PDA

View Full Version : Were the controls always this awkward?

GuyAboveMeSucks
11-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I dont remember the controls being so awkward. Its been quite a number of years since i played these but dang MGS2 has some odd controls that im still finding myself fumbling with.

Int3rnalF3ar
11-10-2011, 04:27 AM
Yeah, I believe that's how they were.

Echilion
11-10-2011, 05:20 AM
I dont remember the controls being so awkward. Its been quite a number of years since i played these but dang MGS2 has some odd controls that im still finding myself fumbling with.

I'm having issues too haha. I could have sworn the controls were easier

Kaiyo
11-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm getting used to the controls by now.

BanzaiMike
11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Just playing Metal Gear Solid on the PSP at the mo (useful for when the wife's watching telly) and I'm reliving all those awkward boss battles when your controller skills are tested. Snake usually ends up dying because I couldn't move him the way I wanted, so yes... controls are a pain but overall a good game.

tkhbecker
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Well given the fact that people are bitching bout controls being hard to use Im guessing no one played Monster Hunter for the PS2 back in 2004.

Do not try to compare the controls to todays standards due to the fact that alot of the developers have learned from games like this.

GR4Y F0X II
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Well given the fact that people are bitching bout controls being hard to use Im guessing no one played Monster Hunter for the PS2 back in 2004.

Do not try to compare the controls to todays standards due to the fact that alot of the developers have learned from games like this.

Hahaha. I loved Monster Hunter, and I really didn't find the controls to be all that bad for that game. That's another masterpiece in my opinion they should remake in HD.

I really don't get why so many people are having problems with the control scheme. It's like second nature to me, but then again I played Sons of Liberty into the ground and back on the PS2.

Blkmag1k
11-11-2011, 11:04 PM
yes they were and I would had been disappointed if they were changed

Dr Zombie Bones
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
I am not going to be getting this till february but its it easier to aim since we have better analogue stick or is to keeping the same as the ps2?

Malik241
11-13-2011, 03:03 AM
The controls are exactly the same as I remember, except this time I'm playing on the xbox and I'm having difficultly releasing the button light enough to cancel a shot.

Kaiyo
11-13-2011, 03:12 AM
I've played Substance on the Xbox and its pretty much the same to me, so I just jumped in knowing what to do and did what I did.

Malik241
11-13-2011, 06:25 AM
I have substance on xbox, myself but I've always played the ps2 version. I realized that I can click the left stick to put the gun down, which makes things a lot easier.

Psymon
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
The controls on the ps2 were slightly different. They aren't that awkward on the 360, you just need to learn a few little bit. As somebody mentioned, putting the gun down after aiming without shooting. The ps2 buttons were pressure sensitive while the 360 buttons aren't. That's why they made clicking the stick the button to lower your weapon. It's also harder to get the crosshairs exactly where you want them when using the PSG-1 sniper rifle (by that I mean the sticks aren't as sensitive and I find myself being like 1cm off when aiming and when I try to move it slightly, I end up 1cm off the target on the opposite side). I only find that to be an issue when you have to shoot the Semtex devices on the shell 1-2 connecting bridge (in particular taking out the ones on the cyphers). Besides those 2 things, the controls are pretty much the same.