PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else...

Metalligav
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Starting to feel really old by the posts stating how old people were when they first started playing GTA?

I started on the very first game at 13 and have played every game in the series. So was 17 by the time III came out, I spent my second ever set of wages on a PS2 with GTA III (the first lot went on my first mobile phone).

So basically, stop making me feel old. lol.

MediumMelanin
11-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Wha-what? So...you're like in your late 20's? Hmm...oh, well...what can you do? I started playing GTA VC when I was 10, then I got GTA III, followed by SA, etc.

rekikire
11-09-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm in my 40s and I haven't played any GTA game. got IV on my shelf waiting, but it's behind a long list of other games that I still need to play.

Barad
11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I think I was like 14 when I really started to play the GTA game's course I'm only 18 so was too young to play them when most of them first came out.

Metalligav
11-10-2011, 02:30 PM
course I'm only 18 so was too young to play them when most of them first came out.
Who wasn't? lol.

Did you hear about the 6 year old in America who 'taught himself to drive' by playing GTA and drove himself half way to school before he crashed?
Seriously, what sort of parent lets a 6 year old play GTA?

LNG SaNdMaN
11-10-2011, 02:50 PM

:eek:

http://bitmob.com/articles/my-four-year-old-son-plays-grand-theft-auto

FeatherbottomMR
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Who wasn't? lol.

Did you hear about the 6 year old in America who 'taught himself to drive' by playing GTA and drove himself half way to school before he crashed?
wow that is pretty funny... but those parents proly shouldn't be having kids if they let that kinda stuff happen....

Barad
11-10-2011, 11:21 PM

That is just freaking wrong but kudos to the kid for getting halfway. I only just started to learn to drive LOL

paarman
11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Starting to feel really old by the posts stating how old people were when they first started playing GTA?

I started on the very first game at 13 and have played every game in the series. So was 17 by the time III came out, I spent my second ever set of wages on a PS2 with GTA III (the first lot went on my first mobile phone).

I'm in the same boat as you. I was around the same age 12-13 playing the first one, I'm 25 now. I have loved every game, R* never disappoints!

Metalligav
11-12-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. I was around the same age 12-13 playing the first one, I'm 25 now. I have loved every game, R* never disappoints!
Yeah, R* seem to just make awesome games. The only 2 series of games I have owned (almost) every game of are FIFA and GTA and I always keep an eye on what else R* are doing, I loved Red Dead and LA Noire too.

InsaneKane87
11-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm in my 40s and I haven't played any GTA game. got IV on my shelf waiting, but it's behind a long list of other games that I still need to play.

Burn your copy of IV and go buy SA, you will play that till the day you die. Hours of endless fun!

demonizer_andy
11-16-2011, 11:18 AM
27 now n il never be too old for gaming gosh darn it lol, tho the comment how a 6 year old taught himself to drive with gta awesome so clutch control, manual gear changes indication, lane changes, awesome and if it was an automatic im glad it taught him out to get it out of neutral, what a load of bollox lol

DEG23
11-16-2011, 11:35 PM
^^^it could have been worse, he could have pulled over after he saw a hooker and reached across the front seat for the baseball bat he kept on the floor.

Rickmassacre
11-16-2011, 11:46 PM

shame on you..
get playing!!

GrimSovereignty
12-03-2011, 03:56 AM
I started playing Vice City when I was 13. I've been playing GTA ever since then.

Masta Mylez
12-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Burn your copy of IV and go buy SA, you will play that till the day you die. Hours of endless fun!
IV may have been more empty then San Andreas but the ragdoll effects when you roll over people in a car going down a sidewalk are so much better. I love SA but I would now rather spend my time playing IV becaues the game engine is so much better, in my humble opinion.
I sure V will have the all elements and the replay value that made Vice City and San Andreas so fun

dwayne_hicks
12-07-2011, 02:40 AM
I was about 8 when I started to play GTA III. Been a fan since, still play Vice City (Finally got around to buying it again, after it broke a few years ago) and San Andreas more than IV.

xholy shackles
12-07-2011, 02:42 AM
i started with gta 3. was a dumb kid back then, and i have to say, all i did was run around and kil people. i had no clue there was a single player story to it hahaha.

