PDA

View Full Version : Difficult for a new player

DanceRandyDance
11-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, I bought this game last night, and I absolutely love it. The only problem I'm having, is that I die quite often, and quite easily. It's unrelated to the controls, given that I'm a lefty so the controls feel quite natural to me, rather, I just seem to suck. I'm half way through 5 on professional with no issue, yet I die so easily on 4. Did anyone have a rough time with their first time playing this game, or am I just bad?

Schism
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
it took me about 20 total hours to beat it my first time, so no your not bad. Its just hard to get used to. A little tip on pro is shoot them in the knee and have them go down on them, then run up and do the "Suplex". Pretty much takes alot of enemies out with one blow, usually resulting in the enemies head blowing off. If it doesnt kill them just use the knife. Just try and get all treasures and upgrade your strongest one. I usually run through with the RED9 and the Rifle. Hope that helps

phenixdwn
11-13-2011, 03:47 AM
when I originally got this game for gamecube I probably died 100 times through my first playthrough. Being the first Resident Evil game done in an over the shoulder format it takes some getting used to. I even had trouble re-acclimating myself after playing Gears 3 for the past 2 months.

Sgt Scyther
11-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Everyone here might act like RE4 Professional is easy, but that's only because we've beaten it a million times. To someone new it can be very difficult. Heck, even I forgot just how hard Professional could be. But don't get discouraged! Just keep it at it, learn to conserve ammo, try to use the knife a lot, and keep Ashley safe and close and eventually you should be able to pull through.

If you want to make things a little easier on you, complete the Ada game "Seperate Ways" and unlock the Gangster Leon and Knight Ashley costumes. When Ashley is in her Knight costume she cannot be damaged and enemies can't pick her up to take her away.

Scotty
01-01-2012, 12:23 AM
im finding this very difficult at the moment, although the only time i died is for the cheevo with the lake monster. i did have this for ps2 i remember going through with my mate doing 1 hour each, rotating and when we got to a boss we swapped after every death until we did it and as far as i can remember the last boss i remember is the village chief.

my main problem is ammo, and having weak ass guns. im now at the part just after defending the house in chapter 2-2(i think), and got mullered by the el giganto going down the right path. had to turn off at that point, getting stressed at it. but i have to say its bringing back very fond memories and i am well chuffed that i bought it. contemplating code veronica x now, only completed about half of that for ps2 then give up. i imagine the same will happen if i buy it for 360 aswell.

slimepunch
01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
It's a lot tougher than Res5 or Code Veronica that's for sure.
I played Res4 over the Xmas period for the first time and it was really frustrating in parts. Usually due to low ammo. I had to sell off some weapons and upgrade others. Some parts I made it through by the skin of my teeth, literally. The 'IT' battle was the most problematic for me because aside from the two explosive barrels i had 6 shotgun rounds and 4 pistol rounds lol. I had to reload the last save and sort out my weapon cache big time.
I think in some ways Res5 watered me down with the Resident Evil games. In co op its so much easier.Even Veronica which i originally played on the DC was nowhere near as tough as Res4.
I managed to finish Res4 today and I'm thankful I now have access to an infinite rocket launcher on my next playthrough!

XanderShaw
01-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Playing it the first time around before buying the 360 port was a breeze. Now it's been so long, I can barely hold my own. I used to play RE5 like a champ and even though there's no real difference (at least to me), I suck at RE4HD right now.

Tr1z1um
01-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't think its you because I remember when RE4 came out for Gamecube and I had a little trouble with it. Same goes for when it came to PS2. I remember having problems with all RE titles in someway. I find it easier to be patient and watchful on your surroundings. Little bit of constant movement helps to.