without the game locking up on me. Anyone else having this problem?

Tonloc79
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Everyone else has this problem too(locking up), read a little before posting!:nana

DaVoR 73
04-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Your funny, maybe if the topic were more clearly stated.

Tonloc79
04-15-2006, 01:32 AM
It was not meant to be mean, i was just stating that no matter what site you goto theres numerous amounts of posts on this and it is a huge problem but if you take your HDD off then itll work just fine. I removed my HDD and transfered my profile over to my MU, got all but the rob a homer achy and returned my game(im not giving my money up for a half ass game that doesnt even work). I got it coming from Gamefly where i will get the last achy and maybe pick the game up for cheap off Ebay when a patch is released.

ba11a818
04-15-2006, 10:31 AM
daaaaam, mine froze 3x in a row, right when I hit it out, wtf

KernelVizion
04-15-2006, 01:26 PM
This game is the biggest piece of Bullshit I've ever seen. I rented it last night just to check it out. I saw mixed reviews on the freezing issue. So a 9 buck rental isn't gonna hurt me right? I play through one whole game with everything default (rosters, stats etc.) I get no achievements of course because I suck my first game. I go into my second game with everything adjusted Im doing good on my way to some GPs and then the bastard freezes. So I figure it doesnt do it every game but of course it does. These guys should be shot for ever putting this piece of shit on the market. GP or not I'll never rent buy or have anything to do with them again.

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-15-2006, 01:54 PM
This game is the biggest piece of Bullshit I've ever seen. I rented it last night just to check it out. I saw mixed reviews on the freezing issue. So a 9 buck rental isn't gonna hurt me right? I play through one whole game with everything default (rosters, stats etc.) I get no achievements of course because I suck my first game. I go into my second game with everything adjusted Im doing good on my way to some GPs and then the bastard freezes. So I figure it doesnt do it every game but of course it does. These guys should be shot for ever putting this piece of shit on the market. GP or not I'll never rent buy or have anything to do with them again.

I completely agree...I will never buy a baseball game from 2K Sports bcuz every fucking year it's like thias for me and it freezes every game. :mad:

KernelVizion
04-15-2006, 06:47 PM
So I took it back and they had another copy and I figured WTH I'll try it just in case. I'm playing along have 10 strikeouts in the first 5 innings and 9 runs in. Then Oh yea Fuck me. So I go to 2ks web site. I look at their forums. Tons of complaints over there. Evidently however they're telling the retailers not to give money back for this shit game. They say just hold on to your broke ass disc until they come up with a patch. Greatt. I just don't get how this game even made it out of QA. And everyone bitches about EA. I can bet you anything EA would never release this kind of trash.

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-16-2006, 01:40 AM
2K!!!!!!!! I played for 5 seconds and it froze.I knew I should have never even played it. Extremely disapointed

Darksider71
04-16-2006, 01:57 AM
I tried both work arounds and no such luck. This is the worst thing I have seen in a long time....not since Wrestlmania 21 and at least it was patched the next day and with an 800 number to call for a replacement disk if you didn't have live. If both work arounds don't work for some and some play with no problems then I can't figure out what the main problem could be.

Yankeez
04-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I couldnt get past the 1st inning in like 20 straight games, so I used this method I found online and all is well

2) Load three different Xbox 360 games (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=435429#) to the main title screen of each game (http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=435429#) then load Major League Baseball 2K6 on Xbox 360. All three Xbox 360 games must be completely different before loading Major League Baseball 2K6.

While we realize that these measures may seem unconventional, our 2K Sports QA Team has tested both methods and both will remedy issues that are causing the Major League Baseball 2K6 "freeze" issue on the Xbox 360. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience to your playing experience.

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 03:48 PM
KNOCK ON WOOD! I have played over 30 games thus far with 2K, combination of online and franchise mode games. NO FREEZES YET! Again, knock on wood. It sounds like it could be a problem with early 360's or even one of the certain brands of HDD's on some 360's.

It also seems that there is a big batch of bad disks floating around the nation. Probably from the first or second run of molding. Anyhow, 2K will most undoubtably have a patch with the next 2 weeks. Thats a guarantee because this is one they cant let slide and could really bury them as a publisher if not fixed. MS is involved as well so that makes this even more urgent.

I like the game, while its nots exactly next gen. Its baseball at least! MVP still has many advanatages and overall is probably the better game, but 2K made strides in the right direction with the swing stick.

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-16-2006, 04:44 PM
KNOCK ON WOOD! I have played over 30 games thus far with 2K, combination of online and franchise mode games. NO FREEZES YET! Again, knock on wood. It sounds like it could be a problem with early 360's or even one of the certain brands of HDD's on some 360's.

It also seems that there is a big batch of bad disks floating around the nation. Probably from the first or second run of molding. Anyhow, 2K will most undoubtably have a patch with the next 2 weeks. Thats a guarantee because this is one they cant let slide and could really bury them as a publisher if not fixed. MS is involved as well so that makes this even more urgent.

I like the game, while its nots exactly next gen. Its baseball at least! MVP still has many advanatages and overall is probably the better game, but 2K made strides in the right direction with the swing stick.

This is 100% 2k's fault and the fact that they won't admit that pisses me off and even telling stores not to give people thier money back that's BS. There is no way everyone's HDD or 360 has all of a sudden become defective with only one game. 2k needs to at least test thier games before releasing them. And what is this BS about loading 3 games thne it will work?!?!?!

The problem with this game is directly related to faulty and defective SOFTWARE...A consumer has a reasonable expectation when they purchase a software product that it is operable...IMO a class action suit would be trivial and stupid but if someone wanted to pursue it they would have a valid argument. In fact it really doesn't matter if its hardware or software because the Reasonable Expectations of the consumer remains as a constant. We don't by things expecting that they fail and then just accepting that

When we as consumers buy something that is marketed by a company to perform in a certain manner we have every right to have a reasonable expectation that the product will perform just as the manufacturer or company sais it should. The problem with software is alot of stores won't let you return it but in this case that should not be a problem because there is a clear defect....let me draw a picture for you.

lets say you buy a new car...a 2006 Escalade and once you drive it off the lot you find out that every 25 miles it stalls and its due to a problem with the engine or company that manufactured the car...Do you take the car back???...or do you settle for some hairbrain fix where the company says you have to turn your steering column to the left, pump the gas, hit the break and get outta the car and run around the vehicle 3 times and then the car will run???

**** No...nobody would ever stand for that...The car goes back immediately and would be replaced or fixed to perform as the consumer REASONABLY expected to perform...The key here is REASONABLE EXPECTATION...Is it reasonable for consumers to expect a product to perform as it is marketed to???

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-16-2006, 04:46 PM
2k should simply admit that the product is faulty and give consumers the option to return the game and get a full refund

KernelVizion
04-16-2006, 06:44 PM

As far as it being a problem with an early version of the 360 I can rule that out for you. I bout one then and I bought a second one in Feb. They both give me the same shit. And as far as a 2 week wait on this game goes that doesn't mean anything to me. I go out and get this game and I expect a good game or at least a bad game that works correctly. This is what I got though. And then they come up with all these lame gimmicks to fix it. Like shutting off the HDD or loading three other games first. I hope the backlassh of this knocks 2k on their ass and they never recover.

ba11a818
04-16-2006, 09:31 PM
how exactly do you do that 3 different game thing? Also, I played 5 full games and everything was cool and I unlocked 550 achv pts. Next day I froze in the first inning 8 times before I gave up. I'm not too worried though, I assume they will put out a patch this week & it's the only baseball game out. It's a pretty good game (that is until you freeze!)

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
The fact of the matter reamins, the product doesnt work out of the box for alot of people. Nothing one can do about this, but at least 2K is making efforts to fix the problem.

As for this bogus crap about 2K telling game stores to not allows returns...BULLSHIT! Thats the biggest rumor in the world right now and absolutely false. No company is going to email retailers telling them to continue seeling their product AND do not allow returns or exchanges. You all that want to believe that are completely clueless. Whats happening here is a bunch of UPSET people (rightly so) bashing a company and trying to make as many bad stories and lies as they can. 2K has admitted a problem and MS has also thrown themselves into the game to help. What more do you people want? YES, the game should work. YES, you should NEVER get faulty material from a brand new product. But it happened and now you all expect 2K to just lay down and let you run all over them. Grow up people and handle this a little more mature like. You have every right to be upset, and voice your frustration, but no one has right to make up all this crap about 2K not caring, 2K putting the shaft to the consumers, etc...

Its completely ridiculous on both sides of the fence.

KernelVizion
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
The fact of the matter reamins, the product doesnt work out of the box for alot of people. Nothing one can do about this, but at least 2K is making efforts to fix the problem.

As for this bogus crap about 2K telling game stores to not allows returns...BULLSHIT! Thats the biggest rumor in the world right now and absolutely false. No company is going to email retailers telling them to continue seeling their product AND do not allow returns or exchanges. You all that want to believe that are completely clueless. Whats happening here is a bunch of UPSET people (rightly so) bashing a company and trying to make as many bad stories and lies as they can. 2K has admitted a problem and MS has also thrown themselves into the game to help. What more do you people want? YES, the game should work. YES, you should NEVER get faulty material from a brand new product. But it happened and now you all expect 2K to just lay down and let you run all over them. Grow up people and handle this a little more mature like. You have every right to be upset, and voice your frustration, but no one has right to make up all this crap about 2K not caring, 2K putting the shaft to the consumers, etc...

First off a company that gave a shit about their customer base wouldn't ever put out such shit. Second off since when have they really admitted it? Go to their website and take a look. Ads all over the home page for this game. No deisclaimer nothing. You can sit back and defend these bastards all you want but fact of the matter is they put out a bad product. They have not handled it the way it should be handled. And as for an email to retailers saying to hold off and tell people there will be a patch soon I can totally see that coming from these jackasses. This game is a hot seller right now. All the people that are not in the know about this bullshit should be made aware before they blow $60 on a coffee holder. At this point you nor I know what is lie and what is truth about this game other than the fact that thousands and thousands of gamers are pissed. If they want to get on here or 2Ks site and bash them they have every right to.

Yankeez
04-17-2006, 10:08 PM
THis sucks the 3 game fix doesnt work for me tried it like 5 times already

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
04-17-2006, 11:04 PM

Ok first, that's not bullshit I went to EB and they won't give me my money back. Second, this is not the only faulty game 2K has...what about the college hoops update that made the game freeze or NHL 2K6 corrupting people's HDD's. And 2K is "working on a patch that will be coming out soon". When is soon? And that's the only information they've released since the game coming out a week ago. The truth is they don't even know hod to fix it or what's wrong with it. They have no excuses they were the only ones realeasing a baseball game for the 360, they had no competitors and yeat they moved up the release date.