PDA

View Full Version : Lack of clothing customization...

AceSouthall
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Just been playing around with the Initiation Station and don't get me wrong but it's cool the clothing is awesome....

BUT....

There's no real customization it's just set outfits. In Saints Row 2: a shirt, tie and jacket were all separate items which made for more customization, and with the jacket being a separate item you could choose to have it open or closed.

Bit disappointed as I wanted that element of SR2 in terms of player clothing.

Interfector DEI
11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
It's just the starter clothing much like the other SR games you don't get many choices when creating a character but then the in game clothing stores have way more options so its to early to judge imo.

xTenebrous
11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
It may be that it's starter clothing but the problem remains that it has removed a fair amount of customisation, it was nice being able to mix and match shirts, coats etc. but that's clearly amiss this time, I'm a little disappointed by that but I do hope the full game offers a wider range of clothing, a lot of the stuff in initiation station was very similar and didn't really leave too much room for customisation, it does feel fairly limited in that respect, hopefully Volition haven't taken a step back in character customisation simply to improve something like guns, that wouldn't be totally worth it in my mind.

ColdSpider72
11-03-2011, 03:53 PM
This isn't the complete product. They confirmed that there will be more customization at release.

CheetyPants1327
11-03-2011, 04:46 PM
This isn't the complete product. They confirmed that there will be more customization at release.
Yup check the twitter for questions asked here, and their site forums

True I Skill
11-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Well i hope they add a way to add patches and different wear styles with each outfit, Its cool an all with how many outfits there are but it sucks a little when you want to wear it a certain way...

I also played the game at London expo... I noticed the clothes stores had the exact same clothes as the initiation station, i hope these are not the only clothes you can get...

Axel Desade
11-03-2011, 11:32 PM
V-Singular (a Volition Employee from the official forum) said that the Initiation Station had 80% of the clothing from the actual game. So it is still a pretty disappointing amount of clothing. Also, the reasoning for the clothes not having as many customization options was so they could implement their ability to move, like how the string on the hoodies do. Personally I'd have take larger amounts of clothing, and layering options that don't move, that having very limited options (compared to SR2) that move a little.

CrAzYnEsS
11-04-2011, 02:12 AM
I found the lack of clothing options ridiculous. Not because everything was preset and I couldn't layer or individually customize whether an item was open or not, or over another. But because there was little variety, I mean there were 7 hoodie options. Isn't one hoodie the same as the next, I mean it sure looked like it in the option selectons.

xTenebrous
11-04-2011, 04:30 AM
Whether they haven't put every piece of clothing in or not doesn't matter, the problem is the fact you are forced to use a specific item of clothing with little options, before I could wear any shirt I wanted under an open jacket showing any logo I choose to put on the shirt, now that option is completely gone and I really don't see that being removed from IS just to put it in the full game, that wouldn't make sense.

I was also disappointed by the lack of tattoos, most of them are very similar, you can almost have the same tattoo on every location they allow, before had a lot of options, the main thing for me is the hair at the moment, all the hair cuts provided in IS were just bad, far too many for girls I think and most of the guys ones were either similar or exactly the same but reversed, why isn't that an option like it would be in SR2? In fact, where are my clothing options now?

If they are in the full release what was the point in IS? It gives nothing but a bad impression customisation wise if they left out features, I imagine the game is going to be amazing but I hope they haven't taken one of the things that set SR apart from other open world games simply to just become like them in the end, I'll be happy if they release more as DLC, providing I don't have to pay for it.