PDA

View Full Version : Console Events!

13ip0lar
11-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm not going to make a long post. Just gonna keep it short and sweet. I've already made sure posting official links was cool with a mod, so please no crap for that. I just wanted to inform people that the official forums are very active and recommend you to check them out. I was surprised at how many people didn't know about the console event this last Thursday. The funny thing was all my friend I told got it, but I didn't. Sucks, but oh well.

Anyways official link to thread: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?15251-Console-Events

http://dungeondefenders.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Huntress1.jpg

One of the four images posted there. All read the same, they just use the different backgrounds trendy has released.

In case anyone was interested it seems to be modded game lobbies hosted by TrendyEnt employees. The item that was given out was the Lionheart, that was a monk weapon with 20k+ projectile speed. Everyone said they were very friendly and had a great time. I'll see on acquiring some pics.

Edit: Found a picture of the weapon on said thread via a camera phone: http://forums.trendyent.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=261&d=1320450734

Zero Judgement
11-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I think it's good that events are being hosted for an Arcade, makes it really worthwhile. Although Monster Madness and Dome of Thunder seem a bit annoying or not fun at all. Hopefully we will get some of the DLC soon too.

13ip0lar
11-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I think it's good that events are being hosted for an Arcade, makes it really worthwhile. Although Monster Madness and Dome of Thunder seem a bit annoying or not fun at all. Hopefully we will get some of the DLC soon too.

I've heard DLC is suppose to be this month, but that's all rumors, so I can't really trust that. However, I have seen dev posts saying they want to get us the event they had on PC, Spooktacular, "as soon as possible, and even as soon as November!" I would sift through the forums to find the exact post again, but really don't want to tbh lol. So that implies the we make get new characters, and/or maps very soon. Trust me when I say they don't want us to feel left out. I really can't wait for DLC when it is announced and finally released. :D

UnarmedReaper07
11-05-2011, 04:15 PM
If the console events were announced in the main menu of the game then more people would of probably knew about it. A bunch of games do this, but since this game didn't I missed out on the event.

*I think it's a nice thing that they are doing, but I wish that they would of announced it better for the consoles.

13ip0lar
11-05-2011, 11:30 PM
If the console events were announced in the main menu of the game then more people would of probably knew about it. A bunch of games do this, but since this game didn't I missed out on the event.

*I think it's a nice thing that they are doing, but I wish that they would of announced it better for the consoles.

Sadly Microsofts policies make that next to impossible unless they coded some type of announcement system into the game that got updated via a web address or something, similar to Battlefeed on BF3.

UnarmedReaper07
11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
I just played with the devs on the new challenge (Monster Madness). The weapon for it was a huntress flamethrower weapon and it looked good. (I didn't see the stats for it, but I saw it in action.) My team made it to wave 8/10, while the dev did nothing (lol). The bad thing is that my team lost with two squires and one monk. The good news is that my team made it to the highest wave so far attempted and gave us a runner-up prize.

The new weapon is called "Godly Electric Basic Crossbow" and sells for 1,000,000 mana. Here are the stats for it:

Godly Electric Basic Crossbow
Selling Price: 1,000,000
Levels: 25

73 Ranged Damage
120 Additional Lightning Damage
7 Shots per Second
100 Clip Ammo
+5 Hero Health Bonus
+3 Hero Speed Bonus
+1 Hero Damage
+2 Hero Casting
+3 Invisibility
+5 Piercing Shot
+4 Trap Det.
+3 Trap Reset
+10 Reload Bonus
+511 Projectile Speed Bonus

Overall, the dev was nice and friendly and so was my team. Just wish that my team won though.

*The "TE" crystal that was in the tavern was nice.

Zenxacred
11-11-2011, 05:00 AM
I just played with the devs on the new challenge (Monster Madness). The weapon for it was a huntress flamethrower weapon and it looked good. (I didn't see the stats for it, but I saw it in action.) My team made it to wave 8/10, while the dev did nothing (lol). The bad thing is that my team lost with two squires and one monk. The good news is that my team made it to the highest wave so far attempted and gave us a runner-up prize.

