PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Novel Tie-in

ringmaster411
11-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has read the tie-in Graphic Novel yet, considering the factb that it is just a tie-in for a video game it is extremely good and dark. Not Year One level or anything but certainly better than the average Batman book.

My only concern is that whilst they've built up a great storyline, the game will ignore it and just be random multiplayer batttles with no storyline progression.

I Anger I
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM
whats the name of the novel?

ofay
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Love it when people post something with half the info then never respond back, I have heard nothing of a comic book tie in

jonnyMAGNUM
01-27-2012, 10:12 PM
There's a "tie-in" of 24 issues of Detective Comics, where a variation of the Joker drug is released, which causes people to go crazy and be violent, separating users into either Joker impostors or Batman impostors. Contrary to what ringmaster411 said, it's not a video game tie-in, but rather just another story in Detective Comics.

ofay
01-28-2012, 03:46 AM
There's a "tie-in" of 24 issues of Detective Comics, where a variation of the Joker drug is released, which causes people to go crazy and be violent, separating users into either Joker impostors or Batman impostors. Contrary to what ringmaster411 said, it's not a video game tie-in, but rather just another story in Detective Comics.
Do you happen to know what issues?

jonnyMAGNUM
01-28-2012, 04:54 AM
It happens vaguely around 867 through 891, but that's not the main story line through that. "The Black Mirror" arc happens from 871 though 881, so the whole impostors thing is a bit of an aside, but it's still there.

Also, there was a similar event happening in the Batman Beyond TV series where there were a gang of Jokers as well, but it's not exactly the same thing.

Natz
02-01-2012, 04:38 PM
yeah theres the detective comics and also a book called Batman Imposters

ofay
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
yeah theres the detective comics and also a book called Batman Imposters
Link to said book

leper33
02-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Yeah I've got the graphic novel. Not a bad read but def nothing special. Has some interesting looking Jokerz and Batman wannabes in it tho.

Link: http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/comics/?cm=19065

Different picture on the front to the one I have tho. Probably just the dodgy Aussie publishers.

ofay
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Cool, thanks for the link. As for cover difference you could have a different version (an early publishing) or it could be region