PDA

View Full Version : Level 5 Strategies? Kill Everything or Run Through?

RavenBlackthorn
07-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Hey guys. I made it to Level 5 last night with 9 lives left but proceeded to get devoured by the "mouthes" that come up through the floor.

Does anyone know if these mouthes continue to spawn if you remain in the area? Or are there 10 mouthes for example that can be killed if you take your time?

The reason I ask is that I tried to blow through them quickly like I had seen in some of the walkthrough videos on YouTube but I couldn't seem to outrun them. They seemed to spawn directly underneath me and open before I could walk away. I was wondering if anyone knew if you could kill them all by taking your time and then walk through unscathed.

Predator x360a
08-06-2007, 02:15 AM
They keep spawning. If you stay still they'll go right under you. Best thing to do is run through, zig zag basically. I try to just run through the part as fast as possible.

RavenBlackthorn
08-06-2007, 03:58 PM
(Nodding) That's pretty much what I found out to be the best strategy over time. What gets to be tough is when the skulls start to circle you and pen you in. If you get penned in while still in the zone where the mouthes spawn, be prepared to lose a few lives :) (This has happened to me and be "frustrating" to say the least. :)

I've found however that the skulls seem to follow you as you run. You can pretty much just continue as usual, they seem to keep pace with you. When I first started playing I'd stop and try to kill the skulls, only to get shot but one of the little lice looking things that crawl around. It seems like you can just move as normal, the skulls will continue to keep pace with you as the spin.