The new weapon is called "Godly Electric Basic Crossbow" and sells for 1,000,000 mana. Here are the stats for it:

Godly Electric Basic Crossbow
Selling Price: 1,000,000
Levels: 25

73 Ranged Damage
120 Additional Lightning Damage
7 Shots per Second
100 Clip Ammo
+5 Hero Health Bonus
+3 Hero Speed Bonus
+1 Hero Damage
+2 Hero Casting
+3 Invisibility
+5 Piercing Shot
+4 Trap Det.
+3 Trap Reset
+10 Reload Bonus
+511 Projectile Speed Bonus

Overall, the dev was nice and friendly and so was my team. Just wish that my team won though.

*The "TE" crystal that was in the tavern was nice.

We did pretty alright. The bow is nice isn't it?

UnarmedReaper07
11-11-2011, 05:14 AM
We did pretty alright. The bow is nice isn't it?

The bow is great. It's like a super "Mom's Bow".

Zenxacred
11-11-2011, 05:18 AM
The bow is great. It's like a super "Mom's Bow".

true. though i'd still would have rather had the Krayt weapon. walking fire wall... oh well :/

maybe a good weapon will be there next week. low gravity for everyone!

UnarmedReaper07
11-11-2011, 02:09 PM
true. though i'd still would have rather had the Krayt weapon. walking fire wall... oh well :/

maybe a good weapon will be there next week. low gravity for everyone!

The dev said the next event should be easier. I guess staying by the crystal(s) (forgot how many are in the level) would be the best strategy.

Zenxacred
11-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Finished the challenge! Reward was a Seppuku Firebolt. Squire weapon held backwards. Blade is behind character. :)

We won! Low grav was AWESOME!

UnarmedReaper07
11-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Well I didn't get into this week's event. The weapon was a lightsaber for the squire. The stats weren't that very good on it, since I looked my friend who got it. I might of gotten in if one of the developers weren't away for over two hours. I hope I get better luck for next week.

Zenxacred
11-18-2011, 03:22 AM
Well I didn't get into this week's event. The weapon was a lightsaber for the squire. The stats weren't that very good on it, since I looked my friend who got it. I might of gotten in if one of the developers weren't away for over two hours. I hope I get better luck for next week.

Stats are meh. I think they went for a more visual thing for this one.

Sadly though, the next event is on December 2nd. :(

UnarmedReaper07
11-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Stats are meh. I think they went for a more visual thing for this one.

Sadly though, the next event is on December 2nd. :(

I saw the date myself from this site. I wonder why they are taking a break from the events? The third developer should of been playing more, but if it was an emergency then I would of understood.

Zenxacred
11-18-2011, 03:32 AM
I saw the date myself from this site. I wonder why they are taking a break from the events? The third developer should of been playing more, but if it was an emergency then I would of understood.

They really should've. I had to wait 3 hours for an invite and I think I got one just because I resent it after 3 hours and posted both on their forums and on Facebook. 0_o

Same lady though - TrendyEnt1 from last time :)

UnarmedReaper07
11-18-2011, 03:42 AM
They really should've. I had to wait 3 hours for an invite and I think I got one just because I resent it after 3 hours and posted both on their forums and on Facebook. 0_o

Same lady though - TrendyEnt1 from last time :)

I was gonna send another message to them, but I didn't think they would of liked it if I spamed them with messages. Low gravity would of been great to try.

Zenxacred
11-18-2011, 05:03 AM
I was gonna send another message to them, but I didn't think they would of liked it if I spamed them with messages. Low gravity would of been great to try.

I definitely recommend posting on their facebook then. They encourage everyone to "Leave your name here too for more of a chance to get in".