AtomicThumbs
12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
I was 20 when GTA 3 came out.

niko da bos
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM

what a great read, lol thank you. dont really agree with his parenting style, but that kid was pretty cute. he actually refused to steal a car because it was already occupied lol. then spent his entire playtime busting criminals / bringing people to the hospital / and putting out fires :p

StoRmTr00pEr 25
04-13-2012, 11:15 AM
im only 22 now and have played gta since GTA3. cant wait for the next instalment!

Graivul
07-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Well as I am 39 I have played them all since the very first....who would have thought that top-down driving game would have become what it is today....but then again when I was a kid the first game I played at home involved the old Atari Video Game System in 1980 when I was 7 :/.....so as an old fart I have seen a LOT of changes in the gaming world lol

Ahh memories......

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1039/grandtheftauto.jpg
Where GTA began....

Bubble Supreme
07-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately I could never really warm to GTA IV, loved San Andreas though. Hopefully V takes more from it.

Dazz
08-17-2012, 07:31 PM

You're 28 too? And also a Metallica fan?

Maybe we're, like, twins? lol

Dazz
08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
IV may have been more empty then San Andreas but the ragdoll effects when you roll over people in a car going down a sidewalk are so much better. I love SA but I would now rather spend my time playing IV becaues the game engine is so much better, in my humble opinion.
I sure V will have the all elements and the replay value that made Vice City and San Andreas so fun

Here's the thing.

I hated SA and hated IV too. I think I was ruined by the awesomeness of VC cause there hasn't been a great GTA game since then IMO. Hope V changes that.

thisispreston
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
i remember playing the first GTA on PC when i was about 11, played every one since (main games anyway, not handheld ones etc)

dwayne_hicks
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Well shit, lets just give you an empty box with a good engine, you'll enjoy it.

* Clueless *
08-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Couldn't agree more with the OP!

I loved the first one, and was addicted to the music. The cool thing about the old PS1 games were that you could play the Soundtrack if you put it in a regular CD player.

I think it was 45 minutes worth of Head Radio. :biglaugh

GTA on PS1 - I was horrible at the game - I was too young. I couldn't remember what the Beeper was sending me half the time and I remember killing way too many monks? (I think they were monks, they were in yellow and always in a line - maybe prisoners?:confused:)

The thing I remember clearly was the blue Beast GTS that was parked just north of the Park.

I picked up GTA for Gameboy Colour expecting the same game, complete with Head Radio and was sadly let down. :(

My favourite <3 game of all time (next to Halo) is Vice City. And I live 26 minutes north of Miami Beach to boot! :D
Like everyone else, I cannot wait for it to be re-released!!

Thanks for joining me on this trip down memory lane! :p

Kunduz
08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Startling realisation: I was young at one point in time :eek:

St80fEmergency
08-24-2012, 03:55 PM
I think I was about 12 years old when I picked up my first copy of GTAIII from my friend. That was a hell of a good time, and to this day is still one of my favorite games that I have ever played. Yea it was pretty straightforward and simple, but that it what made the game great. My love for the series started to fade after San Andreas, but if I new one comes out, I will certainly give it a try.

ChickinOnaChain
08-24-2012, 04:21 PM
I've never played any GTA game. I did play a demo years ago and didn't care for it. The only thing I saw in GTA that caught my eye, was the add-on that had bikers in it. And I was 48 when the first one came out.

Maff0
09-13-2012, 08:25 AM
i started GTA, when i was at my neighbours house, i was about 7 or so and played GTA 2 on the PS. i loved how you could fart and burp haha:P, and to today i still have it on my pc. somehow just the coolness of hearing the announcer say: COP KILLA !, INSAAANEEEE STUNT BONUS ! or ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDINNGGGG !. <- i loved the elvis followers with their qoutes.

ever since then i have played everygame of GTA, but i only bought vice city and san andreas just to spawn trashmasters and run over people and motors :P it wasnt until like 2006 that i actually played all missions.

now im 19 and cant wait for GTA 5 !

laeth66
10-01-2012, 01:56 PM
meh. I feel older when thinking about my n64 days.

InsaneKane87
10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
So many memories, remembering the day when I first played GTA III then went to Funcoland and got GTA Vice City (I remember mom saying "can't believe I'm paying full price for this") later on getting GTA SA and playing that for years, then getting my 360 with my first game GTA IV. Gosh how time has flys by, I need to get in the TARDIS and go back to GTA III again.