PDA

View Full Version : Digital vs Analog buttons

Xavier0080
11-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the PS2 had digital button inputs for the square buttons. When i tried to do this on the Xbox controller, I figured the buttons on this controller are now analog so I cannot lower my weapon peacefully like it was possible to do on the PS2 one. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone found a way around it?

ZombieLover84
11-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the PS2 had digital button inputs for the square buttons. When i tried to do this on the Xbox controller, I figured the buttons on this controller are now analog so I cannot lower my weapon peacefully like it was possible to do on the PS2 one. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone found a way around it?

The same thing happened when they remade Twin Snakes on GC. In that game, you had a safety button you could press to lower your weapon, and then if you released it your gun would come up. Same thing as the pressure sensitive, except you are using two buttons instead of one. I prefered this way, because every once in a while in MGS2 I would, of course on accident, shoot a guard I was trying to hold up.

Int3rnalF3ar
11-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Just click the left stick. It'll drop and raise your weapon just fine. Is that what you're talking about?

SynysterChris
02-14-2012, 06:27 AM
Just click the left stick. It'll drop and raise your weapon just fine. Is that what you're talking about?

awesome thanks a lot, this really helped out.

L Ducko
02-16-2012, 10:37 AM

I found this when I went for my first dog tag as snake right from the start... Held the guy up from behind and nailed him weigh a tranquilizer dart... By the time I got him to start shaking it off he passed out and I had to wake him up! And that was only one of the various new controller layouts that have caused me many headaches!

Duder
05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed that aswell. Man, I'm really happy with the X360 Controller but no analog buttons changes the way I play alot.

sircamjim
06-14-2012, 10:50 AM
What I do is, while pressing RB and X I release X, press RT and then release X. It's the way I used in MGS in PSX, but yeah, I really miss analog front buttons, specially while trying to aim with the carabines (M4 and AKS-74u)