:)

jorax
11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Sadly Microsofts policies make that next to impossible unless they coded some type of announcement system into the game that got updated via a web address or something, similar to Battlefeed on BF3.

Not really. There is a feature called Title Managed Storage (or TMS) that is currently in use in some XBLA games like A World of Keflings and Super Meat Boy. Might be what BF3 uses as well.

13ip0lar
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Really looking forward to this upcoming event. Hope I get in. Assuming it will be on hard like all the others, it should be cake. How many people have Labs on farm/afk status. Boss goes down fast on Insane, even if they quadrupled his health I don't foresee a problem.

Turlis12
11-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. This should be super easy, which means it maybe me 2x harder to get in. Wish you the best of luck man!

UnarmedReaper07
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Hopefully they don't have a developer "away from console" like last time so that more people can join. :)

13ip0lar
11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing. This should be super easy, which means it maybe me 2x harder to get in. Wish you the best of luck man!

Thanks. You too!

Hopefully they don't have a developer "away from console" like last time so that more people can join. :)

I just want to get into one damn event. Everyone I told about the first one didn't know about it and got in except me. So hopefully I can at least get in on an easy one. >_<!

UnarmedReaper07
12-02-2011, 02:57 AM
The event was complete garbage. All enemies had over 100,000 health and even up to 250,000 health. We made it to wave 6/7 with around 120 enemies left. The description for this event wasn't made clear enough. I thought that only the demon lord boss would be really powerful, not every single monster. This was like "nightmare mode" or something. My tower squire stats are above average and we still couldn't do it with all level 70's. My team got a stupid consolation prize of 500,000 instead of a weapon. I could make that much in my sleep. The guy said we had to get to the demon lord boss to get one. This was with "TE3" by the way. With the last event I was in "TE1" gave my team a weapon at least for making it to wave 8/10 for that monster fest all tower challenge.

The weapon for the challenge is called the "Chi Blast". It had 30 upgrades,100 fire, 120 knockback, is invisible, and the rest of the stats were nice as well.

* Nobody could beat this challenge legitly. I feel I'll never win a challenge, since they always want me to join on the challenges that are way too hard.

Axl DS
12-02-2011, 03:17 AM
Does anyone here actually have one of the event weapons?

UnarmedReaper07
12-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Does anyone here actually have one of the event weapons?

I only have one of the consolation prize's.

*It has the name "Godly Electric Basic Crossbow", but someone said the real name of it is "Defender's Star".

13ip0lar
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
The event was complete garbage. All enemies had over 100,000 health and even up to 250,000 health. We made it to wave 6/7 with around 120 enemies left. The description for this event wasn't made clear enough. I thought that only the demon lord boss would be really powerful, not every single monster. This was like "nightmare mode" or something. My tower squire stats are above average and we still couldn't do it with all level 70's. My team got a stupid consolation prize of 500,000 instead of a weapon. I could make that much in my sleep. The guy said we had to get to the demon lord boss to get one. This was with "TE3" by the way. With the last event I was in "TE1" gave my team a weapon at least for making it to wave 8/10 for that monster fest all tower challenge.

The weapon for the challenge is called the "Chi Blast". It had 30 upgrades,100 fire, 120 knockback, is invisible, and the rest of the stats were nice as well.

* Nobody could beat this challenge legitly. I feel I'll never win a challenge, since they always want me to join on the challenges that are way too hard.

I just realized the event was yesterday and I missed. Sounds like I wouldn't have much better luck anyways. I've just stopped caring to be honest. Oh well. Still love the game, but not waiting with baited breath for the next updated or DLC for console.

AFreakinCabbag3
12-03-2011, 10:18 AM

Atleast you got in I've tried the last 3 with no luck or an inv :(.

Turlis12
12-04-2011, 01:58 PM

You say about never winning a challenge......? Well I have sent messages for all 5 or so events and never ONCE got a response. I can slowly see the console players beginning to turn on trendy for their lack of dlc and the way they run events. At this point if they just gave us super loot and nightmare difficulty with a higher mana/lvl cap I would be happy.

