PDA

View Full Version : Online Pass?

onemorechanc
11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Will "Need for Speed: The Run" use an online pass? I know most of the recent games in the series have, but haven't found much about this new one. Thanks in advance for any information.

CouchOrnament
11-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Without a doubt. EA will be using the online passes for all their MP. Which is no big deal if you buy the game new and support the developer. If you buy it used, get ready to pay your dues.

reelgenius
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I was just wondering that myself. Google found this:
http://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/addonDetail/248020

It's for PSN in China but I'd assume all regions/systems will have it. I wish they would change it. I don't buy used games myself and I don't see a problem with them trying to get money for using their own hosted online services. I do however rent games from time to time and I hate renting a game that only had a single player demo to try multiplayer only to find that I need a $10 code in addition to paying for the rental.

I would have liked to try BF3 on Xbox for a day but it would cost me an additional $10 to do so. This game too I am interested in seeing how the full online portion works but the demo was only 2 short SP races. I was going to rent it at Redbox for $2 to try it for a day and see if it was worth getting. Without having any MP (assuming they still left out any split screen) I'll probably just wait for it to have a steep price drop all of a sudden as NFS:HP did.

If they would just add a 7 day trial pass that you can get it would be fine. If you're gonna play for more than 7 days playing onling you might as well just go ahead and buy it instead of renting anyway. Oh well, hopefully EA will work on it and come up with something that's more accessible.

Klint Beastw00d
11-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm about 99.99 percent sure this will have an online pass. Any games EA makes anymore have them and Hot Pursuit had one so you can bet on it.

Barad
11-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Hot Persuit didn't have an online pass did it? might do this time..

Dashapeshifter
11-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Hot Pursuit didn't have an online pass did it? might do this time..Actually Hot Pursuit did have an online pass. The Run most likely will as well. Also it is going to be 29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy.

Dirty130
11-16-2011, 09:18 PM
I can confirm The Run does require a Online Pass but.. It does present you with a 2 Day Trial too :)

Crazy BigGaz
11-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I can confirm The Run does require a Online Pass but.. It does present you with a 2 Day Trial too :)

I am thinking about renting this, so I will have 2 days to do online or I will need to buy the pass for more than 2 days?

Killerchronic
11-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm using up my free trial now, noticed that while you may be able to play MP with the trial you can't upload a photo, so thats 1 cheevo out if your renting.

vithzeral
11-19-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm using up my free trial now, noticed that while you may be able to play MP with the trial you can't upload a photo, so thats 1 cheevo out if your renting.

Yes, so completionists beware,1000 is not possible without buying the online pass.

Fifa08Meister
11-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes it needs a online pass :)

GANZ VII
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
I was told that the online pass code for this game also unlocks mp for hot pursuit.
Is this correct or was the bloke in GAME pulling my plonker?:confused: