PDA

View Full Version : Lost Post Count?

Deftone2k6 Uk
07-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey guys just thought id mention it to other peeps of x360a that the other day i just made 300th post on this awesome site and then for some reason either Sunday night or early Monday morning i was back down to 150 posts i was just wondering if i did anything wrong at all:confused:

P.s Sorry minty for PM over this issue should of put it here first :)

Tussell
07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
There may have been threads that were deleted in which you had posts in.

Kaens
07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
There may have been threads that were deleted in which you had posts in.Exactly, either

spam
signed ups in achievement trading threads
gamerscore leagueAll of those are frequent causes of lost posts.

Zef
07-31-2007, 11:22 PM
If the Staff regard posts as spam they will delete them, you probably had 150 spammy posts that the Staff were more than happy to remove, or posted in some condemned threads that have been removed.

Just be sure not to spam the forums to get your post count up, even if it is in good nature. It just makes more work for the Staff and you'll never catch up to DaWebbmeister anyway.

Shaaady Souljah
08-01-2007, 02:18 AM
yeah, it most likely is not because of you having crappy posts... it is usually like kaens said: old threads, closed threads, deleted threads, etc. so if you posted a lot in the GSL area or in a game that is now past its prime, that is probably why.

Deftone2k6 Uk
08-01-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the help guys i will keep that in mind in the future if it happens :)

Jdm
08-01-2007, 07:25 AM
yeah, it most likely is not because of you having crappy posts... it is usually like kaens said: old threads, closed threads, deleted threads, etc. so if you posted a lot in the GSL area or in a game that is now past its prime, that is probably why.

I have a second question regarding this topic.

I honestly don't care about my Post Count as I love this site with or without it, but one has to wonder...will there ever be so many threads being deleted, that a majority of the senior and current members won't even be allowed to join certain clubs or forums? Ex: 200 and 1000 Clubs that have a 100 Post requirement.

Also, how would that effect the site's Member Rankings?

Thanks for reading guys!

Tussell
08-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, isn't it a 100 post minimum to Sign-Up?
Once you're already signed up, it should matter right?

Cyrex
08-01-2007, 08:18 AM
yes there is a 100 post minimum but if you get it and then post there and then get you posts deleted then they count as spam and it is "100 non-spam posts" so you would have to wait

and Zef if he had 150 spm posts then he would be banned, i got a warning for my only spam post for the entire time i've been here at x360a..... and it wasn't even spam

Zef
08-01-2007, 10:27 AM
and Zef if he had 150 spm posts then he would be banned, i got a warning for my only spam post for the entire time i've been here at x360a..... and it wasn't even spam

I have 3000 spam posts and I haven't been banned =D

Once you are signed up to something on the forums that needs certain requirements, which you have met, then you don't usually need to sign up again if your post count goes down unless it does so dramatically. If you are a senior member then you don't have any worries =)

Jdm
08-02-2007, 12:56 AM
I have 3000 spam posts and I haven't been banned =D

Once you are signed up to something on the forums that needs certain requirements, which you have met, then you don't usually need to sign up again if your post count goes down unless it does so dramatically. If you are a senior member then you don't have any worries =)

Sounds good to me, Zef. Thanks for the reply guys!:)

P.S. 3000 Spam Post? If the notorious House was still here, she would've already beat you, Zef!:p

L3giOn
08-02-2007, 03:34 AM
Deftone, you had 150 posts that said the exact same thing. Copy and paste in the member profile section isn't cool, especially when it makes up half your post count. Try to switch it up a little bit and there won't be a problem in the future. ;)

Hulking Bubba65
08-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Because you always post this:
"Welcome to the site bud enjoy your stay:drunk"
In the member profile section.

Deftone2k6 Uk
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
My apologies for that its just my standard welcome thats all but i have made a note for future reference :)

JJ UK
08-07-2007, 12:16 AM
wow deftone ... 150 posts of the same thing? thats almost enough to rival House =p sometimes my posts go walkies .. and since shutting down the team boards I lost some posts and my resources + tut =( ah well life goes on.