UnarmedReaper07
12-04-2011, 02:40 PM
You say about never winning a challenge......? Well I have sent messages for all 5 or so events and never ONCE got a response. I can slowly see the console players beginning to turn on trendy for their lack of dlc and the way they run events. At this point if they just gave us super loot and nightmare difficulty with a higher mana/lvl cap I would be happy.

I was saying that I never won any of the event challenges. It seems out of the four events so far I was invited on the two really hard ones. I couldn't do the first one, since I never knew about the events.

When it comes to other players I know it sucks to never get invited. Some people I seen on the DD forums got invited to pretty much all of the events. I think its pretty much based on luck. The game does need dlc and patches to keep people playing the game. This though takes time, since Microsoft verifies stuff at a snail's pace. These "events" are just a scapegoat so people will be less mad about the delay of the dlc and patch.

Turlis12
12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I was talking to someone I usually farm with and he was telling me that one of his friends got into the last event on Alc lab two times, lol. Sadly his team failed twice and never received the staff. But getting in two times and other people not getting in at all is just crappy.

As for the dlc, I just have to keep reminding myself its coming. It angers me to see a crap game like MW3 get like 4 patches within 3 weeks and Trendy cannot even get one through.

Axl DS
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Mw3 can easily net the money for a patch however, all they needed to do was sell a nonrefundable product to kids thats really only usable by adults, wait thats ELITE.

Turlis12
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Mw3 can easily net the money for a patch however, all they needed to do was sell a nonrefundable product to kids thats really only usable by adults, wait thats ELITE.

LOL point well spoken sir!

I got rid of MW3 last week when WWE12 came out and I still could not use elite. What garbage!

Andreas_loel
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
LOL point well spoken sir!

I got rid of MW3 last week when WWE12 came out and I still could not use elite. What garbage!

Im confused to whats most garbage here, the game where you play as old sweaty guys and you hug other guys. Or the thing you get for free with the hardened edition

Axl DS
12-04-2011, 09:58 PM
You get a year of Elite "free" when you buy the version that's nearly double the standard version. No, when you really look at it you buy it at a discount for buying the hardened edition plus they'll throw in freebies you would expect from a Gamestop preorder.

Turlis12
12-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Im confused to whats most garbage here, the game where you play as old sweaty guys and you hug other guys. Or the thing you get for free with the hardened edition

LOL I was clearly speaking about Elite.

UnarmedReaper07
12-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Here is some great news for you guys that never get into the events:

"So for this weekís challenge, Iím getting a full nightís rest, grabbing a pack of Monster and starting the events early. From 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST, on both Thursday and Friday, I will be manning the helm (unlike Peyton*) and inviting people to kill ALL the enemies. Thatís eight extra hours of community co-op action, and itís all because of my love for you."

This is taken from the "Dungeon Defenders" main site and was posted by "Hitmonchan". I think he is "Trendyent2" on the xbox 360. For more information check out the link below:

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?31927-DunDef-Digest-12-5-11&p=239059#post239059

13ip0lar
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Here is some great news for you guys that never get into the events:

"So for this weekís challenge, Iím getting a full nightís rest, grabbing a pack of Monster and starting the events early. From 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST, on both Thursday and Friday, I will be manning the helm (unlike Peyton*) and inviting people to kill ALL the enemies. Thatís eight extra hours of community co-op action, and itís all because of my love for you."

This is taken from the "Dungeon Defenders" main site and was posted by "Hitmonchan". I think he is "Trendyent2" on the xbox 360. For more information check out the link below:

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?31927-DunDef-Digest-12-5-11&p=239059#post239059

I just read this. I'm totally gonna actually attempt to get into it now. Sad part is there is bound to be people that spend the better part of those 12 hours getting in, or not getting in. With my luck I will be one of them. Hope the weapon is still legit. Also to clarify, I remember in one of the digests him saying they were gonna switch the PSN and XBL dates for one event. Has that already come and gone or?

