PDA

View Full Version : Command Pack DLC available to other XBL profiles on same console?

Jimbo Dredd
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I've posted on Epic forums with this question with no success.

I bought the season pass and downloaded the dlc to my XBox console.

Can anyone confirm for me whether my GF's Gold account should be able to use the Onyx skins and dlc content on the same console?

I tested yesterday and it wasn't available to her, but I may have been doing something wrong or be having the issue where I need to re-download all DLC (which I haven't been able to test as yet).

I know guest players can use the skins from having it confirmed elsewhere - I want to know if other members of my household should be able to access this DLC on their XBL accounts on the same console (like most other dlc) without having to purchase an additional season pass?

Thanks.

Jimbo Dredd
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I've posted on Epic forums with this question with no success.

I bought the season pass and downloaded the dlc to my XBox console.

Can anyone confirm for me whether my GF's Gold account should be able to use the Onyx skins and dlc content on the same console?

I tested yesterday and it wasn't available to her, but I may have been doing something wrong or be having the issue where I need to re-download all DLC (which I haven't been able to test as yet).

I know guest players can use the skins from having it confirmed elsewhere - I want to know if other members of my household should be able to access this DLC on their XBL accounts on the same console (like most other dlc) without having to purchase an additional season pass?

Thanks.

Well, redownloaded the season pass and Command Pack again, still no joy. Is this DLC locked per profile? Anyone else confirm this?

Legolas Der Elb
11-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Is there any other Gears of war 3 DLC, you have downloaded NOT FIRST to your console? Try to delete the other DLC and just let the HCP on hard drive, test that

Nitestar
11-03-2011, 11:42 PM
My bro has been able to use everying on his profile:
Commando Dom (i redeemed the code)
Mechanic Baird (i redeemed the code)
Liquid Metal skin set (I purchased the pass, he didn't)
Horde Command pack

Jimbo Dredd
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Is there any other Gears of war 3 DLC, you have downloaded NOT FIRST to your console? Try to delete the other DLC and just let the HCP on hard drive, test that

Thanks Legolas. Yeh I've got other skins etc, and she can't see them either.
I'll delete the lot and retry.
Cheers.

Jimbo Dredd
11-04-2011, 08:56 AM
My bro has been able to use everying on his profile:
Commando Dom (i redeemed the code)
Mechanic Baird (i redeemed the code)
Liquid Metal skin set (I purchased the pass, he didn't)
Horde Command pack

Cheers Nitestar. That clarifies it.
It's clearly issues with my content for some reason.
I'll try deleting everything as Legolas suggests and redownload it.

Thanks.

Philip1979
11-04-2011, 08:57 AM
My son was able to pick the new DLC weapon skins & characters when we where playing a local game of Horde.

Legolas Der Elb
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
I'll explain how the stuff with the DLC works (for ANY GAME), so you understand it :)
On the console, where you download the DLC FIRST (where you buy it with your profile/download it if you bought it online via PC), EVERY OTHER PROFILE has access to it.
You yourself have access to your DLC on ANY CONSOLE, AS LONG AS YOU ARE LOGGED IN TO XBOX LIVE WITH YOUR PROFILE.

BUT, if there is DLC, to which you have NO ACCESS (did your GF had other DLC which she has downloaded first to her console brought to you?), NONE DLC will work, not even YOUR OWN. You have to delete all the FOREIGN DLC to have access to YOUR DLC.
So, if you two want to share your DLC, make sure your GF FIRST downloads HER DLC on YOUR CONSOLE, and you download YOUR DLC first on HER CONSOLE (That's how I and my wife am doing it :)), or you can just use the DLC, YOU have downloaded first to your console.

SOLUTION:
Use www.xbox.com/drm (http://www.xbox.com/drm) to transfer all of her licences to your console and the other way around - the licence which you get on the first console when you download it WILL STAY THERE! so you don't loose anything with this :)

If there is ONLY YOUR DLC, and this is STILL NOT WORKING, then use the tool for YOUR profile, and transfer the licences to your own console (works, did that too), and redownload all DLC, THEN everybody will be able to use YOUR DLC on YOUR CONSOLE :)

My english isn't the best, but did you understand this? Maybe anyone can post this better as Sticky or something like that, a lot of ppl "lose their DLC", which is actually this problem described above ^^

TariKing
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
im wondering... im going to play horde with system link wit two consoles... but just my console have de DLC... if i copy my Profile and Contents to a pen drive, plug it in the other console and enter the xbox live with it, while keeping the other console offline... can i use de dlcs in both consoles?