Turlis12
12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Starting with the event this week the dates are permanently switched.

UnarmedReaper07
12-09-2011, 03:15 AM
I heard that "Hitmonchan" is "Trendyent3", but you guys should check each gamertag and see if they are doing the event.

*The prize on PS3 is a "Giant Hammer" and they said it was an easy event. (DD website)

Axl DS
12-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Who's it for? Squire?

UnarmedReaper07
12-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Who's it for? Squire?

Yeah, it's for the squire.

13ip0lar
12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
GDI, I missed this event too. I can't be asked to remember these dates anymore. Oh well...

UnarmedReaper07
12-09-2011, 02:36 PM
GDI, I missed this event too. I can't be asked to remember these dates anymore. Oh well...

The event is today for xbox 360. You haven't missed it yet.

UnarmedReaper07
12-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Won the hammer from the event. The event was actually not that hard compared to the other ones.

UnarmedReaper07
12-17-2011, 03:38 AM
Didn't get into the event. :(

*Willing to give almost anything (even my giraffe) for a "T-26".

13ip0lar
12-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Didn't get into the event. :(

*Willing to give almost anything (even my giraffe) for a "T-26".

o.O

What was the T-26?

Axl DS
12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
The hammer from last week? I'll trade you the T-26 for it if its still un-upgraded.

UnarmedReaper07
12-17-2011, 05:49 PM
The hammer from last week? I'll trade you the T-26 for it if its still un-upgraded.

I still have the hammer (Senior Judge) from last week un-upgraded. I'll make the trade :)

GT: UnarmedReaper07

UnarmedReaper07
12-17-2011, 05:54 PM
o.O

What was the T-26?

It's a monk weapon from the event last night. I heard the weapon looks like the firegrass scythe and has around these stats:

111 Base dmg
8 range dmg
120 fire dmg
+4 projectiles
+20 hero health
+6 hero speed
+20 hero dmg
+6 casting speed
+20 tower boost
+20 hero boost
+6 tower health
+6 tower speed
+600 projectile speed
40 upgrades

Axl DS
12-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Send a msg to my GT so we can arrange a time.

UnarmedReaper07
12-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Send a msg to my GT so we can arrange a time.

I don't know what to say about what happened to our deal. In the future if you make a deal with someone make sure you do it. Don't stall on the trade like you did. If you don't then you'll probably make a lot of people hate you. :mad:

Axl DS
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't know what to say about what happened to our deal. In the future if you make a deal with someone make sure you do it. Don't stall on the trade like you did. If you don't then you'll probably make a lot of people hate you. :mad:

1a) Its the nature of bartering - I was fine with your offer, but really when someone offers literally double the original offer, that being 2 Senior Judges, logic says that the bigger offer is better.
1b) The other offerer was someone I previously dealt with and someone who reads this and other DD forums, so it was more favorable to take his instead.
2) Stall? You need to accept people have responsibilities outside of gaming, like work. I am in the middle of a period of 10-hour shifts and still have to deal with another one before I get a day off. Given the time period difference it would be 4 am for you by the time I get home, so unless you want to do trades at the crack of dawn I don't know what to tell you.
3) I'll let you know right now, I got possession of a SECOND T-26 ironically, so I have both now. Can I still do the original offer, yes - but you just attempted to slander my rep so nope.

UnarmedReaper07
12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
1a) Its the nature of bartering - I was fine with your offer, but really when someone offers literally double the original offer, that being 2 Senior Judges, logic says that the bigger offer is better.
1b) The other offerer was someone I previously dealt with and someone who reads this and other DD forums, so it was more favorable to take his instead.
2) Stall? You need to accept people have responsibilities outside of gaming, like work. I am in the middle of a period of 10-hour shifts and still have to deal with another one before I get a day off. Given the time period difference it would be 4 am for you by the time I get home, so unless you want to do trades at the crack of dawn I don't know what to tell you.
3) I'll let you know right now, I got possession of a SECOND T-26 ironically, so I have both now. Can I still do the original offer, yes - but you just attempted to slander my rep so nope.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I was just trying to give some tips for future offers. I was just a bit mad about what happened. A lot of people in my situation would of felt the same way. With your current post I fully understand your situation now and I know that I was acting like a jerk. I hope that you can forgive me.

UnarmedReaper07
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Axl DS I'm not going to apologize any more or send more messages to you. I don't care about the weapon any more. I just wanted to make everything right so there wouldn't be no hard feelings between us. I will still wish you a Merry Christmas and to everyone on this site. :woop:

UnarmedReaper07
12-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Got a 45 upgrade "Elf the Wood" staff from the event. Even though I lost the event and Trendy even played. :)

Tip: Soul Focuser is OP in PVP.

UnarmedReaper07
01-07-2012, 07:51 AM
The "Console Events" are officially over now. (There might be more in the future) At least I was able to get 3 out of 4 types of hero class weapons. (If I had a monk event weapon I would of had a set. :) Here are my opinions based on the events:

I think that it was a great idea of "Trendy" to create these events. Even though they probably created them to make up for the lack of console content. The lack of more devs hosting events made it where alot less people were able to join them. Most of the time one out of the three devs weren't even online or AFK for hours. (I can understand if there were an emergency, but almost in every event though?) The people that never got in never had the chance to play the fun new modes. :( With the end of the console events console players might go back to being angry about the lack of more console dlc and no patches. Overall, I think that the events were a good idea, but they probably should of been thought out more.

*Please leave your opinions on this matter if you wish.

UnarmedReaper07
01-13-2012, 01:31 AM
On the main DD site there are custom events being held for the xbox 360. These events are being held by people on the forum (non-developers). The "TE" team decided to give them a bunch of "chi blasts" for the winners of the events. (I thought "TE" wouldn't trust event weapons to people holding custom events?) This was after the first event so people wouldn't know about the "chi blasts" until after the event. Hopefully they give them out for future events.

Axl DS
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
Want the behind scenes story? The two who designed the events are associated with them, and I personally tested the community events myself, so hooray Chi Blast for me!

It was by host request that all participants keep the event reward secret until the Digest came out, which everyone upheld. Only about 6 people including myself knew beforehand what the reward was. The hosts are being much more lenient as well, they held it for more than 12 hours during the event. They are also planning to hold a second day tomorrow to give away the rest of the Chi Blasts.

Good luck if you wish to participate, to date NO ONE has passed the event.

UnarmedReaper07
01-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Want the behind scenes story? The two who designed the events are associated with them, and I personally tested the community events myself, so hooray Chi Blast for me!

It was by host request that all participants keep the event reward secret until the Digest came out, which everyone upheld. Only about 6 people including myself knew beforehand what the reward was. The hosts are being much more lenient as well, they held it for more than 12 hours during the event. They are also planning to hold a second day tomorrow to give away the rest of the Chi Blasts.

Good luck if you wish to participate, to date NO ONE has passed the event.

Thank you for the information. Hopefully I can win one. :)

Axl DS
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
The lobby for the event is setup, if you want an attempt at a Chi Blast you want to try it now, as there is only 4 left.

Send a message to xXxJUDGE DREDD, and if you spam messages you will be kicked to the bottom of the waiting list. Mic is preferred for this challenge.

UnarmedReaper07
01-14-2012, 01:22 AM
The lobby for the event is setup, if you want an attempt at a Chi Blast you want to try it now, as there is only 4 left.

Send a message to xXxJUDGE DREDD, and if you spam messages you will be kicked to the bottom of the waiting list. Mic is preferred for this challenge.

I couldn't get into the event, since my city had a power outage. Sent a message to him when the power came back on, but he wasn't online. Thank you anyways Axl.